Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

I tested this newest build .same issues as with vs 20113. tod calculation errors and after a while program stops responding.

In my case the communication loop, ground/tower, is fixed but I am now getting an "you are off course, turn left to 145 to return to course" message when in fact I am spot on , on course.

This happened on two different flights, with different flight plans. Same 145 course correction asked for.

MindYerBeak, what sort of TOD errors?  When did they occur?  When did the program stop responding?

John, what were the flight plans you were flying and what were the settings on the FltPln tab of config regarding what ATC Assigns, etc? 

Did the off course calls start after the expected arrival and approach were given?  If not, when did they start?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I have been testing using very simple plans from EGNT to EGPH, Newcastle to Edinburgh, using the RealAir Beech aircraft.

One plan was via the TLA waypoint and the other was direct, both at 10,000ft and 220kts. I loaded the suggested approaches in both cases but did not use SIDs.

The spurious "off course" message in both cases started about 10-15miles after take off while I was following the calculated course direction very closely. They happened long before expected arrival or approach info would have been given.

The FLt PLn tab has the top four on the left ticked, and that is all. 

hope that helps.

John

Thanks John.

That helps a lot.  I'll fly it to see what happens.

Were you given a SID as part of the clearance and did you add it to the FMS/GPS before takeoff?  That could be the problem.

Dave

I flew the EGNT-TLA-EGPH flight.  I did find an issue with the TOD calculation on that route when I put in the SID.  That could have caused some of the problems you had because the TOD was placed way too early.

Thanks for the report.  I've fixed that issue for the 2.0.1.17 release.

Dave

MindYerBeak, what sort of TOD errors? When did they occur? When did the program stop responding?

If I create a flightplan,any, the second I hit validate, I got a Tod error. Not sure what it was.something like a tod point could not be created.The software would stop responding anytime. There must be some issue with aiport EDOn as well. As of version 20113  the software has been pretty useless for me.

Thanks John.

That helps a lot.  I'll fly it to see what happens.

Were you given a SID as part of the clearance and did you add it to the FMS/GPS before takeoff?  That could be the problem.

Dave

No, I did not use a SID in either flight, I just took off and turned to the required heading. A few minutes later I was given the off course message.

I just completed my first flight with the latest version. My flight was from EGCC-EGLL,FL190. I was assigned a SID. A was assigned a STAR before I reached TOD. I was advised to fly the altitude profile for the STAR. Towards the end of the STAR I was given vectors to final. Everything was perfect except for a couple of minor glitches. I was not able to hear the ATIS. As I approached the runway there was one aircraft ahead of me. As he started his takeoff roll I was instructed to line up and wait, which I did. I waited for a few minutes with no word from the tower. A couple of aircraft landed on the parallel runway. Finally I contacted the tower and told them I was ready for takeoff. I was advised that I was number two for takeoff. I waited about another minute and contacted the tower again and was then given clearance to take off. Neither of these issues were a big deal and it was an enjoyable flight otherwise.

NAX669.png

MindYerBeak, the error you refer to is thrown when the flight plan is too short to calculate a TOD with the given Cruise Altitude, Groundspeed and Descent rate.  If you just reduce the Cruise Alt or Groundspeed or increase the Descent rate enough, the TOD can be calculated.

Also, since adding the Copilot features, there have been significant ATC voice interaction stoppages that can freeze the program, especially if you aren't using the Copilot.  I'm working on those right now. 

Thanks,

Dave

John,

Be sure to uncheck the ATC Assigns SID option if you want to fly without a SID. 

With that option checked, ATC assigns the SID and amends its version of the flight plan. If you don't amend the flight plan you fly so it will follow the SID, you will get the off course calls.

Thanks,

Dave

John,

Be sure to uncheck the ATC Assigns SID option if you want to fly without a SID. 

With that option checked, ATC assigns the SID and amends its version of the flight plan. If you don't amend the flight plan you fly so it will follow the SID, you will get the off course calls.

Thanks,

Dave

That makes perfect sense Dave, thanks for pointing it out!

One other point if I may, since you mentioned the co-pilot feature: I would like the radios tuned by the co-pilot, but would prefer him not to repeat the instructions.

The last time I tried to un-check the "responds to radio" box, it also stopped him or her tuning the radios even though the "changes frequencies" box was still ticked.

Is this correct? 

Thanks for sorting out my other problems.

John

Hi John.

Yes, at present, if the co-pilot is going to tune the radios, the co-pilot must also be the one responding to the calls.  This has to do with the way the changes are coordinated.

I will need to fix the checkbox issue and perhaps in a future version I will figure a way to have the copilot tune the radios without responding.

Thanks,

Dave

indYerBeak, the error you refer to is thrown when the flight plan is too short to calculate a TOD with the given Cruise Altitude, Groundspeed and Descent rate. If you just reduce the Cruise Alt or Groundspeed or increase the Descent rate enough, the TOD can be calculated.

Actually I would get a TOD error no matter what I did.no matter what i reduced or increased.

If you have a SID in the flight plan and few or not other waypoints, the error I found and corrected regarding SIDs coming in the next update should fix it.