Sign in to follow this  

Couple ADDON ?s

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Couple product questions.1) How good is the landclass in UT Canada/USA? Are roads, rivers etc in the "right" places? Are most airports associated with towns still just strips out in the middle of nowhere or is there actually a town "springing up" when you land there. I mean small towns like Roberts Montana, Bly Oregon and the like. In UT ads they focus on cities but I'm a small town guy. I'm growing tired of flying to a small town that I know in RL and finding absolutely nothing there.2) Is Active Sky WXre any good? Perhaps if you use it with Flight Environment? How does it relate - if at all - to Active Sky V?Thanks! -Ed-

Hi Ed,Thanks for your interest, but I suggest that you use Active Sky V. Yes, wxRE will work with FS04, but it was really written for FS02. Active Sky works very well with FE.wxRE relates to ASV in that it was our first product and ASV has much more to offer.Edit: UT will not add any Landclass to FS04.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

>1) How good is the landclass in UT Canada/USA? Are roads,>rivers etc in the "right" places? Are most airports associated>with towns still just strips out in the middle of nowhere or>is there actually a town "springing up" when you land there. I>mean small towns like Roberts Montana, Bly Oregon and the>like. In UT ads they focus on cities but I'm a small town guy.>I'm growing tired of flying to a small town that I know in RL>and finding absolutely nothing there.>UT replaces roads, railroads, and (maybe not all) waterways. In urban areas it does some more.It doesn't contain every hammock and township AFAIK.Try using in combination with FSGenesis landclass for optimum effect.>2) Is Active Sky WXre any good? Perhaps if you use it with>Flight Environment? How does it relate - if at all - to Active>Sky V?>WXre is an old product for FS2002. It doesn't make any use of the new weather options available in FS2004.I upgraded from WXre to AS2004 and it made a world of difference.Haven't upgraded to ASV, doesn't sound like that difference would be worth another upgrade charge to me (but maybe to others it will be, and from WXre it would certainly be a massive difference).

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Thanks for the replies! :) I'll pass on the wxRE then and look at activesky.Jerome I take it that still the best landclass available is the FS Genesis product? I guess I'll buy it - at only $15 how can you go wrong. Know of any good landclass for the rest of the world?Thanks! -Ed-

Many of us use both UT and the FSGenesis Landclass. UT has a patch which lets you use UT urban landclass to line up with all the roads included and FSGenesis for the rural areas. They work very well together.Being from small town Iowa, UT is a must have if you want to add most of the small towns and roads. Even the gravel section road I live on is in UT.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

1) I use UT Canada/USA with the FS Genesis mesh and landclass and it is the most realistic non-VFR scenery that you can get for FS.2) The combination of Active Sky V Enhanced with Flight Environment is also great. I wouldn't fly without it anymore.All of them are the best scenery/weather/environment add-ons on the market. You can't go wrong with any (or best: all) of them.Pat

I don't know of comparable landclass products for the rest of the world.There may be something for Europe and maybe some other places on simmarket but as I've not used them I couldn't possibly recommend them to you.