Sign in to follow this  
Jim Robinson

Can you access SimBrief?

Been a few days since I've been able to access the site, the loading status thing says "connected to simbrief.com" but nothing ever loads. downforeveryoneorjustme.com reports "it's just you" but I think it just looks for a reply from the server and never really checks to see if content loads correctly. In IE it eventually times out and the generic failure page tells me I should turn on SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 which are already turned on and have been for a long time. I've tried both IE 11 and Mozilla which was updated to the latest version yesterday. On the simbrief facebook page there's a fresh announcement stating the site has been updated and now supports TLS/SSL Encryption which I think might be causing my problems. I have satellite internet with this thing they call web acceleration which apparently uses multiple IP addresses when it queries the net to minimize satellite lag so maybe the problem is with that but I've tried i with the setting on and off in the modem settings with no luck either way. I'm not having problems accessing any other site I normally visit.

Here's the old link:

http://www.simbrief.com

...and now supposedly you need to use the https prefix so theoretically the new URL is:

https://www.simbrief.com

Do either of those links work for you? Does the main page load?

I haven't seen any issues reported in any of the FS communities so I'm thinking the problem is specific to me but I'd like to know before I open a ticket with my ISP.

Life's rough without simbrief! :smile:

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim -- just tried it and it works for me (and, supposedly, 80 others it says are currently also online).

Sounds like it might be something to do with the new SSL encryption and your ISP.

Good luck sorting it out!

i tried a moment ago, i was able to load and login without issue

cheers and good luck

-andy crosby

Working for me too, time to bug your ISP is my guess.

Barry Friedman

Works fine - just tested it.

DJ

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it. I'll check with the ISP.

Jim