Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Eaglesoft Citation X

Hey guys!

As I dont have a bizjet in my collection, I thought about getting the Eaglesoft Citation X. But I read about problems when running it in WIN8 and she is not the jungest piece of software I think...

Is anyone running it nice and stable in WIN10? And if so, what have I to do to run it?

It is very expensive, so I ask before buying it.

Thanks!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi Rhinozherous!

Run fine for me on Win10 FSX-SE and P3D. Just use the latest installer, log in at Eaglesoft forum and follow advises posted there, that's it.

Cheers

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Thanks Patrick!

Seems you are a lucky one if it runs without CTD... I have done a bit more recherche and now I dont go for it. It seems there are to many bugs who produce CTD. Could be that it works on my sytem, but for 50 bucks it is to much roulette for me.

Thanks

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Works perfectly on my win10 pro system. REX wx advantage radar integrates in the mfd, FADEC works great. I just recently purchased myself, and I can't believe I waited so long. Amazing airplane. A bit graphically dated, but systems depth can't be beat.

Thanks for the success stories on W10.

There are a mixed bag of W10 users. In general, they may not be up to the challenges af running W10 with any vendors product.

A look right here at the Asim W10 forum reveals those challenges.

The success stories outlined here prove that users are enjoying CX2.0 w/W10 and FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D. :wink:

PS: Use the discount coupon on our Main Site.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The success stories outlined here prove that users are enjoying CX2.0 w/W10 and FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D.

No doubt.  We have a bunch of CX's in our fleet, including one parked (temporarily grounded, but airworthy).  Makes for good systems study powering it up and playing with the FMC!  But yes, works great in WIN10 for me, frames are high and VAS usage is super-low!  And loving the REX radar integration.

As an alternative, you could look into Carenado's CJ2, S550 or Hawker 850. There's also a good Learjet 24B from Lionheart Creations that's supposed to be pretty good.

As an alternative, you could look into Carenado's CJ2, S550 or Hawker 850.

All look good, but systems/flight dynamics are nowhere close to the ES CX.

There's also a good Learjet 24B from Lionheart Creations that's supposed to be pretty good.

I can recommend the Flysimware Lear 35, great fun and has systems depth.  Not the best texture-wise, but really not bad either!  I've never tried the LH Lear 24B, but I read good things.

Or just wait for Eaglesoft CX V3. Better graphics etc.

This sounds very interesting! Have you a link? I searched a lot about ES but did not find this.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Could be that it works on my sytem, but for 50 bucks it is to much roulette for me.

It's 40 bucks with the coupon and it's not roulette because ES gives you a 30 day money back guarantee, if you can't get it to work on your OS take the refund. It's well worth the trouble of sorting out any OS issues you might have though IMHO.

The CX v3 is a ways out yet, the XLS+ will be next and the Challenger 605 will follow that IIUC.

Ron should definitely put up some preview shots of the CX v3 for us to drool over though! :smile:

Mmm, CX Extreme 3.0 is a completely new Model/Texture set using latest 3DS Max Modeling/Texture features and techniques.

Ozzy Hatterman is the modeler on this project and Ed Wilson the systems coder.

CX2.0 Honeywell Primus 2000 by Lonny Payne and Ed Wilson is already well known and regarded. More on that another time.

An example of Ozzy Hatterman's skill set can be seen on our FB Page under Challenger 605 has new clothes.

More on CX Extreme 3.0 when we have a stage completion. :wink:

Thanks Jim, Patrick, and Rhys. :hi:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

This sounds like it is worth the waiting time!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Working well for me too on Windows 10. Admittedly I had 1 or 2 teething problems when I first bought it (the dreaded hypergauge.dll error), but I got it ironed out pretty quickly with help from Ed and Ron. I recently downloaded the updated version and it worked like a charm, out of the box. Didn't need to tweak any xml files or anything like that. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Wait Until it Goes on Sale !, Christmas is Coming !! - Johnman B)