Sign in to follow this  
mcpiloto

Pilot2ATC failure at the approach

I was doing a flight from SBSP (São Paulo - Brazil) to SBRJ (Rio de Janeiro) when I was at the approach fase the

Program Pilot2ATC stopped working. All the times it happened this. I never can do the approach with the Pilot2ATC.

Other times the program do a approach dfferent that not is the same I set in the FMC of the Airbus A320neo.

What was the flight plan and approach you were attempting?  I can test it with the next update to be sure the error has been corrected.

Thanks,

Dave

This is the flight plan: Departure: SBSP Sid PUKR1A RW 17R  transition DORLU STAR UGRA1B RW 20L Approach NDB  N20LY RW20L Transition GELUT Arrival SBRJ

I do not want to steal the thread, but I've big problems with approaches too, but slightly different.

In the last 4 flights, ATC did not hint which arrival I may get, and there was no call for descent. So, in every case, I did contact the ATC and manually requested descent which where okay.

But I did not get any STAR assigned, and when passing the last waypoint in flightplan (which, in all of my flightplans, always is a start point of an STAR), I did not get any clearances of heading changes or assigned STAR:s. Note, sometime before or after I got handed over to approach.

After a while I did loose my patience, and turned around to do a legal approach. ATC told me I'm of course and gave me vectors. After a while, ATC told me to resume own navigation. Often I've just terminated the Pilot2ATC application in this case.

I'm using the AIRAC 1610 from NavdataPro and these where the last routes I had problem with the approaches (the SID assignments work well though):

* VNKT AHALE R344 RAJ G463 OLPAS VGHS

* ESSA NTL N851 RIKUM Y370 RERBU T89 IXONO EFOU

* EFOU OTVEM T320 SLU T320 MIMKI GEPTU ENBO

* ULLI LISNA B141 RANVA L870 TLL L77 XILAN ESSA

Also to note, in another route from VGHS, ATC told me there where no departure routes (SID:s), even though there is (I've checked procedure files in the other readable formats of NavDataPro). The route here in case was:

* VGHS NIKLI IBAPA B593 GGT W51 DRG MIKOS CZH ZUUU

I did not finish this flight, so cannot verify if the approach was faulty here too.

Gosta,

Thanks for the report. I've been trying to duplicate your experience and found something interesting.

P3D v3.4.9 does not have airport VGHS, so when I tried to put the plane on the ground there, I was placed at a VGEG, which does not have any SIDs. It took a while to figure that one out. I was trying to get clearance from VGEG Ground control and they rightfully reported no SIDs. That may be what happened to you.

I will try some of the other routes to see what happens. Can you tell me what your FltPln tab settings are. Do you have all the ATC Assigns xxxx options checked?

Thanks,

Dave

I did find a bug in 2.0.1.12 that can leave ATC without a STAR and Approach.  I will put out another update a little later today after some more testing.

Thanks for the error reports.

Dave

This is what a responsive developer looks like.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

Other bug version 2.0.1.12: The atc clearance delivery asked set transponder 3435 and after take off, the tower asked set transponder 2000 after transfer to center

this asked transponder 6402. When I was flying the approach transfer to tower very far from the airport, and after asked cleared for full stop landing I

didn't get answer, at 3 miles at the airport I asked cleared for full stop landing and again I didn't get answer.

Other bug version 2.0.1.12: The atc clearance delivery asked set transponder 3435 and after take off, the tower asked set transponder 2000 after transfer to center

this asked transponder 6402. When I was flying the approach transfer to tower very far from the airport, and after asked cleared for full stop landing I

didn't get answer, at 3 miles at the airport I asked cleared for full stop landing and again I didn't get answer.

Apart from IFR or VFR flight rules the transponders 3435 and 6402 are individual squawk codes during ATC controlled flights. 2000 is standard VFR squawk code in ICAO countries outside USA/Canada. It seems to me, that you are departed VFR from an ATC controlled airport. That's the reason for the instruction transponder 3435 during take-off under Tower control. After you leave the CTR you were instructed to squawk VFR (for this area of flying obviously 2000). Later you switched back from uncontrolled to controlled flight or airspace. Maybe you requested flight following or you got the new transponder code 6402 for landing on an controlled airport.

