Sign in to follow this  
Guest lsdrat

What the **** is this?

Guest lsdrat

When I start fs I get this: " ERROR Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator sill now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard drive. Run disk cleanup to free up disk space, and then try running flight simulator again." So I click ok then I get this: "FS9 caused an invalid page fault inmodule ACONTAIN.DLL at 0167:2065bfd4.Registers:EAX=00581c98 CS=0167 EIP=2065bfd4 EFLGS=00010246EBX=006bf630 SS=016f ESP=006be540 EBP=00000045ECX=00000362 DS=016f ESI=006be654 FS=18cfEDX=0044be71 ES=016f EDI=00580f10 GS=0000Bytes at CS:EIP:f3 a5 8b 94 24 a4 0e 00 00 8b 84 24 a0 0e 00 00 Stack dump:006bf3fc 00000000 00000001 00000000 67696c46 4f207468 4120656e 42412049 04760033 0008b598 00000000 0111000c 01110000 04763a5c 00000040 00000000 "I've cleaned up my drives, defragged, and rebooted. Still get the same thing. I have 1.5 gigs of ram and over 100 gigs of empty hard drive.It was working fine yesterday and I have'nt added or changed anything.tia, Matt

try moving your fs9.cfg file to your desktop and see what happens when it rebuilds it. If that doesn't solve your problem there is probably soemthing corrupted with your virtual memory. I don't remember exactly what to do but I think at the microsoft flightsim site they have steps to delete and recreate the virtual memory file

Guest lsdrat

Tried both, same error... any other ideas?thanks

Guest lsdrat

Thanks for the input Jim. I also googled it. But it didnt help. I'm startin to think its about time to load up the 12ga >;O and fix it once and for all.

If you've installed any add on scenery lately (especially AI related), remove the bgl's and the entry from the scenery.cfg. This error will sometimes happen when there's a bad bgl that MSFS is trying to load during the index build process. If you do a search of all .dat files in your MSFS directory structure and sort them by date order, usually the one with the most recent time/datestamp will be in the same folder that the bad bgl is in. Hope that helps... Regards,John

Guest lsdrat

I just remembered that I did install a PAI ai pack last nite. I've deleted the bgl created from that installation, also deleted scenery .dat and .cfg files. FS rebuilds the files but still has same error.Arrhg

Guest Airtime

>I just remembered that I did install a PAI ai pack last nite.>I've deleted the bgl created from that installation, also>deleted scenery .dat and .cfg files. FS rebuilds the files>but still has same error.>ArrhgI had a similar problem last week after installing a PAI GA package. I do regular backups with Norton Ghost so I just ran an image. I won't be messing with PAI again. Not slamming PAI by the way, I know many folks love it, but that is the only thing I ran before the trouble started.Happy landingsAT

i used to get this problem all the time, my problem was related to land class files residing in folder cotaining a texture folder, i had moved all land class files i was aware of to folder without texture folders. I got hold of Flightsim Manager and ran the diagnostic tols and it found quite a few land class files, i then moved them to seprate folders, added them to the scenery.cfg and all was fine.

Guest lsdrat

Well, no joy with all the sugestions. :( All are greatly apriciated though. I'm in the process of re-installing again. maybe this time it will work longer than a few weeks. Thanks again for all the suggestions.MB

Guest hectorpty

Hi. How's it goin? Try this and see if it works for you. I recently had to reinstall all of my programs due to a worm attack. Before that, FS9 running on XP was working very good. After that, I was very surprised of the same message you got. I couldnt figure it out. The only solution that has worked for me is the following...Go to the My Computer Icon, then right click, look for MANAGE, left click that, then look for the EVENT VIEWER under System Tools wich is under Computer Management. When you have located the Event Viewer, look for the subpages of subfolders named APLICATION, SECURITY and SYSTEM. What you need to do to these three folders are the same procedure that i will explain. Right click each subpage and look for properties....under properties look in the LOG SIZE section and select overwrite events as needed. This worked for me. All systems are different and this probably wont for you, but it is worth a try. If you have any doubts or questions regarding this, please PM or just add a reply here. Cheers.