Sign in to follow this  
Harvgordon

Any interactive moving map add-on suggestion for P3D?

Find an interesting entry on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-flight_entertainment#Moving-map_systems

It would be really cool to have a moving map add-on. Displaying flight information on the screen. Just like what you see on the PTV in a real aircraft.

This is what I am talking about.

https://50skyshades.com/blogs/web-embassy/panasonic-in-flight-systems

http://www.flightpath3d.com/en/htmlinteractive.html

Airshow.gif

As far as I know there is an add-on named "Feelthere MAP!" functions in a similar way like this,  but it is outdated and incompatible with P3D.

Is there any alternative besides "Feelthere MAP!"? 

By the way, I am looking for an add-on which records detailed flight information, like the information regarding "time of push back", ""actual time of departure", "actual time of arrival", "Estimated time arrival", "Actual time of landing at destination". Just like the information posted on FlightAware or Flightradar24.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

Try FSTramp. www.fstramp.com.

Not cheap, it's a yearly sub, but it is v detailed and interactive I've used it and its predecessor FSNavigator since 2005. Its also an FMC.... for default planes...

Ray

Plan G has an excellent moving map that gives you everything. http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I also recommend Plan-G, freeware and does the job pretty good.

Also I'm curious about version 2 of EFASS, but that hasn't been released yet..

http://froom.de/efass/

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I've used and evaluated a number of moving maps, and for flying airliners on VATSIM there are only a few that meet my needs.

Payware:

It's hard to beat the Aivlasoft EFB, and it's the best I've ever used. One terrific feature is it placing your aircraft and other traffic (AI or VATSIM/IVAO) directly on the:

a. Airport Diagrams that are based on either addon or default scenery you're using - priceless!

b. Departure charts

c. Enroute charts

b. Arrival charts

c. Approach charts

d. and back to Airport Charts.

Contains full SIDs and STARs. The EFB uses either Navigraph or NavDataPro data, thus it provides all the crossing restrictions directly on the charts - another terrific feature!

Initial setup is easy, and setting up a complex flight takes about 60 seconds - not long given the amount of information it will provide for you during a flight.

There is a 30 day free trial period which allows full, unrestricted use of the EFB. There are also several great video tutorials, but in my experience one doesn't need them.

Freeware:

There are two that I really like, Plan-G and one very new one called Little NavMap (don't let the name fool you).  The author of Little NavMap has agreed to add VATSIM/IVAO traffic to the software in a coming update and once this is done it will be my Go To for freeware.

I hope this has been helpful to you!

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I never fly without FSwidgets linking to my iPad for moving sectionals... separate apps for android as well… Here it is a really good deal on a bundle for iPad FSWidgets Bundle for iPad by Fermin Fernandez

https://appsto.re/us/hh204.i

0 performance hit .

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Most of these suggestions seem to be aimed at full fledged apps that are aim towards a multiple of things, the main thing being the flight planning aspect.

I think what the OP wants is just a MOVING MAP, nothing more... Yes, a lot of these full flight planning/atc apps have a moving app built-in, but it's lacking one thing. A real satellite view that shows actual images of the earth and not just drawings or illustrations. The only one I see that has satellite view of a moving map is Pilot2ATC. I understand that certain apps lost this feature due to the fact that mapquest had changed their api or licensing usage. But there's other ways, you can always use a different map provider such as Google.

With that being said, I can recommend

Map HD by RemoteFlight... This is for mobile devices like iPad/iPhone, but it's simple, attractive and works well for what it is. Really wish there was someone that can make a really nice moving map add-on that brings a lot of features and GUI to the modern age. Like what Remote Flight has done with their Map HD. The best looking moving map out of all of them. Too bad they haven't updated it in awhile. But still a great moving map.

https://www.remoteflight.net/remote-flight-map-hd

product_MAPHD.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Most of these suggestions seem to be aimed at full fledged apps that are aim towards a multiple of things, the main thing being the flight planning aspect.

I think what the OP wants is just a MOVING MAP, nothing more... Yes, a lot of these full flight planning/atc apps have a moving app built-in, but it's lacking one thing. A real satellite view that shows actual images of the earth and not just drawings or illustrations. The only one I see that has satellite view of a moving map is Pilot2ATC. I understand that certain apps lost this feature due to the fact that mapquest had changed their api or licensing usage. But there's other ways, you can always use a different map provider such as Google.

With that being said, I can recommend

Map HD by RemoteFlight... This is for mobile devices like iPad/iPhone, but it's simple, attractive and works well for what it is. Really wish there was someone that can make a really nice moving map add-on that brings a lot of features and GUI to the modern age. Like what Remote Flight has done with their Map HD. The best looking moving map out of all of them. Too bad they haven't updated it in awhile. But still a great moving map.

https://www.remoteflight.net/remote-flight-map-hd

product_MAPHD.png

I tried a demo of Pilot 2 atc, and on my system, in areas like Orbx So Cal, the moving map  dragged my FPS down to single digits. I suspect that the map in the GTN 650, plus the map in Pilot2 ATC plus the scenery was too much. I have no problem with the moving map in Plan G. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think what the OP wants is just a MOVING MAP, nothing more...

Er...

I am looking for an add-on which records detailed flight information, like the information regarding "time of push back", ""actual time of departure", "actual time of arrival", "Estimated time arrival", "Actual time of landing at destination". Just like the information posted on FlightAware or Flightradar24.

There is a 30 day free trial period which allows full, unrestricted use of the EFB. There are also several great video tutorials, but in my experience one doesn't need them.

I installed it once, uninstalled (I forgot to uncheck the display unit checkbox), re-installed, fired it up....and the trial period was gone for good.

Farewell AivlaSoft !

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Massimo,

Sorry you were unable to enjoy the product trial, but in my 30+ years in this hobby, I've never seen a product with a fully functional demonstration period that allowed someone to uninstall and reinstall it.  If that was allowed, it would be far too easy for someone to use the product without ever having to purchase it.

I loudly applaud any FS developer who allows a 30 day trial period of a fully functional product before purchase is necessary, it's a terrific thing for our community!

My very best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.