Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

ChasePlane = EZDOK Killer?

Wow is all I have to say about this product coming in 2017 from the FSFX Packages.   ChasePlane looks like a no hassle replacement for programs like EZDOK.  I just watched their demo and was blown away.  This is going to be a must have tool for anyone who likes having camera views they can setup inside, outside and statically in your scenery.   It has the same force dynamics like EZDOK but with one huge difference... ChasePlane looks to interact with the sim in real time and takes the data being fed and translates it into realistic turbulence and head movements.    The GUI looks slick and for Streamers like me it has a Cinematic mode where it just starts doing cinematic camera work, panning around the craft at random, showing like angles you would see in a JustPlanes video.  :)

If you haven't watched their demo go take a look here.  Skip ahead to time index 20:36 and be amazed at what they have planned.  EPIC.  This will replace EZDOK for me for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T24CNG651U

• Upvote 3

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I agree, it looks amazing!

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wow is all I have to say about this product coming in 2017 from the FSFX Packages.   ChasePlane looks like a no hassle replacement for programs like EZDOK.  I just watched their demo and was blown away.  This is going to be a must have tool for anyone who likes having camera views they can setup inside, outside and statically in your scenery.   It has the same force dynamics like EZDOK but with one huge difference... ChasePlane looks to interact with the sim in real time and takes the data being fed and translates it into realistic turbulence and head movements.    The GUI looks slick and for Streamers like me it has a Cinematic mode where it just starts doing cinematic camera work, panning around the craft at random, showing like angles you would see in a JustPlanes video.  :)

If you haven't watched their demo go take a look here.  Skip ahead to time index 20:36 and be amazed at what they have planned.  EPIC.  This will replace EZDOK for me for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T24CNG651U

Pretty much on the same water vessel as you Kuragiman and xxx amount of other simmers. Even though I am not a streamer the background "screen saver" sounds pretty amazing in itself. 

Plus for any trackir users it'll be trackir ready (from the sounds of it on their site). 

Counting the months until retiring ezdok, but for sure ezdok has done and served its purpose very well over the years. Teadiousenessess (??) were a mine field, but worth it when it got working how you wanted it to :)

• Upvote 1

I have it, and it's a GAME CHANGER.  There is nothing at all like it, and I was impressed in the first 60 seconds beyond what I can describe here.

If you'd like to see a great demo and explaniation by the developer, check out the OVPA Web Conference - there are two recordings, the full Flight Sim Web Conference, and the FSFX Packages except.

By the way, keep a watch for Part 2 of the Web Conference coming soon... same developers. This will be the Developer Round Table, subject is "The Future of Flight Simulation".  Register on the OVPA Website to receive news and updates.

Flight Sim Web Conference Youtube link

Best wishes everyone.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I hope it will be able to assign not only keys but also dx buttons generated by 3+ joystics and in sufficient numbers like EZDOK does (40 views assignable to joystick buttons from 3 joystics in VC alone!!), imagine I use all of them with my CHFighterstick, CHThrottle and CHPeddles via CHManager. It works much better in MSFS/P3D than TrackIR, particularly for procedural sims (PMDG etc). TrackIR is for DCS, F4, Il2)

I have it, and it's a GAME CHANGER.  There is nothing at all like it, and I was impressed in the first 60 seconds beyond what I can describe here.

Whereas I am an happy owner of PrecipitFX and Lear35 Immersion and I fully trust this house, I am still looking for the "game changing" part within this tool. I watched this new presentation and I came to same conclusion as after the first video announcement. Except for a more modern and intuitive user interface, I simply can't see anything that I can do with it that I can't do now with Ezdok.

Anyway, I am open to change my mind.

• Upvote 2

Whereas I am an happy owner of PrecipitFX and Lear35 Immersion and I fully trust this house, I am still looking for the "game changing" part within this tool. I watched this new presentation and I came to same conclusion as after the first video announcement. Except for a more modern and intuitive user interface, I simply can't see anything that I can do with it that I can't do now with Ezdok.