It seems logical and okay to me.

The second part ... no landing clearance/no answer for your request ... without further information (VFR/IFR/departure/destination/route or flightplan/did P2A recognize your request/grammar/phraseology ...???) no way to answer, sorry.

Helge

Sorry, I'm Brasiliam. I'm learning how to speak English. I wasn't doing a flight VFR, I was doing a IFR flight. The ATC Clearance delivery gave-me the squawk 3435. Then, the ATC Tower gave-me other transponder number

before take off, 2000. I know it's standard VFR squawk, but I don't change the flight rules. After take off the ATC Center gave-me other squawk 6402. I think this isn't correct. When I was at 3 NM from arrival airport, I asked to Tower authorization for landing, I said: Tower, GLO 1719 request full stop landing runway 20L, and I didn't get answer.  

So the squawk code 2000 wasn't correct; but I have no idea why you've got it on IFR.

After handover to Tower on IFR arrivals ~ and that means you've got from CTR the clearance for STAR / ILS-approach or (depending on your config settings) vectors to final with the clearance to intercept the ILS  ~ you normally should use a different phraseology. For the initial Tower contact outside ILS glidepath is a position report like "<callsign> at <current altitude>" sufficient. Tower will confirm with "<callsign> radar contact; continue ...". And then you later report "<callsign> established ILS Runway <number>" Tower will respond with the landing clearance.

But the used term "... request full stop landing ..." is unusual on IFR flights in such situation. It's common for VFR flights or for the last landing after touch and go flight training. Maybe that's the reason.

If you are unsure about the right phraseology for the situation you can use the context-sensitive SayIt feature to avoid communication failures.

I will try some of the other routes to see what happens. Can you tell me what your FltPln tab settings are. Do you have all the ATC Assigns xxxx options checked?

Thanks,

Dave

I guess this is fixed in latest patches (hey, really great and supportive work you are doing. All respect to you!)

Though in respect of your question, even though it may be fixed, I will give an answer of my settings in FltPln, sorry for being late (x is a marked and selected option):

[x] ATC Assigns SID

[x] ATC Assigns STARS

[x] ATC Assigns Approaches

[x] ATC Gives vectors to IF

[ ] ATC Ignores published speeds

[ ] ATC Ignores Below 10000ft Speed

[ ] Force pilot runway selection

[ ] Auto Load recommended Procedures

I guess these are the options your after for.

I'll try to do a flight from ESSA to ESGG with the new version and see how it goes.

Thank you very much for your great work, it is very appreciated.

Dave,

I'm keeping all options deselected!

[ ] ATC Assigns SID

[ ] ATC Assigns STARS

[ ] ATC Assigns Approaches

[ ] ATC Gives vectors to IF

[ ] ATC Ignores published speeds

[ ] ATC Ignores Below 10000ft Speed

[ ] Force pilot runway selection

[ ] Auto Load recommended Procedures

I was keeping only the option ([ ] ATC Gives vectors to IF) marked, but the landing vectors provided ATC wasn't correct. So, I disable it.

I have found some additional issues with vectors and approaches.  I'll have them fixed in 2.0.1.17....hopefully later today.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yesterday I was doing a flight (SBSP Sid PUKR1A RW 17R  transition DORLU STAR UGRA1B RW 20L Approach NDB  N20LY RW20L Transition GELUT Arrival SBRJ) and happened some bugs with the version 2.0.1.16. 

1) There was that bug with the squawk, the clearance delivery asked me set squawk 6120 and a few moments before take off, the tower asked me set squawk 2000, and after of take off, the center asked me set squawk 5252.

2) The atc ground was repeating the instructions for the taxi after I did the read back. 

3) The approach vectors was wrong again. So, I did standard arrival ignoring the atc instructions.