Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Aerosoft Airbus A3xx Series - Joystick Help

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere in the years since Aerosoft's Airbus simulations came out.  A quick search for "Aerosoft A320 Airbus Joystick Setup" did not help.    I saw a few websites talking about this but my head nearly exploded from the overly complicated hoops to jump through.

I own Aerosoft's Airbus Extended A319/A320/A321 aircraft and cannot configure my joystick and throttles for use with them.   The control surfaces are dead in the simulator and FSUIPC is no help in getting around this.  Aerosoft has their own installer operations center kind of like PMDG does and there is a Joystick Advance menu feature in there where it warns you to only use this if you can't get your controls to function in the simulator normally.    Setting up the axes in this did not help either.  Of course it didn't help that the Installer only looks for the FSX Control file, rather P3D's.

Long story short.   You guys who fly the Bus in P3D, how did you setup your joystick and throttle?   Why is it even this complicated to start with?  Aerosoft decided to be different?    If anyone has a lamens term guide on setting controls for the Aerosoft Airbus I would appreciate seeing it.  Thanks.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Er... I installed P3D, plugged in my joystick (simple Logitech Extreme), installed the Airbus (218/219 in my case) and everything just worked...? I never ever have to setup controls for a specific plane. I only remove the rudder axis because I have pedals but other than that I don't even change any default P3D control setting. (I also don't use FSUIPC.) I certainly never used some advanced Aerosoft utility. The joystick simply works in the Airbus as it does in the A2A planes or RealAir or whatever. Is your joystick working in other planes? Very odd that you are having problems because there shouldn't be any. It should work just like that. (I don't even install drivers for my joystick on Windows 10, nor for my Saitek rudder pedals!)

I only remove the rudder axis because I have pedals but other than that I don't even change any default P3D control setting. (I also don't use FSUIPC.)

Yes, the joystick works fine if you use default FSX/P3D controls.  But if your system is setup as it is recommend for the type of flying I do, FSUIPC handles all joystick axes and button pushes because FSX/P3D or not nearly as accurate or versatile as what FSUPIC can provide.   FSUPIC even has a function to Mimic FS Controls but clicking this does not seem to get any input flowing.   When I move the throttle forward I see the throttle inside the Airbus move a few centimeters then it slams back to the IDLE.  Same thing with other flight control surfaces.   It is a known issue for people not flying with direct control from the simulator's controls.    This is the ONLY airplane that does this.   Other Aerosoft products such as the Twin Otter work fine.

So let me rephrase my question;   Has anyone gotten this setup in FSUPIC's control systems and if so, how did you do it?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I feel for ya, I bought same plane over a year ago and have never flown it. Kept following too many "joystick setup" blogs. I don't feel I have missed a thing by grounding her.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

You have to install Simconnect:

\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

You have to install Simconnect:

\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

I develop scenery for P3D and FSX so I have installed every single version of SimConnect available.  :)   Going to fiddle with this some more or just buy FSLabs A320 when it releases since it looks to be a superior simulation of the A320 anyway.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I can't believe NO ONE has ever successfully set these planes up in P3D with FSUIPC in charge.   It is only the throttles that don't work because Aerosoft wanted to simulate the FDEC system for the engines but what a horrible headache it causes.    There has to be a video/guide somewhere on setting it up properly in P3D!?  All the guides out there are for FSX setup.   Also, a guide on disabling garbage inside the aircraft panels in order to let EZDOK have full control rather than that obtrusive built in cockpit viewing stuff would be nice too.

I see people flying it all the time in YouTube videos.   It looks like the only way to get it to work is to set axis inside P3D control panel but that goes against how aircraft should be setup with FSUIPC where you wipe out all your controls in P3D/FSX control panel and let FSUIPC have full reign.

I want to actually fly these planes I paid for.  No other plane does this insanity.   I have tried everything I could find out there to set up the throttles for use with these Airbus sims but none work.  My favorite is the tool built into the Aerosoft launcher that is completely useless because in their infinite wisdom Aerosoft never made that tool look for Prepar3d.cfg files, only FSX.   So when you run the Joystick Config tool you get an error message saying it can't find FSX's default control.xml file and to locate it first then try again.   And there is no option to tell it you are using P3D over FSX yet the installer packages for the planes install into P3D just fine.... -_-

I just want to fly an Airbus... try something new.... but it looks like I am going to have to get FSLabs A320 since AS Extended series is a bust for me and that is not ready.  To many bugs reported.  Needs like 3 service packs before I'll go near it with a $99 price tag.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I have disabled all axes in the P3D menu and have never touched the Joystick menu in the Aerosoft Launcher.

