If you use HDMI connection your display will always be 60Hz, however if the monitor has a display port and you use the correct cable you will get the full benefit of 4K resolution.

That's not correct, HDMI 1.4x or 2.0 you can set the Hz via the nVidia NCP, it's the TV/Monitor that defines what Hz it will support.  The key is to find a TV/monitor that looks at good and works as well at both 30Hz (for flight sims) and 60Hz (3D shooters).

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: this holds true for HDMI or DP

My Samsung 40-in 4K TV uses a HDMI cable and runs very well at 30Hz refresh.  The only downside to this product is that the dynamic brightness that compensates for dark rooms can be turned off but it has to be turned off each session. After a couple of months with it I've very happy with the purchase.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi guys, is it true under win7 I cannot run one monitor at 4k and another at a lower resolution?

Also how can I be sure that the conenction type I want to use, ie. HDMI will support 4k, I heard that also may be a bit of a gotcha with 4K TV's. Is there something I should look for in the specs?

Well I run my primary monitor at 1440p and my secondary monitor at 4K (for FSX) with win7 64 bit. Works well with no issues.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

That's not correct, HDMI 1.4x or 2.0 you can set the Hz via the nVidia NCP, it's the TV/Monitor that defines what Hz it will support.  The key is to find a TV/monitor that looks at good and works as well at both 30Hz (for flight sims) and 60Hz (3D shooters).

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: this holds true for HDMI or DP

I was making tests. Connected my Sony Bravia 32" 1080p TV to my PC with a HDMI cable. 

I put 1080i in NCP and 30Hz (at 1080p i can't select 30Hz, only 24,25,50,60)

I open the sim, put Unlimited FPS and turn on Vsync, but always see 60FPS and no 30. Tested turning on and off Vsync, Triple Buffer...always 60 and no 30 FPS. Why?

Otherwise i like the experience of flying in a 32" TV, so i will consider to buy a 32 4K TV to fly.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg