Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Blurry ground textures p3d v3.4

I get blurry textures sometimes a little and sometimes a short distance it is really blurred. What can cause blurry ground textures?I have the best affinity mask for my CPU and my Vram not overload. When I see blurry my Vram max 1.8GB 2GB. I have defraged my hard drive but no difference.

I get blurry textures sometimes a little and sometimes a short distance it really blurry. What can cause blurry ground textures?

I have the best affinity mask for my CPU and my Vram not overload. When I see blurry my Vram maximum of 1.8 GB 2GB. I have defraged my hard drive but no difference.

I5 4460

8GB RAM

1tb hdd

asus ggtx 750 2GB

I get blurry textures sometimes a little and sometimes a short distance it is really blurred. What can cause blurry ground textures?I have the best affinity mask for my CPU and my Vram not overload. When I see blurry my Vram max 1.8GB 2GB. I have defraged my hard drive but no difference.

• Upvote 1

Well, imho some blurriness is part of the P3D/FSX world... The causes may be different (an many and very system dependant) but it's not very odd or weird to get some blurry textures every now and then. My advice: get used to it or at least don't pay too much attention to it. If you don't actually focus on it and stay busy keeping your plane in the air and going the right direction, it won't be a big problem. But that's my view on it. ;)

I get blurry textures sometimes a little and sometimes a short distance it really blurry. What can cause blurry ground textures?

I have the best affinity mask for my CPU and my Vram not overload. When I see blurry my Vram maximum of 1.8 GB 2GB. I have defraged my hard drive but no difference.

I5 4460

8GB RAM

1tb hdd

asus ggtx 750 2GB

Not an expert on these issues, but look into your graphics card. Seems to me, because of the way textures are loaded from the sim into the video memory, that you'll need a 4 GB video card. But anyway, this is just a hint, let's hear to the experts.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Have you tried running without an affinity mask (and HT enabled) just as a control? You might see better terrain rendering, at the expense of fps and fluidity.

Throw away the affinity mask tweak (Stay away from tweaking P3D), and try to upgrade your NVidia drivers, or revert to an older set (Always do a clean install of the NVidia drivers).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Thanks all of you. I think IF I take away some of The tweaks it might help but i want fps so I get a good flying experience. And my sim looks okay

Could be my graphics card that needs to be upgraded to run blurry free texures att higher settings

Well, imho some blurriness is part of the P3D/FSX world... The causes may be different (an many and very system dependant) but it's not very odd or weird to get some blurry textures every now and then. My advice: get used to it or at least don't pay too much attention to it. If you don't actually focus on it and stay busy keeping your plane in the air and going the right direction, it won't be a big problem. But that's my view on it. ;)

Yes, you're quite right

Since 3.4 i need to set am @85 instead of 116 and FFTF=0.01

My 4790k is oc @ 4.6 and fps in 4K are between 30 and 60

Frédéric Giraud

I am also experiencing  blurry   texture  and no way is my hardware as you can see on my signature,  and furthermore  if I run the same scenery/aircraft/weather etc on FSX-SE I have no issues.  To me the problem  is the infamous rob Peter to pay Paul with those 32bits sims. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I had blurries at all distances and it took several days of trying different things to finally find that for me the answer is HT off and no affinity.  Works great.  Using 6700K at 4.7GB and 980Ti.

Dan Downs KCRP

Since 3.4 i need to set am @85 instead of 116 and FFTF=0.01

My 4790k is oc @ 4.6 and fps in 4K are between 30 and 60

If blurries are a problem, stay away from the FFTF tweak. And btw that fps doesn't say much: first of all because it simply doens't say much, period, (it's all about smoothness: you can have perfect performance at 30 fps and totally crap performance at 60 fps), but secondly who knows you may have autogen turned off all the way... or whatever, so what's that fps number worth without knowing all setting. And used addons.

I had blurries at all distances and it took several days of trying different things to finally find that for me the answer is HT off and no affinity. Works great. Using 6700K at 4.7GB and 980Ti.

And THIS, my dear fellow simmers, is the winning answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "it took several days of trying different things to finally find that for me the answer is..." If everyone gave this answer a try, this forum would be a very restful, peaceful (and perhaps a bit too quiet) place. ;) But SERIOUSLY, this IS the best answer. No one, really no one, can answer performance related questions better than you yourself, on your own PC, with your own specific and probably unique combination of hardware. Case closed, we can all go flying now. ;)

Affinity Mask caused severe blurries on my system until I deleted it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Everything depends of your system IMHO, and nobody can reproduce any issue you may have, except yourself, that's why I think there are no universal rules. In my case, I have AM set to 1365 and HT set to ON. I also have FFTF set to 0.10, and call tell I don't have any blurries and nice and good fluidity of the sim (locked at 33 fps inside P3D), except in those places where you have to sacrifice some detail, like Seattle, NY and Northern California areas, for instance, to keep a good balance with the fps, and depending on the aircraft selected, of course.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For me is HT off and no AM on an i7 4790k. I have not done shift-z in a long time now. Feels and flys good.

Everything depends of your system IMHO, and nobody can reproduce any issue you may have, except yourself, that's why I think there are no universal rules.

So true.

One thing that can be smart to do is to change the affinity of other programs interacting with P3D. I have changed the affinity of TrackIR, Traffic Optimizer, FSGRW, SPAD (which has an affinity mask on as default) etc. to core 2 and/or 3 on my CPU. It gives a little more headroom for P3D on core 0. It might reduce stutters when these side programs are working hard.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!