Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Is the 300 better performance than the 100?

I have the 100. I'm debating on getting the 300. But I don't get great frames with the 100. Does the 300 perform better?

Ciao!

I believe performance is about the same because they basically have the same Cockpit , but I could be wrong

Cheers,

Greg Z

i own both of them and prefer the 100, the autopilot doesn't seem to work right for me in the 300, but i have not had much time in the 300, they both look great, you know that developer, it's hit and miss.

Well the I'll just keep the 100 and stay with that. I just purchased the 850xp and I love that. By far my favorite.

Ciao!

the 300 is just a large 100 that doesn't work properly, thats just my experience, others may ring in with opinions, i wouldn't have bought the 300 if i could go back.

I have a lot of problems with the 300. If I load it from scratch I get 0.6 fps. If I load it after the default Cessna I get 30 fps, locked at 30. I have had the aircraft about a fortnight now and still cannot get it to load the Navigraph Extension Pack. It states that it may take a few minutes. I left it running overnight and got no further than 75%. I have tried it all ways and it still refuses to load the database. I would stay clear of the 300.

Regards...Ken

I have the 100. I'm debating on getting the 300. But I don't get great frames with the 100. Does the 300 perform better?

I have a lot of problems with the 300. If I load it from scratch I get 0.6 fps. If I load it after the default Cessna I get 30 fps, locked at 30. I have had the aircraft about a fortnight now and still cannot get it to load the Navigraph Extension Pack. It states that it may take a few minutes. I left it running overnight and got no further than 75%. I have tried it all ways and it still refuses to load the database. I would stay clear of the 300.

Regards...Ken

I didn't want to respond because we have a dedicated few who hate the Phenom 300.  AVSIM did a review of this aircraft (one of the best I have seen) - http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-embraer-phenom-300-by-carenado-for-fsx-r3413.  We have many free repaints in the AVSIM Library too.

You did not indicate what which sim you are installing the Phenom (FSX or P3D or both?)(I have it installed in both).  There are some problems with installing the Navigraph Extension Pack into P3D because, when you select the option to install it into P3D, the installation will be sent to C:\Program Files (x86)\Carenado Installer.  You want to be sure the Navigraph Extension is installed as indicated in the following link - http://www.avsim.com/topic/481193-navigraph-expansion-issues-p3d-v3/.  I've never had any issues with FPS.  Outstanding FPS in spot view; 24-35 FPS in the VC. 

Ken - I have a feeling your problems loading the Navigraph Extension are the cause of your low FPS. 

There is an excellent tutorial by FSMania at the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNI7vfmTs8.  I learned a lot from that tutorial. 

There are some reported issues with the G1000 but most use the PROC (Procedure) key (just like FSMania).  It may get an update to 2.0 or that's what Carenado announced some months ago stating they were updating all of their aircraft to v2.0.  Maybe some of the reported issues will be fixed.  Perhaps not.  Meanwhile I enjoy this aircraft a lot.  A great model.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim.

Thanks for pitching in with your thoughts, I appreciate it. Brian, I hope you don't mind or feel that I'm hijacking your thread, it's just that I would love to get the 300 working as it should and you asked for some opinions. Jim, here's where I am with my 300. I've been a simmer for lots of years and my son is a real world Airbus Captain and his son,my grandson, is hoping to enrol in a flight training school after he finishes his 'normal' schooling, so aviation runs in the family. I am a flight instructor with an online VFR club and am now looking to achieve my own P4 Vatsim rating with a North American VA, although I live in Scotland.

I have installed the ISG1 FMS and a controller into the default Baron for the purposes of IFR with SIDS, STARS and Airways. I was advised that the Baron may not be quick enough for some of the IFR flights and because I have the Feelthere P100 without a navdata base of course, I opted for the 300 because of the fact that I could install an Airac cycle. I do have a Navigraph subscription.

I only fly with FSX and FSX-SE and have installed the 300 into FSX. I have an i3 2120 and a GTX660 card with 16G of RAM. I've looked at the FSMania videos prior to my purchase and I was very impressed with the aircraft on screen. However, my problems started when the Extension pack did not fully load, even after an overnight run. The folder for it is there with all of the cycle information as I would expect. I've tried deleting the folder and simply installing the Navigraph cycle via the Database Manager, again all of the data shows to be installed and the txt file shows it is the current airac but the aircraft appears to be stuck. The mouse will not do anything. I have no option but to call up the Task Manager and End FSX.

