Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

PTA, gave me XP night environment, within P3D.

Ctrl-Alt-Printscreen will capture everything as you see on the monitor (e.g. post effects). Paste it into MS Paint and save. If you're using ReShade, then just hit Printscreen.

I mean, some screenshots in this thread would be helpful as opposed to just talking about messaging config files...

Ctrl-Alt-Printscreen will capture everything as you see on the monitor (e.g. post effects). Paste it into MS Paint and save. If you're using ReShade, then just hit Printscreen.

I mean, some screenshots in this thread would be helpful as opposed to just talking about messaging config files...

I did that...but didn't get the capture that I wanted.  

I will try again, but if I don't see verbatim, what is on my monitor, in real-time, than I won't bother to post.

The message is, actually, that you can get P3D to look very much like XP...and PTA is the way to do it. :)  I have had a few comments back from those that I sent it to...and they see what prompted my initial thread.  

Thread end of the line... :)

P3D can look very much alike X-Plane night lightning, but the major difference is that X-Plane renders actual lights that ma cast upon objects. P3D only renders a bright texture + splash texture underneath to make it look like dynamic lightning.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Well I tried Mitch's preset last night and love it!  I thought my nights were 'good enough'.  Dark was dark and that was good for me.  But the lighting is very well rendered with the new settings.  It's a keeper for me.  Last night I did Copenhagen - Munich.

many thanks Mitch.

erich

• Upvote 1

P3D can look very much alike X-Plane night lightning, but the major difference is that X-Plane renders actual lights that ma cast upon objects. P3D only renders a bright texture + splash texture underneath to make it look like dynamic lightning.

Right.  XP can illuminate objects.  FSX and P3D can not.  Having said that, though, I found that you can get pretty darn close, to the look of XP in the air, and the route is PTA.

Well I tried Mitch's preset last night and love it!  I thought my nights were 'good enough'.  Dark was dark and that was good for me.  But the lighting is very well rendered with the new settings.  It's a keeper for me.  Last night I did Copenhagen - Munich.

many thanks Mitch.

erich

Of course, very welcome.  I take enjoyment, that you are enjoying! :)

Cheers,

Mitch