Sign in to follow this  
jafferhussain11

Can we open the windows ?

hey,

now that we have P3D V3.something ,(and assuming it lets us animate more stuff ) ,could you guys animate windows opening et all for the 747 ??

kind regards,

jaffer hussain

could you guys animate windows opening

I hope not. They don't open.

ki9cAAb.jpg

In the past, this kind of feature has been omitted to allow for more functional click spots, if I recall correctly. While it's a nice-to-have, it does not really add any important feature and is a perfomance sink (more clickspots = less perfomance). 

I hope not. They don't open.

Ah I am not sure about the 747 . But they can be in 737 at least:) ...Wether the real wold pilots open them often or not is a whole new conversation...

Wether the real wold pilots open them often or not is a whole new conversation...
Jaffer Hussain..

Oh yeah, they open them all the time. I was brake riding a 737 from the hard stand to the gate one day and the window fell right in my lap. I've had captains open the window on occasion to swear at me also.

NAX669.png

Oh yeah, they open them all the time. I was brake riding a 737 from the hard stand to the gate one day and the window fell right in my lap. I've had captains open the window on occasion to swear at me also.

Doing it at altitude and speed, FL300 or so would be a bad idea. You might have plenty of time to think about it on the way down.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Baldy

747 and 787 don't have opening side windows, hence the escape hatch on the cockpit roof. Personally for me its not THAT important, although on the new FSLabs A320 opening the windows changes the sound and so on quite realistically. I would prefer the resources go into something more useful.

Doing it at altitude and speed, FL300 or so would be a bad idea. You might have plenty of time to think about it on the way down.

Sorry couldn't resist!

Baldy

We had a 737-400 where the captain's window popped open just before V1. Fortunately they were able to abort and return to the gate. They sat for about an hour to let the brakes cool and the mechanics make sure there weren't any problems. I was getting ready to push him back when I noticed that both of his right side main tires had gone flat.

NAX669.png

haha nice man ! . dint know pilots had rude ones among them ,they come across as suchh...well gentlemen,or at least i imagined they would be .

well gentlemen,or at least i imagined they would be .

Airline pilots are like any other group of people. Most of them are pretty decent people. A small percentage of them have the God complex and look down on everyone else. We had ways of dealing with those kind of guys. It was always a lot of fun to wind them up and see how red their faces could get. I went up on the flight deck more than once to have a "discussion" with a pilot with a bad attitude.

NAX669.png

Airline pilots are like any other group of people. Most of them are pretty decent people. A small percentage of them have the God complex and look down on everyone else. We had ways of dealing with those kind of guys. It was always a lot of fun to wind them up and see how red their faces could get. I went up on the flight deck more than once to have a "discussion" with a pilot with a bad attitude.

Same for military pilots, even fighter pilots are just people although many want to contest that.  However, the crew chief owns that airplane and he or she doesn't care what the pilot thinks of themselves, you better not mistreat their baby. Most of them will give a left arm to keep that bird in the air and they earn their respect.

Dan Downs KCRP

Airline pilots are like any other group of people.

There's always a bottom 5% in any group of people... people with crummy attitudes, people with questionable job skills, people you suspect are secretly constructing a woman skin suit in their basement like the guy in Silence of the Lambs... 

Same for military pilots, even fighter pilots are just people although many want to contest that. However, the crew chief owns that airplane and he or she doesn't care what the pilot thinks of themselves, you better not mistreat their baby. Most of them will give a left arm to keep that bird in the air and they earn their respect.

I was not in aviation, but attached to the Coral Sea. Knew a few crew chiefs and can vouch for your words!

Baldy

There's always a bottom 5% in any group of people... people with crummy attitudes, people with questionable job skills, people you suspect are secretly constructing a woman skin suit in their basement like the guy in Silence of the Lambs... 

Like everyone else, sometimes they're just having a bad day. Other guys you knew were going to be a problem. I worked weight and balance for a major airline but in a small station. There were certain captains that when I saw their name on the release I was sure there would be some kind of issue. Other guys you could tell them that one of the wings was being held on by duct tape and chewing gum and they'd say, ok no problem. It's just human nature.

NAX669.png

Like everyone else, sometimes they're just having a bad day. Other guys you knew were going to be a problem. I worked weight and balance for a major airline but in a small station. There were certain captains that when I saw their name on the release I was sure there would be some kind of issue. Other guys you could tell them that one of the wings was being held on by duct tape and chewing gum and they'd say, ok no problem. It's just human nature.

what about those 5 % or so with questionable skills ? i mean if they were lumberjacks or even software engineers it would be okay ...but pilots ? really ? i mean you are trusting them in essence with lives of ppl.

i thought they get checked regularly ? check rides etc