Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

RWY-lights during bad weather?

Franz,

Within a short while Justsim will release an update that solves this issue.

As a temprary fix you can enable the rw lighting in the Afcad file with a program like ADE ( freeware ) or AFX ( payware ).

Then you see this :

Nice%20night%202.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Close, that option however only effects what you see when you are looking at the airport in ADE. It has no effect within the simulator.

Most third part add-ons have their own lighting and the default simulator lighting is not included in AFCAD.  The recommendation is to put the lighting back into the AFCAD, which will result in default lighting plus add-on lighting.

Dan Downs KCRP

The recommendation is to put the lighting back into the AFCAD, which will result in default lighting plus add-on lighting.

Dan, thanks for the follow up.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks for your answers guys.

In fact i saw that for example at SBGR (Payware) the lights are here during fog. At KDEN (Flightbeam) they were missing during the same bad weather conditions...

The fact that Runway-lighting differs from airport to airport is just a little but unusual for me after having used X-Plane for 15 years, where that wasn't an issue at all.

Close, that option however only effects what you see when you are looking at the airport in ADE. It has no effect within the simulator.

Most third part add-ons have their own lighting and the default simulator lighting is not included in AFCAD.  The recommendation is to put the lighting back into the AFCAD, which will result in default lighting plus add-on lighting.

Do you perhaps know how i can do this at Aerosoft LPPT, LEBL and LTAI? The Runway-lights are completely missing. I downloaded the "Light Patch Pack AS International" from Simmershome but it didn't work for these 3 airports. And i have no idea how i can tell the scenery to use the standard lighting (that would be better than no lights at all  :smile:)

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Last I looked the Simmershome stuff was not P3D compatible and I steered clear of it and their sceneries.

Regardless of developer, they ship an AFCAD with their scenery for AI traffic and very little else.  You'll have to learn a little about ADE to take their AFCAD file and modify it to turn on runway and taxi lights. It would be very easy but this is not the place to provide instruction on ADE.  Available from Scruffyduck, he also is part of the FSDevelopers forum where you can go if you are interested.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok, thanks for these informations! I will take a look at that tool.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Franz,

Within a short while Justsim will release an update that solves this issue.

As a temprary fix you can enable the rw lighting in the Afcad file with a program like ADE ( freeware ) or AFX ( payware ).

Then you see this :

Nice%20night%202.jpg

Great to hear a patch is coming and I hope it will also include the missing runway centerline lights.

Edited to add a link to what the runway lighting should look like

And edited once again and I guess this has already been pointed out but AFAIK P3D nor FSX never had a built-in system to switch the runway lights ON based on weather conditions. They are controlled based on time of day only but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

However some 3rd party developers have come up with different solutions to tackle this problem such as the one mentioned where tuning the ILS on both sides will switch the lights ON etc.

I've also seen scenery where you can beforehand choose if you want the lights on also during daytime if you know the weather will be low vis. One such example is FlyTampa's EKCH where you can set this using the FlyTampa Config Tool.

For the upcoming and what so far looks to become an amazing Orbx Innsbruck scenery there will also be some smart technique to control the lights IIRC. For anyone who missed it you can read all about it here and out of own interest I just asked about this specific thing over in the preview thread so let's see what the dev has to say.

Personally I wish we had this for any airport 'out-of-the-box' just like we have based on time of day because it does feel quite odd to arrive into an airport with almost zero visibility with the approach and runway lights switched OFF.

I know at Stockholm-Arlanda IRL the pilots are often asked by ATC during low vis approaches if they would like the high intensity lights switched ON and it looks very cool when a pilots accepts and you see how all lights are turned up to max like a giant Christmas tree :smile:

Richard Åsberg

The center lines are not missing, just too dim from the distance. 

According to the lighting will work correctly with the update ( he is working with Orbx  )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The center lines are not missing, just too dim from the distance. 

According to the lighting will work correctly with the update ( he is working with Orbx  )

OK, that is good news :smile:

Richard Åsberg

For me the lightning is working during foggy conditions. Tested in EGSS (London Stansted v4, UK2000) in P3D v3.4

Philipp Schwaegerl

For me the lightning is working during foggy conditions. Tested in EGSS (London Stansted v4, UK2000) in P3D v3.4

That's good and is that part of the EGSS scenery or are you saying it works for any airport?

To be honest I haven't really thought much about this for some time because I do all my flying using real world weather and lately it has been rather nice weather where I've been flying but will keep my eyes open for this.

Another thing might be and now I'm only speculating but let's say P3D indeed will make sure the lights are on not only when it's dark but also during IFR conditions maybe that will then only work for default airports and 3rd party airports that relies on P3D default lights. If a 3rd party airport comes with its own custom lights I guess it might also need to provide a custom system to have the lights work during IFR conditions.

Richard Åsberg