Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bell

Secret Project Unveiling - vEarth (Virtual Earth)

If this is going to be roughly state based products can we expect that the transitions between photoreal areas will be pretty good? Seen problems with other photoscenery before where it is a pretty jarring transition between products of the same producer. Florida will be pretty popular I'm sure, good choice for a first state. Hoping this finds it's way to Michigan before I die of old age :P

• Upvote 1

Hi Steve :)

indeed vEarth is a state based product line, you should expect nothing less than perfection!

our imagery sources are very recent, collected and rendered as of last year,

vEarth is like nothing you seen before when it comes to Photoreal based scenery,

it is the culmination of everyone on our Team experience and long time wishes; all wrapped in one package,

I hope Hawaii comes first!

Will these products be standalone? I mean in order to get both autogen and photoreal, will it require that we own and use products such as FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX openLC, Mesh, etc?

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

excuse my French Aaron but... heck NO!

this is stated on the projects home page very clearly, including the systems specs i recorded this on,

in this video we used a plain vanilla Sim with no addons of any kind; or any modification made to config files,

this is a standalone self sufficient / self contained product,

excuse my French Aaron but... heck NO!

this is stated on the projects home page very clearly, including the systems specs i recorded this on,

in this video we used a plain vanilla Sim with no addons of any kind; or any modification made to config files,

this is a standalone self sufficient / self contained product,

I know it is not reliant on any 3rd party mesh product Chris, but to clarify for others;

a) does it contain a mesh included with the product?

B) if not, will any 3rd party mesh product, (payware or freeware), enhance the photoreal experience? (obviously more so in hilly/mountainous areas!)

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

i was referring to the video where we didn't use any third party mesh, only what exists in Sim,

in general we may include Mesh (when and as needed),

@Steve

below is our entire NA imagery set

(not color corrected yet)

57ff5083cd009_NA.Imagery.DBSmall.png.8ab

• Upvote 2

Looks nice so far, can't wait to see how this will be compared to FTX Global/Vector/openLC... in terms of visuals and performance...

Having both photoreal and autogen is the best of both worlds and its something I've been dreaming of for awhile. this is actually done on XPX which I really love.

I hope you guys will offer a complete package where we can purchase the entire country. Will we get your amazing night lighting laid on top of your photoreal scenery too? This will be a big hit if it can offer all that!

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

i have listed this on the main project page as well as here,

vEarth includes 4 season and Night (indeed Night will include NE style lighting and textures)

and the list goes on....

not to take from any respected developers work; you cannot compare vEarth to any existing scenery work!

we each focus on different scenery type and elements, its not apples to apples,

i don't think its even fair to compere visuals,

we render real world imagery with accurate objects vs random textures with random objects,

completely two different animals,

if you ask me its always going to boil down to the personal pilots preference,

some like the realistic experience, some like the random generated texture style,

we are well aware of the quality and service top developers offered today, we don't fall shy of any,

we pride our-self's being innovative pioneers; we render top quality scenery using latest technology, with zero compromises!

not to mention first class support!

• Upvote 1

Hi Dave,

it is very possible we will offer a hard copy delivery as an option,

• Upvote 1

Cool! This looks very promising! 

• Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Nice. Just up my street.

I have to ask though - being UK based - any plans to do the equivalent for Europe? And what is the likely cost per state?

• Upvote 1

TY TT

at the near future we will focus on NA,

no telling were we will branch later on with our new technology,

some UK discussions already started here where we were made "an offer we cant refuse" if we render UK  :smile:

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php?/topic/21340-secret-project-unveiling-vearth-virtual-earth/

as for retail pricing... its not set just yet; we are still in early development stages,

our goal it to make these affordable so you guys can enjoy our work and share our passion!

• Upvote 1

This definitely looks very interesting!! Will have to keep an eye on this.

Also, Chris, any chance I can convince you to never use that font again? :) Maybe it's just me and old age creeping up on me but, man, was this hard to read.

Thank you Kevin,

which font are you referring too; the one i use on my site?

i thought it actually makes the font with the blue color softer on the eye; maybe its just me?

are you using default font size? (use Ctrl ++ or -- to increase decrease font on any page)

I'd have to agree Chris, the cursive font you post in here and on your sight is very hard to read on a computer or phone screen.

I always have to copy and past your posts into notepad so that I can read them. Cursive doesn't read very easy for some people when views on the net.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A dream come true. Photoreal and correct placed autogen! I hope in the future that your scenery will be a standard from which 3rd party airport developers will do their airports in terms of photo color. Nothing worse than coming in on an approach with say Megascenery and suddenly its a completely different color palette.

I like for example that Switzerland Professional has become the "standard" photoscenery in Switzerland and most airport develpers match their airport and surrounding photocolor to it (...or at least give an option for it). Also FranceVFR for France and Horizon photoscenery in the UK.

An idea I guess could also be to work closely with the major airport developers. A win win for everyone :)

Mike 

• Upvote 2