+1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Except for a more modern and intuitive user interface, I simply can't see anything that I can do with it that I can't do now with Ezdok.

The interface and the way it's done is enough to make me change but on the technical side of it I like the fact that ChasePlane uses the sim data from the aircraft to generate the head shakes and turbulence shakes.   EZDOK does not.  It uses random generators to simulate the look... ChasePlane is creating shake and effects because of direct force being applied in the sim.   Also... a static World camera that works would be really nice.  NEVER could get EZDOK to work properly when it comes to world cameras in P3D.    It just looks easier to work with than EZDOK, looks better, seems to operate better.    As long as it's not priced ridiculously it is totally a worthy replacement.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

The interface and the way it's done is enough to make me change but on the technical side of it I like the fact that ChasePlane uses the sim data from the aircraft to generate the head shakes and turbulence shakes.   EZDOK does not.  It uses random generators to simulate the look... ChasePlane is creating shake and effects because of direct force being applied in the sim.   Also... a static World camera that works would be really nice.  NEVER could get EZDOK to work properly when it comes to world cameras in P3D.    It just looks easier to work with than EZDOK, looks better, seems to operate better.    As long as it's not priced ridiculously it is totally a worthy replacement.

Brian,

Ezdok world cameras work fine in FSX Steam. I have not less than 30 world cameras around the globe in the airports I use most. I don't have P3D, but I can't see any logical reason why it should not work there too. There is a tutorial on how to change variables in case you have problems with creating World cameras. But I agree, Ezdok is not the friendliest of addons and requires a lot of immersion before you can properly handle it and take the most out of it. ChasePlane appears to be more intuitive. However, these are only talks and speculations. Only once installed and fully integrated in our systems, we can conclude whether it is a real step forward compared to Ezdok or not.

I concur, if it is not priced ridiculously, I'll maybe give a try.

Ezdok world cameras work fine in FSX Steam

:)   And thus the reason this thread is in the P3D forums and not the FSX forums.  EZDOK does not work properly in P3D and they are far to slow in keeping up with P3D and it's changing environment.   I am glad we have an alternative coming for the P3D platform.   I have used EZDOK since my first day getting into this sim business back in my FSX days.  I salute the old dog and all it has done for me but I want a new poodle to parade around!   :lol:

100454.png

Brian Navy

:)   And thus the reason this thread is in the P3D forums and not the FSX forums.  EZDOK does not work properly in P3D and they are far to slow in keeping up with P3D and it's changing environment.   I am glad we have an alternative coming for the P3D platform.   I have used EZDOK since my first day getting into this sim business back in my FSX days.  I salute the old dog and all it has done for me but I want a new poodle to parade around!   :lol:

Not sure why you say Ezdok doesn't work properly in P3D. Works fine for me and all the folks making P3D videos on Youtube, using EZdok.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Are you saying that as a beta tester or customer?

As far as I know, it hasn't been released yet, or am I mistaking?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Same here.

After some time learning EZDOK it's simply everything I need it it be.

Wanna see reviews of this product and will decide then.

Got all the other stuff from this guys so I'm not hating :)

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Not sure why you say Ezdok doesn't work properly in P3D. Works fine for me and all the folks making P3D videos on Youtube, using EZdok.  

Bob,

can you please confirm that World cameras are also working on P3D? Version 1.187 solved several problems in FSX Steam. However, in case you have problems with World cameras, try this tutorial. It is very simple and straightforward (it is for FSX, but I guess it should apply to P3D as well).

Sorry for invading your side. :-)

Point is, this addon will be released for both sims and both aisles are obviously interested. One thing I think we can all agree on is that we could not survive without a kind of cam manager.

Bob,
can you please confirm that World cameras are also working on P3D? Version 1.187 solved several problems in FSX Steam. However, in case you have problems with World cameras, try this tutorial. It is very simple and straightforward (it is for FSX, but I guess it should apply to P3D as well).

Actually, I never use the world camera. Almost every flight I do, goes from an airport I just landed at to an airport that I most likely have never flown to, so having a camera setup at different airports would be a mind boggling task. I just use external views and internal aircraft views.