Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

GTN 650-750 update

Has anyone seen this on the Flight 1 Facebook page this afternoon, and if so, figured out how to do it?  

Flight One Software
1 hr · 
Flight1 Releases Major GTN Series Update V1.15
Flight One Software is proud to announce it has reached a milestone in its update cycle for its flagship product, the GTN 750/650 Series. The award-winning avionics package now fully supports PC Trainer V6 plus some other exciting features. This major update allows users to navigate using a more recent navigation database from July 2016 (Cycle 1607). It also includes updates to SafeTaxi, airport charts, and basemap databases. Users can now create custom defined holds (unpublished) and have the ability of Search and Rescue pattern support.
The update also includes the following new features: custom flight plan and custom waypoint loading, A document is also included on how to create them. Users can now add flight plans and/or import custom waypoints, making your flight simulator experience much more complete.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Has anyone seen this on the Flight 1 Facebook page this afternoon, and if so, figured out how to do it?  

Flight One Software
1 hr · 
Flight1 Releases Major GTN Series Update V1.15
Flight One Software is proud to announce it has reached a milestone in its update cycle for its flagship product, the GTN 750/650 Series. The award-winning avionics package now fully supports PC Trainer V6 plus some other exciting features. This major update allows users to navigate using a more recent navigation database from July 2016 (Cycle 1607). It also includes updates to SafeTaxi, airport charts, and basemap databases. Users can now create custom defined holds (unpublished) and have the ability of Search and Rescue pattern support.
The update also includes the following new features: custom flight plan and custom waypoint loading, A document is also included on how to create them. Users can now add flight plans and/or import custom waypoints, making your flight simulator experience much more complete.

Downloading 1.15 now. Thanks for the heads up, Bob.

The PC Trainer V6 is freely available since months from Garmin. I downloaded it in July and played a little with it. Problem was so far the Flight1 GTN did not support it.

Just download 1.15 and the free new trainer. Not sure I get the nature of your question.

Sweet - now I can use one trainer for RXP XP and F1 P3D

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the Tip.

Regards

Downloading 1.15 now. Thanks for the heads up, Bob.

The PC Trainer V6 is freely available since months from Garmin. I downloaded it in July and played a little with it. Problem was so far the Flight1 GTN did not support it.

Just download 1.15 and the free new trainer. Not sure I get the nature of your question.

So do I download the new Trainer and install it, and also have to uninstall the GTN 650 and redownload and install it?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

So do I download the new Trainer and install it.

Yes.

and also have to uninstall the GTN 650 and redownload and install it?

No, just install 1.15 on the top of 1.14.

Yes.

No, just install 1.15 on the top of 1.14.

Thanks, just didn't want to break anything...

Thanks, just didn't want to break anything...

You will not. For the worst scenario: keep a copy of GTN 1.14 and reinstall it. Just in case.

All your configurations in the panels will not be affected. This has nothing to do with the update, only the core module is being replaced.

Saved flightplans??  :blush:

I think I'll hold off until my Avsim flight on Saturday is complete - just to make sure..

Bert

Well everything works, the only caution is that I had about 55 flight plans in memory and they are all gone, but that is OK. Everything else works fine.  

I think they always get erased with new gauge update?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think they always get erased with new gauge update?

Well, at first blush, I think that's a pretty rotten situation...I am sick and tired of having to REDO my entire flight plan catalog!!!

They needed to have an import and export function; Especially since Flight1 wrote less than 10%, if that, of the code (compare the amount code taken by the The Garmin GTN Trainer lite .exe (which is free from Garmin), and flight one's own code)

They simply provided hooks into Garmin's GTN light application and database.

Would I fly without it? Absolutely not! But...it's tantamount to F1 doing a deal with the folks that wrote the incredible FREE GMax CAD program included in the original FS9/FSX, writing a direct export for FSX and P3d, and Re-labeling it as :

THE FLIGHT1 GMax 3D cad program for FSX AND Prepar3d!!!!

... for creating aircraft, scenery, and objects...

Git yers NOW!

... and charging 70 bucks for Prepar3d version...would I buy it?

Absolutely! Being the fool that I am....

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Well, at first blush, I think that's a pretty rotten situation...I am sick and tired of having to REDO my entire flight plan catalog!!!

They needed to have an import and export function; Especially since Flight1 wrote less than 10%, if that, of the code (compare the amount code taken by the The Garmin GTN Trainer lite .exe (which is free from Garmin), and flight one's own code)

This is what GTN 1.15 is mostly about (not all, but certainly the most interesting feature in my view): manually creating, editing and importing flight plans, included adding custom waypoints.

All you need to do is familiarize with the syntax. Take the time to read the Creating Flight Plan and User Waypoint Files for the Flight1 GTN.pdf which comes with the new update.

I don't think there is an export feature, anyway.

So does the F1 GTN updater tool handle this update?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

So does the F1 GTN updater tool handle this update?

gb.

No, just tried :P

Was this new as well....?

"Coupon for Previous FSX Version Customers: If you already have the FSX version and are upgrading to P3D, you can use one of these coupons to upgrade for $19.95. Have your previous FSX order number handy during purchase. "

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png