Sign in to follow this  
jbinner

Need assistance, at wit's end

I am at the point where I was a few years ago and honestly ready to exit stage right from this hobby. :( Sounds drastic I know, but it seems this never gets better for me. I will try to be patient, if someone would be willing to assist.

First, I am not a newb, nor am I "new" to computers. I do it for a living, manage to keep an 1,100 bed hospital imaging servers running, I would hope I can get around this, again. Now, onto the stuff.

--Running Windows 10 64-Bit Pro.

--NVidia 970 ASUS GTX, just got it for my birthday in July.

--Athlon (don't shoot me) Phenom II at 3.5Ghz

--16GB of RAM, dunno make offhand I forget but can find it need be, yes I know P3D will only see 4GB of it.

--Saitek Yoke, pedals, TPM

--3 Dell 17" Monitors running in surround mode, P3D trying to run across all 3.

--P3D latest version as of Oct 1, and was freshly installed PRIOR to the last Nvidia update.

--Only add-ons I am running is AS, ASCA, PMDG NGX, DEFAULT Scenery

After the latest Nvidia update, I am back to less then 9FPS parked, in ATL, with default scenery. I WAS around 25-30 before the video driver update. Seems every time I remove the video driver, allow it to fresh-install the new one, I am right back to this square one. Last time I even re-installed ALL of P3D fresh.

Someone please assist. I am ready to give remote to come in and look if someone is willing to help. Thanks again.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

After a Driver Update, Your first Step (If not done already) is to..........................

Delete or Rename your Prepar3D.cfg and Delete your Shaders folder. Let both files rebuild again

This may not solve Your Issue But its the first step

Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3 Prepar3D.cfg

Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 Shaders

================

After that........

Did you do a Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of your Graphics Driver ? Did you either......

Tick the box during the Driver Update "Perform a Clean Installation" ?

Or use a Graphics Driver Uninstalling Tool (Cleaner) like DDU Display Driver Uninstaller to Remove all settings and Profiles from your Previous Graphics Driver ?

If your going to Reinstall your Graphics Driver again, Make sure you run the Installer as administrator

=================

Are you sure.......

Prepar3D is Using\Taking from your NVidia 970 Card as apposed to trying to use an On-Board built it Graphics card ?

===============

Have you Tried.......

Only using 1 Monitor to see if you can narrow down the issue ?

Resetting your Nvidia Control Panel back to Default again ?

Resetting Nvidia Inspector back to Default again ? (If your using it)

• Upvote 1

Lemme try to reply, and I am going to uninstall / reinstall video now. Nothing to lose on it anyway.

--I did remove shaders. didn't remove  cfg but I will.

--I DID tick do a clean install of video, but I didn't remove first the old one. That is what I I am doing after I finish this reply.

--no onboard video, and yes I checked in settings in P3D anyway, it's got the 970 picked, only video I have.

be back later after I rip out video driver again.

After a Driver Update,  Your first Step  (If not done already)  is to..........................

Delete or Rename your Prepar3D.cfg and Delete your Shaders folder.  Let both files rebuild again   

This may not solve Your Issue But its the first step 

Location:   Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3  Prepar3D.cfg

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  Shaders

================

After that........

Did you do a Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of your Graphics Driver ?   Did you either......

Tick the box during the Driver Update "Perform a Clean Installation"  ?

Or use a Graphics Driver Uninstalling Tool (Cleaner) like DDU Display Driver Uninstaller  to Remove all settings and Profiles from your Previous Graphics Driver ?

=================

Are you sure.......

Prepar3D is Using\Taking from your NVidia 970 Card as apposed to trying to use an On-Board built it Graphics card ? 

John Binner, MCDST

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

The only time I update a G{U driver, and I have been flight simming since 1989, is if I am having issues with my current driver. Whenever I do update a driver, I always make sure I have a copy of my present driver, so I can roll back if the update turns into a train wreck. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Try this first 

Delete or Rename your Prepar3D.cfg and let it rebuild again before you take any other Action (This is the smallest and quickest action) 

I yanked out driver, shaders and cfg. one of them worked, I am now back in 30's FPS. thanks poppet. I will use this next time, IF I ever do driver again. lol

John Binner, MCDST