However, here's the thing. Without the Carenavigraph folder the aircraft will load up and give 29/30 fps only after loading a default flight. If I load it straight away the VC loads up slowly in sections and I only get 0.6 fps. So, on loading it after another aircraft and checking the fps, I then try to set up a flight. However, both the SELECT ARRIVAL and SELECT DEPARTURE options are greyed out. In the FSMania videos they are clearly available. Right, I thought, it needs the database to source the correct Arrival and Departure procedures. However, when I try to re-install the Extension pack, the VC shows up with white panels and grey windows, the 'Loading Database window' sometimes appears but stays black, sometimes it shows at 10% for hours at a time. So I'm back to square one. A flyable aircraft with no database or an aircraft that refuses to load the database. I'm quite prepared to accept the fact that I'm not doing something correctly and am keen to get some hints, tips and advice but I can't think what to try next. I know some aircraft have peculiarities but this has me beat. To be fair to the aircraft, if I load the base aircraft I can enter a Departure airfield and when I scroll through the 'Alphanumeric' options I do see the info for the airfields, this is, I think, on the Procs window. So, it must be getting info from somewhere, although it could just be the default FSX navdata. I would appreciate your thought on this because I do not really fly IFR and this G1000 system may require input in a way that I am not familiar with. Although, again, my a/c nav systems seem to be different from the FSMania startup screens.

I feel that I'm stuck in a loop.

Regards...Ken

p.s. sorry for the long post but that's my thoughts at present.

However, here's the thing. Without the Carenavigraph folder the aircraft will load up and give 29/30 fps only after loading a default flight. If I load it straight away the VC loads up slowly in sections and I only get 0.6 fps. So, on loading it after another aircraft and checking the fps, I then try to set up a flight. However, both the SELECT ARRIVAL and SELECT DEPARTURE options are greyed out. In the FSMania videos they are clearly available. Right, I thought, it needs the database to source the correct Arrival and Departure procedures. However, when I try to re-install the Extension pack, the VC shows up with white panels and grey windows, the 'Loading Database window' sometimes appears but stays black, sometimes it shows at 10% for hours at a time. So I'm back to square one. A flyable aircraft with no database or an aircraft that refuses to load the database. I'm quite prepared to accept the fact that I'm not doing something correctly and am keen to get some hints, tips and advice but I can't think what to try next. I know some aircraft have peculiarities but this has me beat. To be fair to the aircraft, if I load the base aircraft I can enter a Departure airfield and when I scroll through the 'Alphanumeric' options I do see the info for the airfields, this is, I think, on the Procs window. So, it must be getting info from somewhere, although it could just be the default FSX navdata. I would appreciate your thought on this because I do not really fly IFR and this G1000 system may require input in a way that I am not familiar with. Although, again, my a/c nav systems seem to be different from the FSMania startup screens.

The fact you have not FPS issues without loading the carenavigraph.dll definitely indicates a bad install.  There should be no problems installing into FSX though.  In the main CarenadoNavigraph folder you should have the carenavigraph.db (a huge database).  There's another folder for Navigraph but the carenavigraph.db is not located there.  In the Navigraph folder you will have a sub-folder called NavData and a sub-folder under that is a folder entitled PROC.  Now, in your main FSX folder is the carenavigraph.dll.  This is loaded when you first startup FSX via the dll.xml.  There should be an entry in the dll.xml that loads the carenavigraph.dll as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
   <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
   <Disabled>False</Disabled>
   <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

When you installed the aircraft and Navigraph extension, did you have User Access Controls and any anti-virus/anti-malware program disabled or set up so that it would exclude scanning of the FSX folder? 

When you startup FSX, make sure you start up with Administrative rights for ALL users (not just you).  You do this by right clicking FSX.exe, selecting Properties, clicking on the Compatibility tab, and then looking all the way down for Administrative rights.  You will want to click on Advanced and make sure Admin rights are allowed for ALL users.

I have installed the ISG1 FMS and a controller into the default Baron for the purposes of IFR with SIDS, STARS and Airways. I was advised that the Baron may not be quick enough for some of the IFR flights and because I have the Feelthere P100 without a navdata base of course, I opted for the 300 because of the fact that I could install an Airac cycle. I do have a Navigraph subscription.

Not sure what this has to do with the Phenom 300.  You cannot use the FMS for the default Baron in the Phenom 300.  It is not coded to work that way.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim.

I'll reply quickly to you whilst you are online.

