Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

GTN 650-750 update

Just an FYI. I discovered today on a few flights, that when I tried to put a few airports into a flight plan, my GTN didn't seem to have the airports in it's data base and wanted me to create waypoints. After trying a couple of times, I decided to go to the GTN Trainer, and input the same airports, and they came right up. The two airports were CYTZ and N38. I found out that there are two databases in the GTN, one is North America, and the other is Jeppesen Worldwide. What the update did was change all the database defaults for my aircraft  to worldwide . The GTN Free Trainer was still on North America, and that is why I could look up the airports there. but not in my aircraft using the GTN 650. To change it, I went into the F! GTN config program, and select the aircraft, the GTN unit you want to change, and scroll all the way to the bottom and and find AVDB and you can change it from World wide to North America. Now I have my airports working again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Nice, I was hoping they finally included crossfill support, bummer. But good on the rest.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Could someone confirm what is the name of the software we now need from Garmin?

It used to be GTNPCTrainerLite but now the Flight1 link is pointing to GTN/GDU 620 PC Trainer.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

That is correct, that is the new version 6..also if you download again the gtn you get the red AC .exe , run it and you will get GTN ver 1.16..

I've done it and all works OK> Uninstall the trainer and the GTN and start a fresh. YOU WILL NEED YOUR ACCOUNT LOGIN AND PW!!!

Jorge

That is correct, that is the new version 6..also if you download again the gtn you get the red AC .exe , run it and you will get GTN ver 1.16..

I've done it and all works OK> Uninstall the trainer and the GTN and start a fresh. YOU WILL NEED YOUR ACCOUNT LOGIN AND PW!!!

Jorge

Ok, many thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Nice, I was hoping they finally included crossfill support, bummer. But good on the rest.

That cross fill support will probably not be a free update.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

In order to update this I have to completely uninstall the trainer and the f1 gtn? Why can't they simplify the upgrade process.

So this means I have to do this twice, since I own both units the 750 and 650?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Okay I just reinstalled the new GTN 750/650 1.16 and Garmin Trainer to the latest version, now when I load up the plane, the GTN units are non-functional, they are completely black.

Okay I just reinstalled the new GTN 750/650 1.16 and Garmin Trainer to the latest version, now when I load up the plane, the GTN units are non-functional, they are completely black.

Try disabling legacy mode. It was enabled by default in my install. It only ever worked for me in legacy mode in 1.14 but now it doesn't in 1.15. It works great for me with legacy=0 now!

Try disabling legacy mode. It was enabled by default in my install. It only ever worked for me in legacy mode in 1.14 but now it doesn't in 1.15. It works great for me with legacy=0 now!

Which file is it?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Just an FYI. I discovered today on a few flights, that when I tried to put a few airports into a flight plan, my GTN didn't seem to have the airports in it's data base and wanted me to create waypoints. After trying a couple of times, I decided to go to the GTN Trainer, and input the same airports, and they came right up. The two airports were CYTZ and N38. I found out that there are two databases in the GTN, one is North America, and the other is Jeppesen Worldwide. What the update did was change all the database defaults for my aircraft to worldwide . The GTN Free Trainer was still on North America, and that is why I could look up the airports there. but not in my aircraft using the GTN 650.

This is clearly stated on the Simforums support page for the GTN update to V1.15. Unfortunately, as mentioned here, if you update the trainer to Version 6.01, you will loose all airports outside North America with runway length less than 4000 ft! As this is not acceptable for me I returned back to GTN trainer version 5.13.

Felix

This is something that they really should have posted on the website. Not everyone is US centric in their thinking and the v6 trainer is of zero use to me as a general aviation pilot in the UK because half the airfields in the country are now no longer included. Thanks Garmin and Flight1....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

This is clearly stated on the Simforums support page for the GTN update to V1.15. Unfortunately, as mentioned here, if you update the trainer to Version 6.01, you will loose all airports outside North America with runway length less than 4000 ft! As this is not acceptable for me I returned back to GTN trainer version 5.13.

This is something that they really should have posted on the website. Not everyone is US centric in their thinking and the v6 trainer is of zero use to me as a general aviation pilot in the UK because half the airfields in the country are now no longer included. Thanks Garmin and Flight1....

Guys, for your information, this has very little to do with a decision made by Flight1 to "privilege" US simmers or to "punish" those who use runways shorter than 4000 ft and much with Garmin's decision to split their own database. That simple.

Unfortunately, as mentioned here, if you update the trainer to Version 6.01, you will loose all airports outside North America with runway length less than 4000 ft!

That's not good. Does anyone know if the RXP GTN has the same limitations? I'd guess so because they use the same trainer unless RXP bought access to the full Garmin databases.

PS: The import function does not work for me, neither for waypoints nor for flight plans. Anybody else with this issue? 

Hans