Sign in to follow this  
Magiik

ASCA: Prevent updates on approach

Hey guys,

i have a small problem with ASCA and FSX: I use the theme "Global Automatic" to get the best variety into my simulator. It makes my Sim look so much better and I really like it.

But everytime ASCA updates my theme i get some small lag spikes which, when i'm in cruise, are no problem at all. But when i'm on Final and the program decides it would be a good idea to update, this could lead to some small problems. Even though these lags only last for about 20 seconds.

So my idea would be to add an option to the program, like in Active Sky, to prevent updates on approach. 

Please tell me your opinion to this and most important: Tell me if i missed something.

Kind regards,

Magiik

That option already exists in AS16 itself! It prevents a change of weather at a certain point so you don't need to land on another runway suddenly. However, I don't know if this option also prevents changes in ASCA... You might turn the option on in AS16 and see if it helps. It would seem logic if no change in weather also means no change in textures...

That option already exists in AS16 itself! It prevents a change of weather at a certain point so you don't need to land on another runway suddenly. However, I don't know if this option also prevents changes in ASCA... You might turn the option on in AS16 and see if it helps. It would seem logic if no change in weather also means no change in textures...

Yes I do know that this option exists and I had it turned on for some time. It didn't change anything in ASCA. It also decreases the realism which I don't want.

Oooo, my bad, sorry, I totally misinterpreted your 'like in Active Sky'...

by the way, you might want to give the 'full dynamics' mode a try i think that gives more variety than the global automatic.

as i understand it, global automatic picks an appropriate texture set and applies it to all, while the full dynamic can pick and choose between individual textures in the various sets that are available.

i never see updates that take 20 seconds either, that sounds like something else might be amiss there, you might want to submit a log file to hifi.

cheers

-andy crosby

by the way, you might want to give the 'full dynamics' mode a try i think that gives more variety than the global automatic.

as i understand it, global automatic picks an appropriate texture set and applies it to all, while the full dynamic can pick and choose between individual textures in the various sets that are available.

i never see updates that take 20 seconds either, that sounds like something else might be amiss there, you might want to submit a log file to hifi.

cheers

-andy crosby

The 20 seconds thing was just a rough estimate. But i get the messages "Loading ASCA theme" and "ASCA theme load completed" so i'm pretty sure thats whats causing it.

Are you sure that AS16 is causing the pause or is it the airport data and AI loading?  ASCA is a texture addon, it does not influence weather.  AS16 as you mentioned has the option to prevent downloads on approach, it is off by default.  AS16 should not update weather if you are near to your destination (~20 nm), ensure that you have a flightplan loaded into AS16 so it knows your destination and make sure to set weather download in the sim to minimum.  Loading a flightplan in AS16 will also provide the best weather depiction possible.

You can shut in sim messages off in the AS16 options menu.

If you continue having issues please submit a trouble ticket:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

\Robert Hamlich/

Are you sure that AS16 is causing the pause or is it the airport data and AI loading?  ASCA is a texture addon, it does not influence weather.  AS16 as you mentioned has the option to prevent downloads on approach, it is off by default.  AS16 should not update weather if you are near to your destination (~20 nm), ensure that you have a flightplan loaded into AS16 so it knows your destination and make sure to set weather download in the sim to minimum.  Loading a flightplan in AS16 will also provide the best weather depiction possible.

You can shut in sim messages off in the AS16 options menu.

If you continue having issues please submit a trouble ticket:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

AI is off and Airport textures are already loaded in when im 3NM away from the airport. And as I said: ASCA is loading in new textures which is causing some lag spikes. I rarely get lags while being close to an Airport. Low FPS? Maybe sometimes. But no spikes. I know that these lags are getting caused by ASCA because I get the messages as mentioned in the reply above.

And I always load in a flightplan in AS16 so that I get the best weather depiction. 

Thanks for replying!

I see that you also posted over at the HiFi forum.  Please ensure that you have:

• Prevent downloads on approach checked in AS16
  • FSX\Settings\Weather - Rate at which weather changes over time:  No Change.

Please submit a support ticket if the issue is not resolved.

Regards,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/