Sign in to follow this  
wedgantilles

X-Plane 11 compatibility

Hello.

A quick question, though I guess the answer might have to wait. But is there any plan to support X-Plane 11. 

It's just been announced and from their information, anything that works with the latest version 10 update should still work. But of course the EULA and the installer won't probably just for it. So just curious to know about this, when it's possible to know :)

Best regards

PMDG has been able to work with LR during the DC-6B development to a greater degree than others, and unless they do something totally unexpected there's a very good chance the current version will work with XPLv11.  That's not to say there won't be a glitch, but PMDG has expressed a committment to supporting the XPlane platform and I expect that to continue.

You worried about the PMDG EULA and installer?  Not sure why.

Dan Downs KCRP

PMDG has been able to work with LR during the DC-6B development to a greater degree than others, and unless they do something totally unexpected there's a very good chance the current version will work with XPLv11.  That's not to say there won't be a glitch, but PMDG has expressed a committment to supporting the XPlane platform and I expect that to continue.

You worried about the PMDG EULA and installer?  Not sure why.

Well I've not exactly read the EULA only it's a bit like for the P3D product they guaranteed support for v3 but not further. So if the EULA says it's for X-Plane 10 only, I cannot use it with X-Plane 11. Just like when they had FSX products only, even though they might be working on the P3D environment, it was forbidden. But If it's like LR says directly compatible I'm not too woried.

As for the installer well it's looking for XP10 at the moment, so obviously XP11 would need another installer I guess.

The only issue might be the install directory will change to X-Plane 11, so the PMDG folder will have to be installed in a different location.  Most XPL users are used to manually manipulating the directory structure so I don't expect a big deal.

What I look forward to is a new rendering engine to overcome the limitations of XP10, that might lead to some updates from PMDG but not of the critical type that need done to make the upgrade work.

I suggest you read the EULA if you have any doubts.

Dan Downs KCRP