Do I buy P3d V3.4 or wait for V4 ? Please Help

I will wait before jumping over to a 64 bit P3D till :

- AS / REX are compatible

- there are at least 10 European major addon airports released

- there will be a good addon mesh product

- there will be a good AI traffic product

- the load of the main thread will be spread over 2 cores

- Prosim will be compatible

And then I need the money to purchase it ...

Correct!, that's why your last item should be maybe on the top of the list!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I will wait before jumping over to a 64 bit P3D till :

- AS / REX are compatible

- there are at least 10 European major addon airports released

- there will be a good addon mesh product

- there will be a good AI traffic product

- the load of the main thread will be spread over 2 cores

- Prosim will be compatible

And then I need the money to purchase it ...

+1 and this will take at least 1 - 2 years following release of a 64 bit version. Although I have to say that scenery or mesh products will not be the problem (the textures will still appear in a 64bit sim), but rather addons auch as As2016, SODE, Airport Controler, GSX, Multi Crew Experience, Ezdoc, ORBX and other exe- or dll-dependent addons plus all aircrafts.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

If one asks this question they are not an early adapter, but one that is cautious and doesn't want to purchase something that is obsolete as soon as it is purchased.

To the OP I suggest that now is a good time to buy P3Dv3.4.  It is a stable version and there is no indication from LM or scuttlebutt from users that v4 is within months. Regardless, if it came out in 4 or 6 months there is no reason to upgrade, I just had a discussion with someone yesterday that is still using v2.4 and is very happy with it.  The issue of obsolescence is a discussion of events several years out from now.

There's no reason to wait for a v4, you could be waiting a long time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Correct!, that's why your last item should be maybe on the top of the list!.

Cheers, Ed

Sources ?

Never change a running system as the saying goes so I'll stay with FSX for now. Hoping for V4 to be an x64 application and then we shall see...

If that was true we would all still be using DOS. :-)

• Upvote 3

I was pretty good with DOS... but then I cut my teeth on CP/M80 on a Z80 CPU.  Microsoft basically stole it and sold it as DOS to IBM for their new PC.

Dan Downs KCRP

Brings back memories . I built a Z80 based computer and leant to program it in machine code using a hexadecimal led display. I started with mainframes DEC 20 so have a long history of OSes

I ran FSX then FSX:SE for years, compared to P3d, FSX is doggy doo doo.

Well that sums it up perfectly 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

DOS rocked.

spacer.png

Isn't Dos still part of Windows? Just type cmd in the start window and it would give you a DOS window... Don't all your DOS command work? no? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Here is my idea.....Forget Prepar3Dv3 and buy Xplane 11....You will save a heap of money in the long run..

Yep all simulators are not perfect, but I am happy walking away from FSX and Prepar3D. 

For the next decade people will be asking will Prepar3d go 64bit or not, it's like a black hole, you will get

sucked in and never get out.

Remember Stress Less... Buy XPlane 11..

Robert

Here is my idea.....Forget Prepar3Dv3 and buy Xplane 11....You will save a heap of money in the long run..

Oh course you will. XP10 and XP11 when it surfaces will have substantially fewer quality addons than P3d. It's a great way to save money.

• Upvote 2

If you are using Windows then you are using DOS. :smile: 

Bill

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam