Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

What do you use for charts viewing

Airnav.com, Aivlasoft EFB or the GTN750. I'm sure there are others. Navigraph offers charts and plates but why pay for something that's freely available.

• Upvote 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Airnav.com, Aivlasoft EFB or the GTN750. I'm sure there are others. Navigraph offers charts and plates but why pay for something that's freely available.

thanks for reply, arnav is free but it is in USA only, other are not free. thanks

I use a mixture of free charts and Navigraph charts printed to PDF. I view them on a laptop beside my PC. It serves as an electronic flight bag, and also has manuals, checklists etc, because I don't like coming out of the sim to look at charts or documentation.

• Upvote 1

I have a Navigraph monthly sub and use my Samsung Note 10.1 (no, not the one that sets itself on fire!) to view the charts view the app. It's just about perfect as it's a nice big tablet with a clear, good quality screen.

• Upvote 1

I get charts from all over the world where freely available, and where Navigraph/LIDO has no charts available. It's really pretty easy if you take the time to look around.

DJ

• Upvote 1

What do you use for charts viewing navigraph charts or other sources thanks.

Mark I eyeball!

• Upvote 1

Navigraph yearly subscription. I use it enough it is worth the money

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

What do you use for charts viewing navigraph charts or other sources thanks.

I am personally a big fan of SkyVector! Whether VFR or IFR, or looking to plot a route, the opportunities are endless! It's very user friendly, and fast. My favorite part is the "pop out" chart feature. I love flying practice instrument approaches so this feature is great when there is a heavy workload in the cockpit. I'm not sure if it accommodates international airports outside of the US, but it's worth looking into! Absolutely free!!!

• Upvote 1

Always in our hearts AVQ1. Andre Roy. 

Air Traffic Controller New York TRACON

Jeppesen and sometimes AeroChart by Fabio Borelli (free on iOS App Store).

• Upvote 1

Hi.

ICAO have a good list of AIPs sorted by country, here.

Simming mostly in Europe I tend to go direct to EAD-Eurocontrol. Registration is free.

They seem mostly to be pdfs so while sat at the PC I indulge in a fair amount of Alt+Tab...

Best regards,

Dave

• Upvote 2

I found a Copy of The Moving Map by Blue Sky Scenery; it's a FSUIPC Module that provides a windowed Sectional, IFR Low & High Map while the Sim is running. It used to provide NOAA Wx data, but that Feature doesn't seem to work anymore... no matter. I just like having the Sectional handy to show the Route, like a Road Map!

It works for both Nine and X, and works in W7 with the usual Shortcut & UAC adjustments.

Aside from having SkyVector & AirNav available on my Tablet, I also use AvnWx (avnwx.com) which shows RW Wx, Navaids, PIREPS & TAF's, in addition to all Airports, VOR's & NDB's in your Area...

http://www.blueskyscenery.com/BSSMM_Manual.html

Alan  :smile:

• Upvote 1

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Simplates android/ios app. One time fee of 40$, but it uses current NACO CHARTS in the US, and an extensive selection worldwide. Updated regularly, best sim app I've ever purchased!

• Upvote 1

I am personally a big fan of SkyVector! Whether VFR or IFR, or looking to plot a route, the opportunities are endless! It's very user friendly, and fast. My favorite part is the "pop out" chart feature. I love flying practice instrument approaches so this feature is great when there is a heavy workload in the cockpit. I'm not sure if it accommodates international airports outside of the US, but it's worth looking into! Absolutely free!!!

Yep I am too.  Now you can move the pop out charts around and re-size them!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Chart viewing becomes hard in the virtual realm so the easiest thing that I have found is Navigraph Chart Viewer. You simply enable it as a pop up and you have charts in the cockpit. otherwise I use an iPad. This is where the 777 built in chart viewer becomes very handy because you actually have to use it in the VR world.