I've set up all the control axes including brakes and throttle (just one axis, never felt the need for asymmetrical thrust) of the Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321 in FSUIPC as "send direct to FSUIPC Calibration". Never had a problem.

These are the entries from my FSUIPC profile .ini-file, if that helps:

[Axes]

RangeRepeatRate=10

0=0X,256,D,7,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: LeftBrake }-

1=0Y,256,D,8,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: RightBrake }-

2=0R,256,D,3,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Rudder }-

3=1Z,256

4=1Z,B,14577,16383,66066,0,66067,0 -{ Entering=SPOILERS_ARM_ON, Leaving=SPOILERS_ARM_OFF }-

5=1Z,B,-16384,2967,66064,0,66065,0 -{ Entering=SPOILERS_ON, Leaving=SPOILERS_OFF }-

6=1V,256,D,4,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

7=2X,256,D,23,0,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Flaps }-

8=2Z,256

9=2Z,B,7680,16383,66079,0 -{ Entering=GEAR_UP }-

10=2Z,B,-16384,-5331,66080,0 -{ Entering=GEAR_DOWN }-

11=3X,256,D,1,38,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Aileron, SlewSide }-

12=3Y,256,D,2,39,0,0 -{ DIRECT: Elevator, SlewAhead }-

Many moons ago I asked Mathijs about using their Airbus with hardware via fsuipc and while I don't remember exactly his response I remember thinking I would never buy the plane because it won't work with my setup.

Eric 

Also, a guide on disabling garbage inside the aircraft panels in order to let EZDOK have full control rather than that obtrusive built in cockpit viewing stuff would be nice too.

Simply switch the view system off in the settings?!?

Would be too easy, right?

Keep on ranting guys...

I use p3d to control everything but the throttles flaps and spoliers. I use fsuipc for those. I have not been able to use fsuipc for everything like I had hoped.

Kevin Humphryes

Simply switch the view system off in the settings?!?

Would be too easy, right?

Keep on ranting guys...

Continue to selective quote me.   Switching off the view system in the FMC is not enough.  I had to kill off Gauge46 in the Panel.cfg file for each Airbus model.  Thanks.   Calling it all garbage is a little harsh though.  Apologies for that.     

And yes, I will continue to rant on products that make it difficult for me to fly the aircraft how I want too.   Thanks again.

I use p3d to control everything but the throttles flaps and spoliers. I use fsuipc for those. I have not been able to use fsuipc for everything like I had hoped.

I'm going to try out the FSUIPC settings above tonight and see if it dislodges the throttles.  It's the only flight control surface int he plane that doesn't work.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Continue to selective quote me.   

No problem ;-P

The view systems works for a lot of people. As does the throttle system.

Only because there are some configurations that do not work doesn't make the system rubbish.

But as you prove: You will be ranting on and on, no matter what. I have no problem with this. Because I don't care ;-)

Hey Brian,

Give this a shot. This is what I used and it worked out perfect. If you have questions, post them up here. Here is the thread where I got this from (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/37876-lua-scripts-for-airbusx-real-throttle-upd-16th-sept/)

LUA scripts for AirbusX throttle

thanks to Pete we have now the possibility to assign the AirbusX throttles via FSUIPC

I copy Petes "How-To" out of his FSUIPC Forum

Try the following two Lua plug-ins:

First this, saved as AirbusX_Thr1.lua:

ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_0", ipcPARAM*-2)

And this, saved as AirbusX_Thr2.lua:

ipc.writeLvar("L:AS_FADEC_1", ipcPARAM*-2)

Save them in the FSX Modules folder.

Then, in FSUIPC axis assignments, assign Throttle 1 to the so-called 'FS control' Lua AirbusX_Thr1, and similarly Throttle 2 to Lua AirbusX_Thr2. Note that you'll find these listed in the "Send to FS as normal axis" mode, NOT in the "Send direct to FSUIPC" mode. This is a quirk of how macros and plug-ins are recognised.

I have tested this with my Saitek X52 and Saitek throttle quadrant and works perfect.

But of course, other hardware could have problems, maybe.

Even if I don't think so.

Please try it out and feel free to report back!

Thanks again and all credits to Pete Dowson!