Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Question about Traffic Optimizer

I'm almost ready to try it, BUT it's a big no no for me that it doesn't space out landing traffic. Still a lot of go arounds is kind of a big ting. You don't see that in real life where the ATC creates separation among landing planes and also makes room for planes to take off in between, so there won't be a huge line of waiting aircrafts on the ground. Isn't there any way to acheive this in Traffic manger?

Traffic Optimizer doesn't do any Traffic Control at all. It simply removes AI planes according to the limits you set. That's all. You need to look in to dedicated Traffic Control addons if you need better ATC realism.

Or if someone could take AI Smooth from FSX and make it work in P3D.  It was fantastic at traffic control since it was made for that.  You didn't have the mad departure of 9 aircraft when you spawn in at gate. 

Now some programs sort of do this but not well.  I think the AI SIDS STARS  program manages the traffic well enough for me.  Don't see many go arounds since it simply deletes out aircraft if they are in conflict or idle too long.  Also makes AI aircraft follow the correct procedures which helps with congestion. 

Had 5 aircraft in front of me last night at Gatwick.  The program eventually deleted out 3 of the 5. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Had 5 aircraft in front of me last night at Gatwick.  The program eventually deleted out 3 of the 5.

Why not use Traffic Zapper if you have a registered version of FSUIPC? Far better than waiting in a queue. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Why not use Traffic Zapper if you have a registered version of FSUIPC? Far better than waiting in a queue. :wink:

SuperTrafficBoard allows me to remove them as well but enjoyed the traffic that is typical for Gatwick :smile:

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

SuperTrafficBoard allows me to remove them as well but enjoyed the traffic that is typical for Gatwick :smile:

I have STB but never spotted the option. Zapper is easy - assigned to a button for instant removal. Reality is nice but sometimes you don't have the time to wait.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have STB but never spotted the option.

In STB if you right click on the aircraft in the board there is a delete option. 

• Upvote 1

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

In STB if you right click on the aircraft in the board there is a delete option. 

Thanks but if there is an aircraft right in front of you that needs removing the zap option is probably quicker.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather