Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Using Pro-ATC/X with PFPX, AS16, AIVLASOFT EFB, FS2Crew

Jarkko, that makes sense! Because I have been using the PULL method, which I thought was correct, and I had a lot of WARNINGS go off, and my plane became very unstable, the speed was out of control. Thanks for clearing that up with me. I learned something new today. :)

With that being said, I have a question about the runway departures/arrivals that AI use. Do you or anyone here know how the AI decides which runway to use for depature and arrivals? Do they use certain runways based on the weather that is being injected into the sim or is there something else at play here that I'm unaware of. I'm curious to know because there's an option in PATCX for "Use same runways that the AI are using" which I see you and me both have checked. Because if the AI planes follow the realworld based on wind, then it would make sense to have that option in PATCX enabled. But if not, then I would like to know why so I can make a better decision on whether I should disable that option for more realism.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I want to add here, that you can export the generated PFPX plans to various locations:

Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB\UserData\Routes

MainSimFolder\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 or NGX

PRO-ATC-X\import\Flightplans

Normally I start my flight at the gate, so that AS16 is loaded and can produce the needed weather file (I often fly historical, meaning mybe an other time of day to get the nice morning fog etc.)

Then I plan my flight with PFPX and let it export

Then I load from the above locations the files into AivlaSoft EFB and PATC

(in EFB I had to manuall delete that PFPX FAP Waypoint - haven't find out to stop PFPX producing that)

When a flightplan is loaded and activated in EFB, it is also loaded in the sim if you have this action enabled. And therefore, AS has now the flightplan also.

Then I start PATC and load the generated file. If the clearance delievery gives me another Runway/SID, I change that probably in PFPX or TOPCAT and let calculate it new and enter it then finally into my FMC (and also the expected STAR etc.).

Accordingly I change the porcedures in Aivlasoft EFB if needed.

That is how I handle that stuff.

Interesting thread, thanks

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious to know because there's an option in PATCX for "Use same runways that the AI are using" which I see you and me both have checked. Because if the AI planes follow the realworld based on wind, then it would make sense to have that option in PATCX enabled.

The AI will basically try to land based on the winds that are injected into the sim. They have also rules which runways to use when winds are calm. Especially in calm situations you want to use the same runway as AI. When I didn't have this option selected, I ended up taking off with landing traffic coming head on with me. Not a fun experience.

Having "use AI runway" enabled has two drawbacks:

1. If you have disabled some runways inside ProATC's airport config, this closure isn't bypassed if AI is using the runway that you have manually closed for takeoff/landing.

2. You will have to wait in line for takeoff, because everyone will use the same runway. The new version allows you to ask for another runway for takeoff so this isn't as big of a problem as it used to be.