Sign in to follow this  
lencarne

Hard landing

I just had a hard landing at Dublin (my fault of course!) Just to say the sim was amazing - The aircraft slewed and the cockpit horizon was over,  not level,  so I knew what had happened but i made a safe landing. In exterior mode you could see the snapped gear. Thank you PMDG for making an amazing sim! Previous bad landings have been crash and burn so I must be getting better lol

Happy simming guys

Yeah, there is an amazing level of detail that goes into PMDG products (Stating the obvious!), which we don't always appreciate until mishandling comes into play. I once did the pushback in Rio without releasing the parking brake (Yes, I'm still awaiting my Nobel Prize). Being in a bit of a hurry, I just used Shift P, so there was no Release Parking Brake request from the ground grew. It wasn't until I was in the air with the gear raised that I noticed the right main landing gear had failed to retract. Switching to the external view, I saw the right main gear sticking out like a guilty conscience.

I might not have cared about following correct procedures on that flight, but the plane did. It always sends you the check if you don't do it right.

I wondered once why my controls were so sluggish until I realised i hadnt turned the hydraulics on!