Sign in to follow this  
Coop1019

Mooney M20R | Advanced Flight Modeling Simulation

Advanced Flight Modeling Simulation is excited to share that we are developing the Mooney M20R!

Some of the custom systems we are developing:

• Electrical System (Circuit breakers, buses, and more simulated)
  • Fuel System
  • Engine Model (IO-550)
  • Avionics Simulation
  • Specialized Flight Controls
  • Landing Gear/ Brakes
The aircraft will be developed with accuracy, beauty, and performance in mind, assuring that we can make the ultimate simulation experience with X-Plane! The aircraft will feature the X-Plane GNS 530 & GNS 430. We are also working with RealityXP to implement their Garmin GTN 750 & GTN 650 into the aircraft*.

front101416.png

panelGNS530430-2.png?resize=768%2C416

panelGTN750650.png?resize=768%2C450

See More at afmsimulation.com

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time! To follow our development make sure to subscribe to our newsletter at afmsimulation.com/subscribe/

* Windows edition only; separate purchase of RealityXP products is required to enable the feature
  • Upvote 2

We have worked on the 3D Model. We are in the final stages of modeling the panel, and we are focusing on the interior currently.

outside1.png

outside2.pngpanel530430.pngpanel750650.pngpanelkln.png

• Upvote 1

I think this is exciting news. Love the choice of aircraft! If you deliver a good implementation of the features listed above I will be buying this one for sure.

I think this is exciting news. Love the choice of aircraft! If you deliver a good implementation of the features listed above I will be buying this one for sure.

Glad to hear the excitement! Work continues!

I used to fly one of these in real life.

Look forward to this being released!

Kind regards

This sounds like it's going to be a really nice aircraft.  I subscribed to the blog, so I hope they keep me up to date on its production.  Looking forward to trying it out on Pilotedge.

This sounds like it's going to be a really nice aircraft.  I subscribed to the blog, so I hope they keep me up to date on its production.  Looking forward to trying it out on Pilotedge.

We sure are aiming for a great aircraft! We are making sure that it is fully IFR capable for Pilotedge. There will be the default 530/430, optional 750/650, or KLN90B (Of Course it always can be flown VFR as well)

We are putting the final stages on the main 3D model over the next few weeks. The texturing process for the model will then commence!

cockpit121016001.png

outside121016002.png

• Upvote 1

Thank you, everyone, for your support and excitement of our project. You are what keeps us motivated and working towards the final release of our Mooney. This month was a massive leap in our progress of the model. We have developed some plugin technologies that I can not go into detail about at this time, but are quite revolutionary for flight models in X-Plane! Here is our progress in the different areas of the model:

3D MODELING:

We are nearing completion with the 3D Model. We have to complete the doors, some animations, and a few other pieces of the model. We are in the final few percent for the model.

side4k.jpg?resize=640%2C360 4kcockpitrender.jpg?resize=640%2C360

TEXTURING:

We have commenced experimenting with textures for the Mooney. We are creating PBR and non-PBR textures for X-Plane 11, and X-Plane 10, respectively.

Here is an example of the PBR textures in progress for the landing gear on the Mooney:

GearRender2.jpg?resize=640%2C360 wideGearRender1.jpg?resize=640%2C240

PLUGIN:

We are making significant progress with our internal SDK based plugin, and we are working on our menu interface and drawing system.

FLIGHT MODEL:

The flight model is additionally in the near final stages. We still need to apply our proprietary systems to the model, including our Engine model, but the aerodynamics of the model is reaching completion.

SOUNDS:

We have recorded more custom sounds and are investigating integration possibilities.

SUPPORT:

We have worked on our support ticket system to be able to handle bug reports and issues with customers in an efficient way. Feel free to check it out at support.afmsimulation.com

From the whole team at Advanced Flight Modeling Simulation, Happy Holidays, and a Great New Year!

All the best, and as always, feel free to comment or contact us for more information at any time.

I see the gtn in there! I'm sold. This looks amazing!

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

This is looking very nice!

Will definitely be a must buy for me  :smile:

p.s. love the speed brake 

This is looking very nice!

Will definitely be a must buy for me  :smile:

p.s. love the speed brake 

Glad you like it :)

Seems like a cool plane! I did my CFI in M-20J

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI