Sign in to follow this  
quincysw

FSX Install Problem

I am running FSX and Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I recently deleted Orbx scenery because I found it too complicated and I then uninstalled FSX.

I then reinstalled FSX from the discs and found an entry in the scenery library ORBX\VECTOR_AEC and when starting FSX I get an error message ' SCENERY.CFG file error.Local scenery directory ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\SCENERY) in scenery area 003 not found.)

I have tried to delete ORBX\VECTOR_AEC from the scenery library without success.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Brian

Brian Lavelle

SCENERY.CFG file error.Local scenery directory ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\SCENERY) in scenery area 003 not found.)

If you deleted the scenery, you'll have to go into the Scenery Library or open up the Scenery.cfg and delete that area.  When you uninstall FSX, it does not delete the fsx.cfg or scenery.cfg.  Those are hidden files you have to delete manually.  But they are overwritten when you reinstall FSX (as you did).  You must have backed up your old scenery.cfg and moved it to the new installation.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am running FSX and Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I recently deleted Orbx scenery because I found it too complicated and I then uninstalled FSX.

I then reinstalled FSX from the discs and found an entry in the scenery library ORBX\VECTOR_AEC and when starting FSX I get an error message ' SCENERY.CFG file error.Local scenery directory ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\SCENERY) in scenery area 003 not found.)

I have tried to delete ORBX\VECTOR_AEC from the scenery library without success.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Brian

I would recommend going to Steams site and purchasing there version of FSX. It's on sale for $5.00. I have found it handles most aspects of FSX better than the boxed version. If you go into the registry and delete the original FSX registry keys and then install the steam version you will see much improved VAS performance. Also all your folders will be named FSX, NOT FSX-SE. That alone, at least for me has solved a few 3rd. party issues. To get the benefits I have had with Steam,  it has to be a clean install!

Mr. Young gave you the correct answer!

But if some of your problems are do to VAS performance, and many, except very high end machines do have some problems with FSX, you may find the Steam version much better. My system is far from top end right now but yet I find an increase in FPS and frame at JFK -28-28 FPS. I never saw that with the boxed version.

Good Luck

Baldy

Jim

Followed your advice and all is well. Thanks very much

regards

Brian

Brian Lavelle

Glad I could help Brian!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10