Sign in to follow this  
mcwdainow

ATC Calls?

Some of my aircraft are referred to by ATC as "Experimental" instead of by their manufacturers' names, such as "Cessna". I've tried modifiying their air files, with no luck. How can I get ATC to use the manufacturer's name?

Guest RonB49

Can anyone answer this? I have the same problem. R-

There is a limited number of aircraft types the FS ATC can recognise. If it is anything other than the ones in its list then it'll refer to it as "Experimental". The bits you want to be looking at is in the aircraft.cfg (open with notepad) within the aircrafts folder. These following entries for each scheme denote what it will be called by ATC:ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type="737-400"Just found this:http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/04fs/data/fltsimcf1.htmTells you every type it supports. I'm fairly sure you can add types just like you can add airlines by the program someone developed.. the name I've forgotten at the moment.

Guest pasodefe

I just found this out myself.You need to open your aircraft.cfg and under the [General] heading you should have something like this.[GENERAL]performance -------------------------atc_type=CESSNA (or whatever Manufacturer)atc_model=C152 (and specific model here)I'm not sure but i think thease have to be in the general section even if they are at or near the top. The ui_ entries mentiond in the other post only refer to what you see when you are selecting an aircraft from the aircraft selection menu.Good luckFS_Nut

.. its been far too long since I've fiddled with aircraft.cfgs!At least someone has their brain tuned in ;) Thanks for the correction!