Yes, I do have the entry in the dll.xml file.

I have an entry for Everyone with Full Permissions.

The Baron has nothing to do with the 300. I only mentioned it because I was advised to get something faster for the IFR flights, hence the 300.

My UAC is disabled and I'll check my AV to make sure it allows the 300 and the database.

In the interim I tried to load it up again just now and FSX stuck on a black screen after selecting the 300. This after having the default Cessna loaded in.

Cheers...Ken

Hello again Jim.

You mention a bad install. I have made several installations of the aircraft now. I used the uninstaller to take it out each time, so I'm assuming it would be a clean re-install. Do you have any thoughts regarding the installation. I have had my Extension pack download allowance reset by Carenado because they told me I had exceeded my limit. I'll keep downloading until it works...or not as the case may well be.

Ken

Okay, another clean install straight from the Carenado server. I do not know if I am getting the same download all the time because of my dedicated serial number and email. I'm hoping it is a fresh install of a 'new' aircraft. If not, then the same problems will be there. I do have the Navigraph folder plus associated sub folders and the db file as you say in the CarenadoNavigraph folder. However there are two other folders there also. One is called Default FSX and the other is called G1000FSX. Should they be there? you do not mention them in your reply.

I look forward to making this work.

Ken

In the interim I tried to load it up again just now and FSX stuck on a black screen after selecting the 300. This after having the default Cessna loaded in.

You should never do this.  Try loading the Phenom w/o going to the default Cessna.  Some payware aircraft just hates having the default aircraft loaded first.  I have always selected the Phenom at the setup screen, then click on Free Flight.  Other than that, your installation appears sound.  Make sure you have the carenavigraph.dll in the main FSX folder.

You should not have to continually download and reinstall.  I download to a temporary folder called Downloads.  Once the aircraft is installed, I move the file to a backup folder with all of my software.  You may run out of the number of installations if you continually reinstall the aircraft.  The problem with uninstalling an aircraft in FSX is that most uninstalls are not complete and you have the bad stuff still in your folders.  For instance, an uninstall does not remove the entry in the dll.xml.  Many other programs backup the dll.xml to something like 'dll.xml_before_addon manager' or 'dll.xml_ASN_backup'.  Carenado does not do that.  If you uninstall it, you will have to manually remove the entry.  Have you checked to see that the aircraft are removed from the Aircraft folder?  Or the files installed in the main FSX directory are removed?  Did you run FSX after any uninstall?

One is called Default FSX and the other is called G1000FSX. Should they be there? you do not mention them in your reply.

Those files/folders are required too but used by other aircraft from Carenado. 

In the main FSX folder, there are two other files belonging to the Phenom - CMeteoXml.dll and CMeteoXml.dll.intermediate.manifest.  The CmeteoXml.dll is loaded via the dll.xml too (but does not work in P3D so disabled in P3D).  The entry is as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

You also have several Phenom gauges in the Gauges folder -

EFISEMB505

EMB505_G1000

EMB505_G1000N

EMB505_Gauge

EMB505_Gaugen

EMB5050CAR

GaugeEMB505

GaugeEMB505N

NavigraphEMB505

Loading)ScreenEMB505

And in the Main directory of Gauges -

Caremb505_G1000.dll

CarSound_EMB505.dll

CarSound_EMB550Call.dll

Whew!  Think I got them all!

Again, hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

EMB_Cabin_alt_gau

Gauges are sometimes prone to false positives from anti-virus programs.

Submit News to AVSIM

Hello Jim.

Okay, regarding the download, is it the installed aircraft folder in FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes that you copy\paste to your Downloads folder? Incidentally, I also have a Downloads folder where I keep the zips. I have checked out all the gauges you mention and there are all there.

I have progressed on a bit now. I have sussed out a little of how the G1000 unit makes Flight Plans and made a simple one last evening. However, still no Select Arrival and Select Departure available and the FSX still locked up and I lost the mouse pointer in the screen. It took a while to unlock and give me back control. This happened a few times. There is a quick but detailed tutorial on how to make a flight plan in another post. I've printed it off and I'll give it a try later.

I'll keep persevering...Ken

However, still no Select Arrival and Select Departure available and the FSX still locked up and I lost the mouse pointer in the screen.

Use the GCU 477 to make a flight plan (see the G1000 manual).  It works better than the G1000.  Most people click on the Proc (Procedure) button and build their flight plan that way.  It works for me anyway. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM