Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Ariane 737ng

Like with the PMDG bird, some procedures are missing.Ariane is looking for another supplier, they're not happy with the situation themselves.There's no paintkit, as per their repaint policy which doesn't allow distribution of repaints (you're of course free to make any for your own use).

Guest Mike20

Hi again all, well I did not think I would get such a big response to my question so I must sincerely thank you all and now after reading so much about the aircraft I think I may have to flip a coin to make my decision. would love to get them both and when I can aford it I think I will, I do like the idea of the push back truck I think it would make a good start to a flight being able to push your own aircraft back, maybe other companys will follow this idea and implement a pushback truck for there own aircraft anyhow thanks once again you have all helped me and thats why I love this forum so much take care all regards Michael

",...what payware aircraft developer have ever developed any implemented functions which is ment to be used with any other aircraft"I'm not touching the Ariane part of the discussion, but to answer this question, Flight1 created a "walk around" dll that can be used with any other aircraft, even aircraft that aren't in their stable. I use it very often as it's also great for spot view, since I can use the wheel on my mouse to zoom in and out.-John

Previous Ariane NG technical Issues pointed out in a thread a ways back:(cvrm - Randy)"1] LVL CHG does not hold the set speed in a climb, in fact blows at least 30 knots in a climb and then settles back. Needs some tuning bad.2] Blurry text on the overhead is so bad you cannot even read the "new" IRS panel.3] No altitude alerts whatsoever. 4] No callouts5] No cabin altitude selection6] Unlike Hollywood's claim, this AFDS does not have CWS, VNAV ALT,ALT INT, SPD INTV. How can this be the "most advanced ever made"? 7] Has "large" CWS P when you deselect ALT HOLD, or disconnect the A/P, wronga: CWS doesnot work on this bird, either in ptch or roll, in fact there is no CWS ROLL even on the PFD, again superior to what?b: CWS P is not large and not located in the "center" of the PFD, anyone can llok at a real PFD and see what I am talking about.8] And the worst is the incredibly slow refresh rate on the displays. One must use the pop ups to get a descent refresh rate.9] No rolling Digits on the PFD speed and Altitude tapes10] Is there a way to ARM the speedbrakes here? 11] ONE LIVERY, 12] NO CABIN13] twice the amount of the "other sim"Has anyone been able to engage VNAV? FMC is far behind the "other" sim, this is simple fact. I will spare you all and will let Ariane patch before further comment. Now, Arine has promised a patch, great, like others they are entitled to that and I hope they do well. The bird has a nice something about it, I believe there is potential, but certainly does not come close to it's price for it's condition or close to PMDG by a mile in Systems, the lack if AFDS modelling is clearly evident, and for those of you who are hard core NG flyers and KNOW about the NG aircraft, I say you yourselves will agree with everything I have stated. That said let's hope it goes further, without claims based upon wind but by writing the code needed to get this bird up to the level it's claimed, not too much to ask for such an expensive toy now is it?"

>",...what payware aircraft developer have ever developed any>implemented functions which is ment to be used with any other>aircraft">>I'm not touching the Ariane part of the discussion, but to>answer this question, Flight1 created a "walk around" dll that>can be used with any other aircraft, even aircraft that aren't>in their stable. I use it very often as it's also great for>spot view, since I can use the wheel on my mouse to zoom in>and out.>>-JohnHi John,Isn

Staffan

You're right--I believe it was released stand alone. I recycle gauges from many payware aircraft when I can--but that's not unique to any one payware vendor. Most aircraft like Ariane's 737 or PMDG's are so tightly integrated it wouldn't make sense to use their gauges with other aircraft. For instance, an autoland gauge may only be crafted to work well with a specific FDE. FDE's are another story--those are easily recycled.-John

I don't know what product of theirs that was about, it's clearly not their latest range.>"1] LVL CHG does not hold the set speed in a climb, in fact>blows at least 30 knots in a climb and then settles back.>Needs some tuning bad.>Holds decently well.>2] Blurry text on the overhead is so bad you cannot even read>the "new" IRS panel.>All depends on how far you zoom in.>5] No cabin altitude selection>Is automatically selected when setting the cruise altitude in the CDU.Not sure how that's done in the real thing, seems like a logical way to do it if you have the pressurisation on auto.>How can this be the "most advanced ever made"? >Because the rest have even less?>7] Has "large" CWS P when you deselect ALT HOLD, or disconnect>the A/P, wrong>Not noticed that>b: CWS P is not large and not located in the "center" of the>PFD, anyone can llok at a real PFD and see what I am talking>about.>Anyone? I've no access to a 737 to check it out...And don't go tell me that some other FS model is perfect and therefore everything that it does is correct.>8] And the worst is the incredibly slow refresh rate on the>displays. One must use the pop ups to get a descent refresh>rate.>Follow the instructions to optimise performance and it's quite acceptable.>9] No rolling Digits on the PFD speed and Altitude tapes>Don't know how they work in the real thing, I think neither do you and you're just going from how some other addon works.>10] Is there a way to ARM the speedbrakes here? >yes.>11] ONE LIVERY, >so?>12] NO CABIN>Wrong.>13] twice the amount of the "other sim">So?>Has anyone been able to engage VNAV? >yes.>FMC is far behind the "other" sim, this is simple fact. I will>spare you all and will let Ariane patch before further>comment. No it's not. It lacks some things, and so does the other. They each lack different things as I said.Seems you're doing the same as so many people here, and that's slagging a product you've never actually seen except in some screenshots based on things someone else who didn't like or understand it wrote about it.You've obviously not used it or you'd have known a lot of what you write is quite incorrect for their current product, though it might have been true for older products released a year or more ago (which they admit are less capable).

>I don't know what product of theirs that was about, it's>clearly not their latest range.>>>"1] LVL CHG does not hold the set speed in a climb, in fact>>blows at least 30 knots in a climb and then settles back.>>Needs some tuning bad.>>>Holds decently well.>>>2] Blurry text on the overhead is so bad you cannot even>read>>the "new" IRS panel.>>>All depends on how far you zoom in.#####???? >>>5] No cabin altitude selection>>>Is automatically selected when setting the cruise altitude in>the CDU.>Not sure how that's done in the real thing, seems like a>logical way to do it if you have the pressurisation on auto.WRONG - It has to be set manually>>>How can this be the "most advanced ever made"? >>>Because the rest have even less?Again - #####?? >>>7] Has "large" CWS P when you deselect ALT HOLD, or>disconnect>>the A/P, wrong>>>Not noticed that>>>b: CWS P is not large and not located in the "center" of the>>PFD, anyone can llok at a real PFD and see what I am talking>>about.>>>Anyone? I've no access to a 737 to check it out...>And don't go tell me that some other FS model is perfect and>therefore everything that it does is correct.It does it better than this garbage....>>>8] And the worst is the incredibly slow refresh rate on the>>displays. One must use the pop ups to get a descent refresh>>rate.>>>Follow the instructions to optimise performance and it's quite>acceptable.>>>9] No rolling Digits on the PFD speed and Altitude tapes>>>Don't know how they work in the real thing, I think neither do>you and you're just going from how some other addon works.Actually, I do know and they do roll over, just as PMDG did them>>>10] Is there a way to ARM the speedbrakes here? >>>yes.>>>11] ONE LIVERY, >>>so?>>>12] NO CABIN>>>Wrong.>>>13] twice the amount of the "other sim">>>So?Twice the amount, half the pleasure.>>>Has anyone been able to engage VNAV? >>>yes.>>>FMC is far behind the "other" sim, this is simple fact. I>will>>spare you all and will let Ariane patch before further>>comment. >>No it's not. It lacks some things, and so does the other. They>each lack different things as I said.>>Seems you're doing the same as so many people here, and that's>slagging a product you've never actually seen except in some>screenshots based on things someone else who didn't like or>understand it wrote about it.>You've obviously not used it or you'd have known a lot of what>you write is quite incorrect for their current product, though>it might have been true for older products released a year or>more ago (which they admit are less capable).Seems your ego is running away with itself again. Sorry, you could never be wrong though....being a self proclaimed expert and all.You seem to have all the answers until someone challenges you and then you revert to the above little dig comments."Don't know how they work in the real thing, I think neither do>you and you're just going from how some other addon works."This is just the icing on the cake.....WRONG....this is how they work....oh no someone who knows something you dont! Shock, horror!

Not another "Ariane differences" thread again, please. Both points have been taken. There always doesn't seem to come out the truth in those threads, because either one of you either doesn't have the product, or you're talking about a totally different version.----Well, I am growing a bit uncomfortable with my purchase. I emailed Ariane CS yesterday morning with some pre-sale questions and got the following back this morning:"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.arianestudios@aol.com"Em...what? AOL?Pat

You are barking up the wrong tree. This was written long ago at the FIRST release, certainly it is different from the one you are flying now. I will say this, the Araine lacks ANY review (s), it also lacks RW pilot's who support the thing whom we (Forums like Avsim) know like Brad Marsh from Virgin Pacific who says the PMDG is good enough to train rl pilots on procedures. See http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~speedy/. QUOTE: "In my spare time I help other people learn to fly using flight sims like IL2 Pacific Fighters and the PMDG 737 add-on for MSFS9. Most of all I get a kick out of sharing my passion for aviation with others not quite so lucky as to be paid to do what, IMHO, is the best job in the world. The preparation these so called games and toy simulators provide for real world flying can be of huge value when you come to fly in the real world. " If you want to compare birds simply set up an ILS approach and pay attention to the MODES. If one knows how a 737 operates he will at once see a BIG difference. VNAV/LNAV/VS/CWS and LVL CH all work a particular way in the real bird. If one has some AOMs he can read about the way these modes should work then compare them to the sims in question. It still amazes me that no one has really compared the indepth systems and how the are really supposed to work. Now, for the average non hard core 737 pilot either will most likely do. And FYI, I tested the Araine personally so you should not make such comments as "Seems you're doing the same as so many people here, and that's slagging a product you've never actually seen except in some screenshots based on things someone else who didn't like or understand it wrote about it.You've obviously not used it or you'd have known a lot of what you write is quite incorrect for their current product, though it might have been true for older products released a year or more ago (which they admit are less capable)." When the only assumption is yours. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

If it lacks reviews it's because for years sites have been boycotting them.Wasn't long ago you could be banned here for even mentioning the name in anything but the most negative of ways for example.

I've posted a "review", but I'll do it again.After owning the Dreamfleet 737-400 and 767PIC for FS2002, and the PMDG 737NG and Level-D 767, as well as many other top-notch pay ware planes for FS9, I find the Ariane Southwest version to be a POS. Why?The resolution is about the same as default, slightly better if you tweak your resolution just right. Some text is barely readable, especially on the overhead.The 2Di displays - Overall very nice looking when undocked, but not 100% accurate either. A pound sign for the 10,000 digit when below 10,000? Okay... Not to mention the fact the SWA version with an EFIS isn't included, but mentioned in the manual as something they're working on. Oh, but now that it's out, you have to pay for it. So much for sticking to airline specific configurations.The FMC - Looks great and is 2D only. Fine by me, but seems to only really work with an FS9 flight plan. Maybe I'm wrong, but I couldn't get a few things to work the way they should, and the manual sucks.The worst part IMO? The flight dynamics and sounds. The sounds are modified default MSFS sounds, no question. They even have the same name as the default sounds, and other than volume aren't any different. No real Boeing sounds that I recall. The AP disco sound is a beep! LOL The flight dynamics are the absolute worst. The plane hand flies like the default Cessna 172, and I mean sensitive! The fun begins when engaging the very basic autopilot modes included. After knowing how the default Boeings fly, I'd say the Ariane is pretty much the same. Nothing special or ground-breaking going on in the Ariane cockpit when using the autopilot and A/T.ILS approach? Forget it. The plane swings like a pendulum trying to capture the LOC. Believe me when I say I had to disconnect the AP to even land the stupid thing. I had the wind at zero and tried several times at less than 10 degrees off center.I could go on, but why bother. I've posted my findings on the Ariane 737NG before, yet people have still decided to purchase it. What I find most shocking is that some claim to like it afterwards, even after owning the PMDG or similar accurate add on! It really is that bad.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Toni Rauch

Sorry, but I believe you're wrong.To the best of my knowledge, Tom Allensworth publically invited Ariane to submit their product for an in-depth staff review, soon after all the 'comparison threads' appeared when Ariane 'declared war' on PMDG. To date, they have declined to do so.Tom has also offered Ariane the opportunity to use Avsim to host a support forum for their products, a support forum long promised by Ariane and still undelivered.Again, to date, Ariane has not taken up the offer.So to suggest that sites (or at least this one in particular) have boycotted Ariane is simply nonsense.Toni.

I heard other stories during a face to face talk with Neville (the boss of Ariane) a few weeks ago.He said emails to senior Avsim staff (including Tom) (as well as staff at several other sites) are ignored, offers of products to review are ignored, etc. etc.

Don't know what product that is, but it's quite different from their latest offerings.Maybe their old -300? Comparing that to the current products is like taking the FS98 vintage PSS 757 into FS2002 and saying based on that that their new 777 is a bad product.