Hi!

I am considering to buy a 4K 30Hz capable monitor to my PC. 

The size i want is about 24'.

I see the Dell P2415Q or the BenQ BL2420U as two options. The BenQ is 30Hz capable but don't know if the Dell is. 

Another models? 

Is the response time important? I don't see movies in the PC, only normal use and P3D/XP. BenQ is 7 ms and Dell is 8ms.

Also see the AOC U2477PWQ. I think is 30Hz capable. 

Is HDMI needed to run at 30Hz?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

4k Monitors come in two types. TN and IPS displays. Generally TN displays are capable of very quick responses like 1ms, whereas IPS displays tend to be a bit slower like 4ms. If you use HDMI connection your display will always be 60Hz, however if the monitor has a display port and you use the correct cable you will get the full benefit of 4K resolution. IPS panels although slower tend to produce the best images. 

• Upvote 1

4k Monitors come in two types. TN and IPS displays. Generally TN displays are capable of very quick responses like 1ms, whereas IPS displays tend to be a bit slower like 4ms. If you use HDMI connection your display will always be 60Hz, however if the monitor has a display port and you use the correct cable you will get the full benefit of 4K resolution. IPS panels although slower tend to produce the best images. 

Thanks!

But the main question is...They will run at 30Hz? How? What cable?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Not sure you'll see the full benefit of 4k on a 24" monitor.  I would ask around to see if others that upgraded from 24" HD to 24" 4K thought it was worth it.  For a bit more you can get a 43".  I have Vizio M series 43" that runs at 30 or 60 Hz.  Works great for daily use and P3D.

My Pc is in a normal desk table, i think more than 27 will be too much for the distance i look at monitor.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Just saw the AOC U2879VF 28". Very good price for 28".

What do you think?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

For information on DisplayPort see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

There are various versions and you need to have one for your chosen monitor. Be aware that some manufacturers do not include them with the monitor and therefore needs to be bought separately.

If budget is not tight it is worth considering an IPS panel that incorporates G-sync (for Nvidia cards) or FreeSync (for AMD cards).

http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/g-sync - http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync

Regards

For information on DisplayPort see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

There are various versions and you need to have one for your chosen monitor. Be aware that some manufacturers do not include them with the monitor and therefore needs to be bought separately.

If budget is not tight it is worth considering an IPS panel that incorporates G-sync (for Nvidia cards) or FreeSync (for AMD cards).

http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/g-sync - http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync

Regards

Thanks again.

My actual monitor is a Gsync monitor, but it does not provide a smooth and stutter free experience in P3D.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

have you tried a custom resolution within the nvidia panel for 30hz on your current monitor?

ps. superwide beats 4k in my humble opinion.

have you tried a custom resolution within the nvidia panel for 30hz on your current monitor?

ps. superwide beats 4k in my humble opinion.

It does not run at 30hz.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Bummer, wouldnt bother buying a whole new display for it, got similar results with a frame lock and vsync.

just tried it on my new asus pg348q and 30 doesnt work but it did on my old samsung. oh well

incidentally, old monitor was hdmi, this one is displayport.

I would recommend a Samsung 40in TV UN40KU6300 it will run natively at 30Hz and I love it 

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

For those that can't do 30Hz via DisplayPort try with an HDMI cable. It worked for me. I was able to go into Nvidia control panel and changed it to 30 Hz.