Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

What is the future of Aerofly?

I was wondering if the sceneries in AeroFly will expand to NYC, Hawaii, etc. This sim reminds me of Flight Unlimited. If it wasn't for FU I-III, I would not be a CFII today.

I'd also love to see some AI, ATC for vfr & ifr ops, ASN type weather generator, and Realair GAs.

So far I like the direction is heading.

TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I like the direction it's heading, too. I don't like the fact that no one of our beloved addon makers seems to be dedicated to supporting it or even noticing it, though. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well, truth is, there's a very nice-looking Q-400 on it's way right now, and an R-22 too ( if I'm not wrong, it's a 22 ? )...

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/7564-Bombardier-Dash-8Q-400

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was wondering if the sceneries in AeroFly will expand to NYC, Hawaii, etc. This sim reminds me of Flight Unlimited. If it wasn't for FU I-III, I would not be a CFII today.

I used Flight Unlimited 3 (and the FU2 San Francisco scenery) exclusively between 1999 and 2008, and it will always have a special place in my heart. I agree that AeroFly FS2 is looking more and more like a modern version of this legendary flightsim series, and I am keeping a close eye on it. If they create a solid ATC system for it, and add lots of good looking AI planes and flightplans, then I will probably join the club :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As a long time ELITE user, with some investment in their excellent hardware and simulators, I am glad to have been able to call one of their team's member his attention to the SDK, and he will try to find some way to make ELITE HW work with Aerofly FS 2, in his spare time - nothing official but still promising!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I used Flight Unlimited 3 (and the FU2 San Francisco scenery) exclusively between 1999 and 2008, and it will always have a special place in my heart. I agree that AeroFly FS2 is looking more and more like a modern version of this legendary flightsim series, and I am keeping a close eye on it. If they create a solid ATC system for it, and add lots of good looking AI planes and flightplans, then I will probably join the club :smile:

The FU community was special. I still have the DVDs that an avsim member sent me of a UK scenery for FU3.

That sim is still IMHO, is the best sim ever created. It will be very hard to replicate. FS2004 did not do it. FSX add-ons have not done it.

What's the special quality I'm speaking of?

The sim made me feel like I was really flying a plane. ATC & the weather depiction was so immersive. It brings tears to my eyes.  :wub:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes, Flight Unlimited 3 had a very special "atmosphere", and it was (IMO) head and shoulders above FS2000/2002 in this department (and quite a few others).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Their roadmap is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/434030/discussions/0/350532536105161885/

It has been a bit quiet for several months now. Most likely they are working on some major update (ATC, perhaps?). I wouldn't expect a huge amount of DLC/add-ons while the sim is still in early access. They should be focusing on finishing the base sim rather than using these resources to create add-ons for an unfinished product. However the they will release SDK's so anyone can make free or paid content.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The current California scenery is stunning, especially the detailed cities. And performance is spectacular - I mean 200+ fps, but of course, that has to do with lack of system depth, weather, AI etc.

AFS2 were feature in PC Pilot not long ago and they disclosed many interesting things on their roadmap. The SDK is being tested by external developers, expand functionality of the A/P with LNAV and VNAN, AI Traffic, a simple ATC and then some.

Golden Age of flight simming is here!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Like I have mentioned previously, if they can get decent ATC, AI planes, and high resolution photoscenery across the entire south western USA region, I couldn't care less if they never add any more scenery areas. What I want to see is super high detail in a regional area, not "yet another global simulator with bog standard basic graphics over 99% of the planet".

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Couldn't agree more Chris!

Time for someone to let go of the global scenery focus, and create a real high fidelity regional scenery flight sim in the style of GTA, Truck Simulator, Unigene etc.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!