Sign in to follow this  
harry250

ORBX AIRPORT DVDS only $1.00 AUD at Flightsim store !

if you were gonna buy a bulk load of these dvds and the postage cost dosnt increase per every extra dvd  you could spread the postage cost

If you buy any, don't forget to upgrade to the downloadable version, the only one up to date. 

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2810

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

If you buy any, don't forget to upgrade to the downloadable version, (...)

If you buy these DVDs from FSS, the cross-grade license is *NOT* required. From the same page:

"Customers who have purchased Orbx boxed DVD products from The FlightSim Store should NOT purchase cross-grade licenses, rather you are entitled to "purchase" the download versions free of charge."

Once the box purchase has been processed by FSS, just "buy" the download version of the same title(s) - they will be provided at no additional cost (price will be zero then) from FSS.

The cross-grade license only applies to box purchases from other stores.

You're absolutely right.

That being said, most of the DVD have an older version of the airport if I am not mistaken so you have to "purchase"  (see paragraph in red) the downloadable version. If it is a FSS DVD, the "purchase" is free.  

I am not sure that the DVD purchase would automatically trigger the downloadable version to be put into your account otherwise. This is crucial with the forthcoming OrbXDirect transfer.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes, purchasing the DVD from FSS does also grant you the download version for free. After purchasing the DVDs, you have to purchase the download version, but at a price of 0$. That's how it went with my DVD purchases from FSS.

Also on the postage cost, FSS' automatic system calculates a too high rate. To Europe at least. When I purchased from them in the past, I found out that the stamp on package was cheaper than what I paid for. But I contacted FSS support about this issue and they refunded me the difference in my FSS account, to use with the next purchase.

Can confirm, bought three airfield DVDs for £21, just downloaded the latest P3D compatible variants for free :)

Cheers

Keith

62p for and airfield. Bargain! Until checkout. Cheapest for me to the UK was $29. Shame you can't by them and say dont bother posting it and then grab the download.

Shoulda bought more....now only available direct and prices  at tooth-sucking levels ...

Cheers

Keith

The DVDs are back at FSS, AU$2.50 - but BEWARE - I don't see the option for a free download of the latest (P3D/FSX-SE) version so I suspect you will get only the base FSX version on DVD.

Cheers

Keith

The DVDs are back at FSS, AU$2.50 - but BEWARE - I don't see the option for a free download of the latest (P3D/FSX-SE) version so I suspect you will get only the base FSX version on DVD.

Cheers

Keith

look at #15 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123619-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-v3-offical-faq/

Dominique