Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Ariane 737ng

Guest Toni Rauch

>I heard other stories during a face to face talk with Neville>(the boss of Ariane) a few weeks ago.>He said emails to senior Avsim staff (including Tom) (as well>as staff at several other sites) are ignored, offers of>products to review are ignored, etc. etc.>Did Rolt comment on the contents of his emails to Tom (and others)?After all, there are emails and there are emails.....!As far as the support forum is concerned, what's holding Rolt back? After all, he goes to great lengths to ensure Ariane is 'discussed' as often as possible on this forum, particularly support issues.IMHO, I believe that Ariane does itself no favours by hiding behind rocks and blaming everyone else for their reputation. Like every other worthwhile developer, I suggest they 'come out' and speak to their potential buyers and customers.(And please 'Edam', save the attack.)Toni.

>Don't know what product that is, but it's quite different>from their latest offerings.>Agree,I can not identify that product at all with their new NG series. :-)It is quite obvious though that some of us like the new NG series from Ariane, and other doesn

Staffan

Guest Edam

No need for an attack 'Rauch.' Like I said earlier, your incessant negativity and assumptions without solid evidence (such as assuming that the email contents were bad in some way) makes your opinions meaningless. You seem to have that one agenda in your life since you rarely appear in other threads but are guaranteed to show up in *every* Ariane based one, for one reason only...to put them down. And as much as it sticks in your craw, people are still going to enjoy their products and like them.

I think I can put my finger on it. It's sometimes TOO smooth.Neither product is perfect, they complement one another. If I want to hop in, fly away, set the autopilot at 500ft and disconnect it on touchdown, I pick the PMDG.If I want to think about what I'm doing and be more active during the flight I pick the Ariane.

Guest Toni Rauch

EdamYou couldn't be more wrong.I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, but I have no problems with Ariane's products, as such. If people are willing to pay the money and if they like the products - I'm delighted for them.That said, I do have issues with Ariane and the way they conduct themselves. On this, there is a volume of 'evidence' from Ariane customers who report here on this forum. I don't start these threads - I merely comment, as is my right.All the negativity could very easily be 'reversed' by Rolt, 'Bobbo', PT and/or whoever being more 'open' with the community and less clandestine. As I said before, their reputation is built solely by them and no-one else.People don't lie here - they report matters as they find them - good and bad. That's what the forum's for. If Ariane want to comment in some way, they're free to do so, but they should do so themselves, and not through anonymous 'spokesmen'.Ultimately, their success will be dictated by their products and by their actions, but just like their 'competitors' who are very open and helpful (in the main).Until then, we're all entitled to 'call it as we see it'. That's your right, my right, and Ariane's right to respond to. And for the benefit of the entire community (older members as well as new), long may open discussion continue.Nothing personal....Toni.

Hello everyone, I have both the Ariane 700NG SWA and the PMDG series of AC. I do enjoy both, but I have to admit I like the Ariane's feel, and appearence better. I just purchased the 600NG, and await my key. For some reason, the on line method never works. The only problem my 700 has is crashes, mainly from the FMC I think. I have never resovled this,and Ariane tells me it's my system everytime, yet all other aircraft work fine. I don't have that installed at this time.I hope the 600 does not have this problem. As far as the classic series 300-400-500, I don't think they use the vce, just 2D panels. Otherwise, I would have gotten one of them. The other thing was a lack of an FMC on the classics. I like to use that for my navigation. All in all, different strokes for different folks. If you like immediate support via the forums, PMDG is the way to go. If you don't mind sending an E-mail and waiting 1-3 days for every response, then Ariane will be fine also. The only problem with that is, if you have a problem on a Monday, and have to talk back and forth, you may not get it resolved until Friday or Saturday. Ariane has stated how backed up things get, so that explains the waiting time. I think they need to improve in this area. Best regards, Jeff

"People don't lie here - they report matters as they find them - good and bad."In the real world, I wish this were true, but I am afraid it's not. Every product has it's overzealous fans--those that come into the forums and spin the truth to whatever suits their agendas. For almost every product that's out there, I guarantee you that there are negative posts claiming "issues" from people who've never come close to owning the product. What bugs me is that every post on Ariane turns into this shouting match. Look past the issues that challenge, and there are still a convincing number of people here--people I trust--who enjoy Ariane's latest suite of products.What would be refreshing is an open thread where people only post what they LIKE about the competing products--period. There's enough negative threads out there....-John

