Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

PTA, gave me XP night environment, within P3D.

The city lightscapes, the rurals, even the intensity and light depth of the headlight and taillights of moving A.I. traffic.

Invest the time to tweak each and every feature...test...move values up or down a tad...test visuals again.  It can take hours...but the result is INCREDIBLE!  Save each result to your (own name).ini file  Once you have your total custom (your name) 'burnt in' ini of your own.  BACK IT UP! :))))   Happy flights!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Edit:

I captured a screen shot to demonstrate what I was typing about. Unfortunately, it did not capture the actual screen visual. Not at all.  I don't think that perhaps all of what PTA can render on screen, gets captured to a memory dump...and resultant picture.  It did not for my example.  You will just have to trust me, that if you use all of the PTA tweak settings within the header sections...your 'personal' copy of P3D v3.4.x will render fabulously!

Cheers,

Although I don't quite consider it to be XP quality nights, the night time experince has become ALOT better. Much darker nights are a great start coupled with FTX Lights Configurator which I use to selct very small size lights.

Although I don't quite consider it to be XP quality nights, the night time experince has become ALOT better. Much darker nights are a great start coupled with FTX Lights Configurator which I use to selct very small size lights.

Erich...I wish I could have captured my screen, with what exactly I was typing about...but it did not capture the 'enhanced' PTA processing.  

I would tell you though...that for myself...as picky, as I am, probably anal...as I am, about night scenes...and with using XP 10.51r as my baseline...I see no difference now with the night scene played out within P3D v3.4.9 and my XP.   I am not bringing into play, the ability of XP's aircraft lights, and other types of lights to actually impact scenery objects and illuminating them. No M.S. based flight sim, has this capability.

Discounting that...it is an absolute 100/100 for myself.  Since my taking the time to really dig into what PTA's processing horsepower is all about....the results are phenomenal.  I am flying P3D v3.4.9 like a banshee....DANG...it looks real world now across all aspects....wow!

I am flying P3D v3.4.9 like a banshee....DANG...it looks real world now....wow!

:lol:

Would you mind sharing your preset? I wouldn't mind trying it. I've become quite risk averse when it comes to random tinkering with a working setup.

:lol:

Would you mind sharing your preset? I wouldn't mind trying it. I've become quite risk averse when it comes to random tinkering with a working setup.

Check your email within five minutes....

• Upvote 1

Hey Erich...try my .ini in a Dawn to Day transition....

I recommend ORBX Norway, if you have it.   I think, it will put a smile on the kisser.... :hi:

Skirt the outer fjords, and keep an eye upon the up and coming towns n' villages as you fly towards them.  :)

See if you can get your P3D working at max settings, for autogen, detail, etc.   That's what my .ini file was tweaked to bring out of the closet.....

Very important:

HDR set to from top to bottom on the three sliders:

1.0 (for more 'mood', set to .95, or even better, .90)

1.15 (Saturation)  My colors and vibrance is set to highlight this setting)

Sesquashoo, I am indeed curious to your discoveries about this as well, because flying at dusk/dawn and night are my favorite times to fly. I really wish I can see a screenshot or a video of your night settings, especially when you mentioned it was on par with or close to XPX's night lighting.

I would also like to give your preset a try if you don't mind sharing it. 

Also did you use the FTX Light Configurator or REX at all to modify your lights?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Sesquashoo, I am indeed curious to your discoveries about this as well, because flying at dusk/dawn and night are my favorite times to fly. I really wish I can see a screenshot or a video of your night settings, especially when you mentioned it was on par with or close to XPX's night lighting.

I would also like to give your preset a try if you don't mind sharing it. 

Also did you use the FTX Light Configurator or REX at all to modify your lights?

I can't seem to capture the post processing of PTA for the effects that I have on screen.  I sent Erich my Mitch.ini, and he has my PTA processing on-screen, and by his comments, is enjoying the tweaks.  PM me your email...and I will send it along.  I do use the FTX  L.C. to adjust the lights to Very Small, across both P3D and FSX.  

I wouldn't say they were 'discoveries'...but merely my use of PTA and what went into the final Mitch.ini (smile).  I now run that without change as my default PTA injection.

For HDR,  please set your sim to:

.95, or 1.0

Tessellation MUST be on, and the highest setting.

Please try to run P3D at mostly max autogen and detail settings, to get the most out of my PTA  ini file.  :) Run water at HIGH, with all sub boxes checked, but not BATH.

Please make sure to apply Mitch.ini, as well as the Shader injection. Both need to be applied.

I'm with you on dusk,dawn, outright night flying....I think you will really like the new cityscape lighting intensity, street light illumination, as well as the cars's head and tail lights.  They now look like the real deal...:)))

Ses

Captain420/Aaron,...

...knock, knock, the mailman has arrived!  :hi:

I do assume, that you are familiar with,  and are already using PTA.

So, you should have no problem applying (injecting) my Mitch.ini file into P3D v3.4.9

Enjoy!  :smile:

Hey Mitch. Would you be so kind to send it along my direction? Please. :)

Mike, you need to PM me with your email address.  I can then send it in the mail...:)

Mike, you need to PM me with your email address.  I can then send it in the mail...:)

Anyway you could post screen shots of your various tabs within PTA? Would like to see what you are using compared to mine. Failing that, can you please email me it? (PM sent) Thank you

Eric 

Mike and  Eric, you got it.

Mitch

This thread should probably go to something regarding PTA, as I don't really have a screenshot to share.

Was going to...but it didn't turn out.

Anyway, going out for a night-life flight....probably Vegas! :)