Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

FSX-SE MyTraffic 6 Installation

I am at this point in the install: (FSX-SE):

From the installation guide:

In order to do so, start Flight Simulator X and go to the 'Settings' tab and select 'Scenery library'. Like you do with many other add on sceneries.
Then, select “add area” and the window will show all folders in the [Microsoft Flight Simulator X] main Folder.

Browse to MyTraffic Professional folder that you created by installation above

, so if you installed as example to C:\ browse into C:\MyTraffic Professional\. <Did this, my installation is on the C: Drive>

Select MyTraffic and press OK.  < It doesn't return back to the scenery dialog It traverses to the C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic  folder displaying Aircraft as the first folder.>   I can't get past this dialog and return with the scenery add-on selected and ready to move up or down the list) PLEASE ADVISE!!!! 

( I posted on the MT6 forum, but thought there would be more traffic here....)  I had read that the installation wasn't straight forward...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Select MyTraffic and press OK. < It doesn't return back to the scenery dialog .

This is a known FSX bug.  After you click on Add Scenery, go to MyTraffic/Scenery and click on it.  Click on OK.  Nothing happens.  Click in the white space within the box (anywhere).  It should then close and the scenery is added.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim..

I found the "fine print" about having to click in empty space on the scenery panel, seems to be working now.  However FSX-SE just crashed and stopped working.

Here is the error

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9268, time stamp: 0x573d297f
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0x5c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2234b2f0ba5bf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.9268_none_d08e1538442a243e\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: afc30797-9de5-41ff-9e47-1da4ac0ccafe
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: for the FSX-SE crash in Windows 10

One issue is I applied the Runway Magnetic Heading and NAV AIDs update and the MyTraffic 6 reverted the updates back to the default.  For example, for PANC, the runway headings changed from 6R and 6L to 7L and 7R... 25 L and 25R, 18 and 33.  The runway markers are correct but ATC has them incorrect.

Thanks!

Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.9268, time stamp: 0x573d297f

This module belongs to Microsoft Visual C++2005 which is required to run FSX-SE.  Whenever you get a Microsoft Visual error, you should run the Microsoft.net Repair Tool (see page 26, AVSIM CTD Guide for link to tool). 

Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their product is installed properly. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks. This problem started after I installed My Traffic 6, did it overwrite DLLs?

Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks

Thanks. This problem started after I installed My Traffic 6, did it overwrite DLLs?

Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks

MyTraffic6 does not overwrite any dll.  However you have to disable to default traffic.dll in scenery/world/scenery so that your default traffic does not appear.  Everything else is installed in the MyTraffic6 folder.  If you click on Communicator in the main MyTraffic6 folder it will take you to the website and give you more information about proper installation.  Of course there is an excellent install guide that is located in the main MyTraffic6 folder.  MyTraffic6 does not automatically install everything and there are certain things you have to do manually like add the entry in the fsx.cfg and disable the default traffic.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

HI Jim,

So far so good.  I will double check some of the other settings, etc in the installation guide as well.   I am not seeing much traffic enroute.  I am flying PADQ to PANC.  Yesterday before disabling the Default Scenery, I was seeing quite a bit of traffic.  I know you can modify the flight schedules, etc.

I also need to do some tweaks to get the FPS a little higher.  Its not bad, but I think it can be improved.

Thanks again for your help!  I REALLY appreciate it!