Sign in to follow this  
Navigator43

Aerosoft Dublin

Hey guys has anyone got Dublin working in 3.4? Any ideas how it can be done?

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Yep. Just install it, and point the installer at your P3D V3 folder. Don't forget to manually enable the scenery within P3D, and move it to the top of the list.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I have removed the default taxiway centreline and edge lights in the AFD file. I don't mind default runway lights as a temporary solution, but default taxiway lights at a detailed airport addon look rubbish.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I got it to work thanks guys

Although I will check out that light situation Donor?

I did not obeserve any lights-issues. In fact Dublin Mega Airport is compatible with p3D, so nothing special to take care of. No issues with P3D 3.4 here.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

The P3D version of Aerosoft Dublin uses default runway and taxiway lighting (not custom lighting like the FSX version).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What's up with the forum topic guys are we allowed to ask questions like this or is it not allowed in this group. I just noticed that lol

I don't see anything wrong with your question. Aerosoft Dublin is sold as P3D compatible.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't see anything wrong with your question. Aerosoft Dublin is sold as P3D compatible.

Yes, but it's not compatible with version 3. Yes it works fine for most people, but Aerosoft will only support it for versions 1 and 2.

Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with the thread. It's a perfectly valid question to ask.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

What's up with the forum topic guys are we allowed to ask questions like this or is it not allowed in this group. I just noticed that lol

Did you Originally start the Thread in Tips and Tricks ?  This specific Forum is only for Offering Guides and Tips and so on,  Not for asking Questions   

-No support for P3D v3 - it works fine in P3D v3.3.5 on my PC
-Horrible FPS, even with the settings turned all the way down - framerates are good on my PC at maximum scenery complexity, 1024 resolution textures, and with lots of detailed AI planes
-Bad on VAS - my experience indicates that this is a problem with ORBx FTX Republic of Ireland rather than the airport itself. I now use PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 9 Ireland East
-Doesn't blend with FTX Ireland and causes even more performance issues - I didn't notice this problem when I used it with FTX Republic of Ireland
-Developer refuses to make any adjustments and or fixes - no comment
-Constant shimmering of ground textures on apron and runways - this does not happen on my PC

This is the problem with reviews of airport addons. Almost all of the bad points indicated in one of the Sim Market reviews are not bad points at all on my PC, which is a nightmare for potential customers trying to work out if they should buy the product.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Cool I'll ask in tips and tricks next time cheers guys!

Cool I'll ask in tips and tricks next time cheers guys!

Noooooo, that would be the wrong place to ask lol. Don't worry, this thread is perfectly fine AND it's in the correct location. Elaine was just asking if that was where you originally posted this thread, thinking maybe a moderator moved it to here.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough