Got X-plane 10 license key when the same day they announced it will be valid for X-plane 11 as well, and I was now wondering if I may keep my copy of X-plane 10 while having X-plane 11 installed as well?

Cheers,
Drago

I don't see why not. I purchased it yesterday and installed X-Plane 10 and I have no doubt it will continue to work when 11 comes out (In fact, I really hope it does). The nice thing about X-Plane is that it installs into a completely self-contained directory

• Upvote 1

I don't see why not. I purchased it yesterday and installed X-Plane 10 and I have no doubt it will continue to work when 11 comes out (In fact, I really hope it does). The nice thing about X-Plane is that it installs into a completely self-contained directory

If you got the digital version for the official site then it will. It's pretty explicit in the e-mail you received. It should read:

"Thank you for purchasing X-Plane 10+11 as a Digital Download!"

Hi Tony,

Is there going to be a discount for current DVD users?

Will the price for XP 11 go up when it's officially released?

Do you know if the weather depiction will be improved anytime during the XP 11 phase?

Do you know if the ATC will be improved for VFR ops for controlled and uncontrolled airports? 

Will AI be implemented?

Finally, will we ever see season textures with a default XP 11?

It's great to see that the menu, audio, and airplanes reflections have been improved, but I'd like to see XP 11 mature to the level of my fully loaded FSX.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Tony,

Do you know if the weather depiction will be improved anytime during the XP 11 phase?

Do you know if the ATC will be improved for VFR ops for controlled and uncontrolled airports? 

Will AI be implemented?

It's great to see that the menu, audio, and airplanes reflections have been improved, but I'd like to see XP 11 mature to the level of my fully loaded FSX.

Thanks.

I guess his everyone's dream to have a 60$ program to do the same things as a thousands buck platform... :)

Reading and listening to LR Q&A it looks like ATC, weather, vegetation, multiplayer, you name it...will be improved in the XP11 cycle. I just hope they do not make too many promises to boost sells...

Hi Tony,

Will AI be implemented?

Thanks.

1. Don't know, probably not.

2. Don't know probably not.

3. Most likely

4. Most likely.

5. I believe so

6. No textures, this will be done using other techniques.

I guess his everyone's dream to have a 60$ program to do the same things as a thousands buck platform... :)

Reading and listening to LR Q&A it looks like ATC, weather, vegetation, multiplayer, you name it...will be improved in the XP11 cycle. I just hope they do not make too many promises to boost sells...

Even at $50 per add-on we are no where near $1000s.

I've spent more than $300 on XP10 add-ons and it's still missing a few add-ons that could put XP at the top of the list of simulators.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi Tony,

No, only if you buy the download version of v10 today.

I believe this is the final price. It's a bargain if you think about how long it's going to last

It was hinted at during the conference, but for v11.00, the only change is the fog layer. I think we will see some improvements though, they have to as it's the biggest complaint about X-Plane 10.

This was also promised during the v10 run and it didn't happen. I guess they want third-parties to step in here. 

Will AI be implemented?

There is AI, and it works ok. In v11 we also have ground vehicles servicing the AI which looked really cool. Again, there is room here for third-parties to make products

I'd say no. You can get season textures from x-plane.org. I doubt we will ever see seasonal textures from LR, but we will likely see a shader-based approach at some point.

When you say maturity, I presume you mean FSX-with-addons. The products coming out for XP are only getting better and whilst we are still behind, I think XP11 is going to attract more devs (More users = more devs)

Thanks.

Indeed, they made this mistake when v10 came out, saying they will improve ATC. Whilst we saw a huge pile of upgrades during the v10 cycle, users don't forget promises easily, so they need to be careful what they say. They didn't actually promise these things will be improved during the v11 cycle, but hinted at it. 

At least that AWFUL / IRRITATING  "you're out of course"  Mantra is gone...

I find default ATC in XP10 and FSX pretty much as "good", if we compare all aspects of it...

I also think that after FU3 and Propilot99, we never had any sort of valuable default ATC in a sim of this class ( I have some interesting scenarios for ELITE, and Aerowinx's PSX default ATC is very nice too :-) )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello,  I keep XP Disc-1 in my old machines installed DVD player. 

I'm finding that most new computers don't come with a DVD player.

Could I copy my XP Disc-1 to a USB thumb drive and keep that plugged in

and remove the Disc-1 in the DVD player?

I think you could send them a support request and ask for an online key (explain your computer doesn't have a drive anymore and show proof of purchase and they might help you out). I also have a computer with no DVD drive and have to connect up an external disk once a week or so to let it activate. I purchased the online version last week to get v11 and finally it just does it over the internet now. 

Yes, you just need to make an ISO out of it and mount it as a disc ... both Windows 10 and OSX will mount ISOs for you. However you need to make sure your USB is formatted to NTFS or something other than FAT32 because the ISO filesize will be over 2GB.

• Upvote 2

Yes, you just need to make an ISO out of it and mount it as a disc ... both Windows 10 and OSX will mount ISOs for you. However you need to make sure your USB is formatted to NTFS or something other than FAT32 because the ISO filesize will be over 2GB.

Hello and Thank U.  I've been using computers for a long time but this process is a bit over my head.  I'll get busy searching to find out how to do this.  

ps: if u can post a website/link with instructions that would save me some time.

Thanks Again

If you bought from Aerosoft, then yes.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/116104-x-plane-11-some-important-infos/#comment-779624

We (Aerosoft) will sell the box version and the digital download version of X-Plane 11.
The download version will require a key again.
For the box version, I can not say anything about copy protection default_smile.png

The prices (all data are currently without exactly guarantee):
Box: 69.99 euros
Box "Early Discount" (as long as it applies): Box price -15% = 59.49 Euro
Link to the shop

There will be an upgrade price for owners of the Aerosoft Box version X-Plane 10 after the release is out.

This will be at 49.99 euros. So for Aerosoft Box owners (X-Plane 10) it is a good idea to wait for the release ...

X-Plane 11 will be available with STEAM too. But the handling is still completely open. Also the appointment.

Greetings Heinz

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello and Thank U.  I've been using computers for a long time but this process is a bit over my head.  I'll get busy searching to find out how to do this.  

ps: if u can post a website/link with instructions that would save me some time.

Thanks Again

Google is really not that difficult ;-)

http://www.howtogeek.com/228886/how-to-create-iso-files-from-discs-on-windows-mac-and-linux/