Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Hmmm.  Strange. 

Can you please send one of the flight plans that's causing the problem and a screenshot of your FltPln config tab so I can try and recreate the problem and verify it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

an you please send one of the flight plans that's causing the problem and a screenshot of your FltPln config tab so I can try and recreate the problem and verify it will be fixed in the next update.

Software stops responding  .Things start getting weird when the copilot does not work the radios no more. after awhile it stops responding.

http://postimg.org/image/axg41vwp9/

http://postimg.org/image/b04l2gpql/

MindYerBeak,

your screenshot from the options shows that you checked the "AutoLoadRecommendedProcedures". But your second screenshot from your flightplan shows, that all waypoints marked as "via direct", so all of these points are inserted manually; not automatically by P2A. In this case you would find in the collumn of all Approach waypoints "via ILS-RW06-I06" instead of "via direct".

Your manually "planned" Approach is wrong. It doesn't match the published charts of ELLX. DIK VOR is the right Initial Approach Fix (IAF) arriving from north followed by only 3 waypoints DIK18/WLU/ILE57. After passing D18 intercept the localizer beam short before WLU and at 5.7 NM prior to the treshold (ILE57) intercept the glidepath.

In this approach are no waypoints like 10ILE or ILE10 as you show in your second screenshot. These waypoints (10ILE/ILE10) are from Approach to RWY06 via MOSET IAF - not via DIK. You mixed that. And by the way please have a look on your routing on the moving map ... how should this criss-cross ever been flown? And how should P2A give vectors or an approach when your last manually added waypoints are too close to the field?

And also why you show only a part of the screenshot? The important part of planned (STAR) APPR are also missed as the below 10ILE following waypoints ...

The stopped responding is a known bug related to the relatively new added Co-Pilot features; Dave is working on to fix it. To avoid these problems uncheck temporarily these options.

Helge 

VR1,

I did not insert anything manually. I planned the flight using proatcx (the autorouter within proatcx)exported the flightplan and imported it with p2a (imp). The original proatcx plan is this

EDDL DCT MODRU DCT LNO ELLX

Everything has been added by p2a automatically. I sure added nothing to the plan.

Edit: I should add that the navadata I'm using for p2a is the one the original that comes with its software and is not updated. (I use navigraph)

Thanks for the route and screenshots.

I entered the route EDDL-MODRU-LNO-ELLX and then added the STAR and ILS for RW06 at ELLX.  It gave me the LNO3K arrival and the ILS to RW06 with the DIK transition.

Pilot2ATC relies on knowing that a set of waypoints is part of a STAR or Approach, so creating the flight plan in Pilot2ATC beyond just the basic route is necessary to get a good experience with an IFR flight. 

I then flew it with the next update that is in test/dev and had no problems.

So it seems the update will fix the problems you are experiencing with the software.

Thanks,

Dave

MindYearBeak,

sorry, but apart from Dave's announced update, also with 2.0.1.16 I can't reproduce such error. No matter if I manually added the Approach or if I set the options equal to yours ... all automatically assigned waypoints are marked with the Approach identifier instead of "via direct" and furthermore no way to get not assiciated waypoints from the wrong transition or Approach into the ILS RWY 06.

Maybe the exported flightplan from ProATC/X saved not only the main enroute waypoints and also the Approach?

Please check it yourself and add your 4 waypoints (EDDL-MODRU-LNO-ELLX) manually without importing a flightplan and see what's happend.

By the way, last revision to Navigraph charts ELLX was Batch 1637 at 16/02/25 ... that's included in P2A without further Navigraph subscription updates.

Helge

without further Navigraph subscription updates

I mean NavDataPro update ...

I hope to get the update out this week.  It will have major changes in Arrival and Approach logic, so it will take some time.

Regards,

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave,

I find the final ATC instruction to turn to a heading to pick up the ILS is always verging on the "too late" side of things and I would prefer if the instruction could be given a little earlier, if possible.

I sometimes wonder if the comms have broken down, or I have missed it!

Not a big issue in the scheme of things, I am sure you have more important debugs to deal with.

I look forward to the next update, you are doing a great job.

John

John,

What is your Vector Extended Final Distance set to on the FltPln tab of config?  The default is 2, but you need it to be 4 or so for airliners due to their slower turn rates and faster speeds.

Regards,

Dave