Ok, here is my take from a "new customer" perspective:I have considered for quite some time now taking the plunge and getting Ariane's latest 737-700 VCe V2 "Special Edition". As always, usually before I buy a product, I read reviews, user comments and, of course, the products website.1) REVIEWS: Because I intially couldn't locate any reviews on any FS website, I tried to find an objective user review. So far, I have yet to find any thread that didn't include a 'head-to-head' discussion between Ariane fans and Ariane critics. Last week, I did find a very extensive review on a German FS website from a 737 pilot, who very positively reviewed their VCe series, but pointed out some flaws with the flight dynamics and the FMC, especially the SID/STAR and Navdata updates. Especially, the Navdata updates are critical in my buying decision, because I always keep all my FS products in sync with the latest AIRAC cycles. So, I wrote an email to Ariane:2) CUSTOMER SERVICE: I have yet to hear a reponse from Ariane, which is also crucial to my buying decision, because I am not going to spend $100 on a product where my pre-sale questions are not answered first hand. I have never been in contact with any Ariane "official", nor have I seen any of them being active in any discussion forum.3) ARIANE WEBSITE: Some product information on Arianes website is misleading and confusing. For example, the "Promotional" 737-700 with the Southwest livery is displayed on the "News" page as a time-limited demo (in the fine print, for $50?), while on the main product page there is no mention of it being time-limited.I also saw that a forum was about to open in September 2005. It is end of November right now and nothing has happened. Review section: expected end of October.Then I decided to go to the "Administration" page and became almost overwhelmed with different fees. 6 Month Upgrade, GPB 10; VCe Order Re-instatement Feem GBP 25; Administration fee, GBP 10. What!?I also asked Ariane support, if the "Hapag Lloyd" livery can be used with the VCe V2. So, far no response. I asked about a livery editor. No response. I especially opened my spam filters to accept any email to make sure that their response won't get trapped in the filter.So, bottom line: I am a bit leary purchasing any of their products right now, because of the points that I outlined above. I am sure that their products at this point are anywhere in the range of "very good" to "excellent", but I am worried that there seems to be absolutely no unanimosity of favorable opinions like there is with most other FS add-ons - Level-D and PMDG comes to mind. I am also confused about the lack of reviews - for whatever reason. To me as a potential customer, this is (unfortunately) a warning sign.I don't know who is being difficult here and I do not have to care, but the lack of reviews on virtually ALL FS websites and magazines gives me the impression as a potential customer that either the editors do not consider their products to be worth a review, or that the developer is worried about a potential negative review.This is from a totally unbiased potential new customer...Pat

>"People don't lie here - they report matters as they find>them - good and bad.">>In the real world, I wish this were true, but I am afraid it's>not. Every product has it's overzealous fans--those that come>into the forums and spin the truth to whatever suits their>agendas. For almost every product that's out there, I>guarantee you that there are negative posts claiming "issues">from people who've never come close to owning the product. >>What bugs me is that every post on Ariane turns into this>shouting match. Look past the issues that challenge, and>there are still a convincing number of people here--people I>trust--who enjoy Ariane's latest suite of products.>>What would be refreshing is an open thread where people only>post what they LIKE about the competing products--period. >There's enough negative threads out there....>>-John Well you are right John, as long as I can remember there has been a fued brewing, somehow some way PMDG is dragged into the Araine debacle debates. But one only has to read the previous threads to see why. I have been guilty myself many a time but some things stated I felt needed clarification or at least a defence but I do not believe that holdfs true as much as it did a year ago. I personally am happy some like the Araine, really. If you enjoy it then fly it-without the attacks on other's products. Certainly Araine has been attacked on forums, some for personal reasons, some for other reasons. I am not against anyone who wishes to purchase it but I am tried of the battles and wish they would stop. It's true that neither product is perfect, no product can claim that. Even though everyone knows what I "think" about that company I still say that their newest developement is not that bad at all, if we did not have the PMDG to compare it with it might even look better. MY opinion will always be slanted of course in the public eye becaus of my close ties with PMDG but I will give credit when it is due for a product alone.... [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

PT hasn't been involved with Ariane in at least 2 years and you know it so bringing him into the discussion shows your true agenda.You refusing to name people properly also shows your disdain for them. It's Mr. Rolt to you.I've a feeling it IS personal to you.

Neville Rolt advised me against the -300/400/500 because they're old products that don't come CLOSE to what they can produce today.How old is your -700? They've upgraded their entire NG line to VCe2 standard a while back so it could well be your -600 will be an entirely new product.Yes, support can take a while. I attribute it mainly to timezones and office hours.They have a right to sleep and AFAIK are all in the same location, so can't have people on call somewhere in the world nearly 24/7.If you then are in the same timezone and only use FS over the weekend and at night, yes you have to wait for an answer until the next day.Working in software engineering myself I can appreciate that.Let's hope they get those forums organised so there's a FRIENDLY place to help each other instead of having every post you make about the product turned into a flamewar by someone who doesn't like the company for things that happened years ago when it was under different management...

Guest JIMJAM

Ill pass.I also tried to find reviews but came across a new buyer who was having problems and couldnt find any help. He posted on this overseas website with few questions and expressed his dissapointment and some issues with the plane.Man it got UGLY. He was attacked,ripped apart and spit out.Another was very upset he had not received his activation after 3 days.He was also slaughtered and was accused of making it up just to flame Araine.Never found out much about the plane but found out Ariane has some very dedicated and defensive supporters.

I am going to state the FACTS here and then I am going to lock this thread since there seems to be a lot of "spin doctoring" going on.FACT: AVSIM Offered to host a free support forum for Ariane. That offer was made, if memory serves me, in April of this year or shortly there after.FACT: Mr. Holt has sent me a whopping two mails this entire year; both complaining about unfair treatment in our forums by users and by the hosting of previous editorial and news items about PT (now Ariane).FACT: Never once to my knowledge has Ariane offered us product for review.FACT: We would happily provide reviews, but we are not going to purchase from Ariane for having the privalege of doing so (we don't pay for products to review as a matter of policy).Now I am going to shut this thread down.