Sign in to follow this  
brucek

To anyone who likes bad weather

Flying now from Anchorage (PANC) to Seattle (KSEA). Weather in PANC for takeoff was "great", snow, windy, turbulent and my ACARS weather advisory is telling me extremely low visibility and bad landing conditions (and suggesting me to prepare to divert). But, ####, I'm not going to divert. I have very important passengers who HAVE to arrive into Seattle on time, or the world is going to end! }( }( }(So, join me if you'd like! BAW645 on way from PANC to KSEA.Btw. using ActiveSky V Enhanced with FE upgrades, so every is looking OMG :-)

Guest ssurjap

I took off from KBFI and visibility was one mile, ceiling 300. I'm using ASE too.

That is nice indeed. My ASE says visibility currently KSEA 1/4 mile.

...strange coincidence, I'm listening into KSEA TWR online this very moment....RVR touchdown rnwy 16R is now 3000', was 6000'.... 1/4 SM FG...sounds like fun, good luck :-)cheersGreg

Thanks for the tip. I just completed an Alaskan Airlines flight from PANC to KSEA; had to do an autoland at KSEA - zero visibility. The Northeast/Alaska/Canada is really one of the best areas to fly in; it has it all.ricardo

Thanks for the heads up! I did PANC-KSEA. But unfortunately had a dll error crash after landing at sea tac. Great flight though, could barely see anything! The snow in anchorage was great

And what happened to me? I had a CTD just as I was intercepting localizer. Imagine that... I was so darn ######, I just wanted to throw this whole box out of the window (from the 3rd floor).Anyway, glad at least someone had fun!

Guest smoys

BA flys from PANC to KSEA? When did they start that route?MikeAlaska Virtual Airlines

World Cargo Route according to original BA schedules, by B747F. Although, F version isn't out yet by PMDG, but well, can't always have all the details :)

What was the Zulu time that you had the bad wx at KSEA/KBFI? Thanks- Bruce.

Well, I posted at 8:59 PM according to AVSIM. I think the time AVSIM shows is actually my local time - or am I wrong? Testing...

Almost... 7:20 PM shows AVSIM, 7:07 PM shows my clock.Anyway, my time is GMT is +1. I started the flight may 20 minutes before I posted. Do the math yourself :-) (I also hope to get the right WX from the datebase today, to try the flight once more).

Speaking of crashes to desktop: I think the simulator has an inbuilt detector that will randomly frustrate you. Just the other day, I was setting up PMDG's 747 for a flight from Heathrow to Toronto. Spent close to an hour getting started from cold and dark, programming the FMC, etc. After being pushed back I intend to set the parking brake again by hitting "Ctrl ." Instead I hit "Ctrl ;" which "resets" the entire flight. Back to square 1. CTD's tend to happen when FS9 senses you're at an important stage of your flight: You're getting ready to take off, or you're about to land. ricardo