Sign in to follow this  
Albin

Blurry ground textures p3d v3.4

I think a fast SSD is the key in curing blurries..

Since I got my M2 Samsung SSD, I have set the Frame locker to unlimited with no external limiter and I got almost no blurries. Also the texture loading is really fast.

My specs: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz GTX 970 DDR 3 1600 mhz

Can fiber time fraction cuase blurry textures. Now I have FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

Can fiber time fraction cuase blurry textures. Now I have FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

Yes. Default (when you have no entry in the cfg) is 0.33. The lower the number, the less time is spend on loading textures and hence the more blurries you can get. This lower setting is often used to gain performance but it comes at a cost. Funnily enough some people even add this entry and this number thinking it will prevent blurries... To prevent blurries you should enter a higher number but usually this introduces stutters. The best thing imho is to remove the entry altogether. In fact, do not add any performance tweaks to the cfg's at all!

Yes. Default (when you have no entry in the cfg) is 0.33. The lower the number, the less time is spend on loading textures and hence the more blurries you can get. This lower setting is often used to gain performance but it comes at a cost. Funnily enough some people even add this entry and this number thinking it will prevent blurries... To prevent blurries you should enter a higher number but usually this introduces stutters. The best thing imho is to remove the entry altogether. In fact, do not add any performance tweaks to the cfg's at all!

Thank you for help

I am out of ideas how to fix this. Maybe you could help please ? FFT is 0.01 - I've got HT off, Affinity mask off i7-3770k @4.5GHz and my P3d looks really bad.

It looks lovely close to the aircraft but horrible and flat far away. I'd appreciate any advice !

Screenshot below:

2EHUpwS.jpg

You're running almost the same hardware as me... the only time I see blurry textures is when I use photoreal, but if I'm using ftx global, its sharp. I'm not sure why using photoreal textures would cause blurries for me.

How can you tell if you have HT on or off, and is there a simple way to toggle it while in Windows?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU