Sign in to follow this  
drtraub

MCE doesn't work after last big Win10 Update

Hello, MCE-Fans,

MCE was working great for about ten months without problems and it is a very nice program. Three days before win 10 had a big update. Since this day MCE doesn't work anymore. I have re-installed three times, all new voices are installed. I can start MCE, then it appears the screen ... co-pilot is boarding .., then a voice says: ..."in Dialog Mode" and the MCE-screen disappears. I must go to the taskbar and click on the sign of MCE, then the user-interface appears. The headline: "Recognition, in Dialog Mode". MCE is not able to recognize the airplane. If I click on "Checklist", it crashes. I have tried "restore factory settings" as described in the manual, but it doesn't work

Perhaps there is a solution... I am thankful for every idea.

Kindly regards

Werner

Hello, MCE-Fans,

MCE was working great for about ten months without problems and it is a very nice program. Three days before win 10 had a big update. Since this day MCE doesn't work anymore. I have re-installed three times, all new voices are installed. I can start MCE, then it appears the screen ... co-pilot is boarding .., then a voice says: ..."in Dialog Mode" and the MCE-screen disappears. I must go to the taskbar and click on the sign of MCE, then the user-interface appears. The headline: "Recognition, in Dialog Mode". MCE is not able to recognize the airplane. If I click on "Checklist", it crashes. I have tried "restore factory settings" as described in the manual, but it doesn't work

Perhaps there is a solution... I am thankful for every idea.

Kindly regards

Werner

I doubt a Windows update would have such an impact, unless the upgrade itself didn't go smoothly.

In Dialog mode, all commands for interacting with FO are suspended, therefore it's normal you can't interact with FO.

Suggest the following...

Assuming MCE is installed to default C;\Program Files (x86)\ folder make sure "fsx.exe" and/or "Prepar3D.exe" are set to run as admin.

Start the simulator, select aircraft and other bits, load the flight and wait until aircraft is ready to fly.

Start MCE.

Does it detect the aircraft as expected or does it get stuck in DIALOG MODE?

Hello, FS++,

thank you for your answer. I am just testing something and will report in a few hours.

Regards

Werner

Hello, FS++

probably you have healed MCE on my PC in a mysterious way... :smile: :smile: . I did what you said and MCE was first functioning well. But the next flight it didn't reognize the airplane (PMDG B737-600) again and I had to click on "force flightmode", then it worked good. I can live with it, but i am wondering why the recognizing of the airplane is now difficult and a few days ago it wasn't.

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Werner

Hello, FS++

probably you have healed MCE on my PC in a mysterious way... :smile: :smile: . I did what you said and MCE was first functioning well. But the next flight it didn't reognize the airplane (PMDG B737-600) again and I had to click on "force flightmode", then it worked good. I can live with it, but i am wondering why the recognizing of the airplane is now difficult and a few days ago it wasn't.

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Werner

With PMDG aircraft like 737 NGX or T7, do not start MCE until the aircraft has fully initialized, green bar count-down to zero.

If MCE is always stuck in "DIALOG mode" it could be because you're running some add-on that creates some kind of window which makes MCE think a dialog Window is displayed.

Are you using FsInn or some Vatsim like network?

Hello, FS++,

many thanks for making an effort about the problem. (I hope, this phrase from LEO is correct, I am not a native speaker :smile: )

I do really nothing till the green bar count-down is to zero, I don't start MCE before. Yes, I am using FSInn and other network-Add-Ons as vpilot.

Addendum: I can wait as long as I want (without any other programs, no FSInn etc.) - I must "force flightmode" and then it is possible, that FSX is freezing till I have stopped MCE-process. FSX is working well then and I can restart MCE, force flightmode and no problem. I think, something is wrong, but not with MCE, I fear that FSX or windows or both - on and off - have a damage since last update. Or do you think something else?

Yes, I am using FSInn and other network-Add-Ons as vpilot.

These are known and there is a simple workaround.

Go to FSX installation folder and open "fsInsider.ini" using Notepad.

Change "MonitorVatsimPanels=0" to "MonitorVatsimPanels=1"

After that fsInsider will keep track of whatever FsInn windows are created and will ignore them. I mean MCE should transition between FLIGHT MODE and DIALOG MODE smoothly, without manually forcing it to FLIGHT MODE

Restart FSX after making any change to fsInsider.ini

Hello, FS++,

I don't believe it! That was the problem! Now everything ist ok again. I never thougt that FSInn would generate such a mistake. Thank you very much for your help!

Kindly regards

Werner