Sign in to follow this  
Renato Ferracci

Unable to install 777/737

Hello all, this is Renato,

after months of excellent work with no problems, today I've tryed to install a new livey for my 777f, but in the operations center both 777 and 737 were as if they were not installed. So I have unistalled both, downloaded the last installer on PMDG site, but when I tryed to install a message said "unable to find Prepar3d.exe.Unable to install". So I have searched in all forum a solution, I have ckecked the correct path in the registry, followed all passage in text document with installer, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions.

please help me.

P.s. I have p3d v2.4 windows 10

Renato, first let me point to the forum rule regarding full names on all our posts.

This is a case of reinstalling software causing problems.  The last thing you should have done with OC didn't recognize the products was reinstall the products.  Well, now you know that but I am stating this for others to follow, not as a put down to you.

The message by the PMDG installer that says unable to find Prepar3D is a registry problem.  You said you checked the registry but didn't provide which key/value in the registry you verified....there are several.

First thing is to rule out the most common source of registry problems:  EMT... do not use the migration tool. If you have it uninstall it and hope it restores your registry (it usually leaves a mess behind because it doesn't clean up the damage it caused).

If you are not using the migration tool, then try running the P3D installer and selecting REPAIR. This might work and at minimum it will do no harm. The PMDG installer is compatible with v2.4 so good luck.

Finally, open a support account and submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support. Most install problems are better resolved directly with PMDG than with the users forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the reply,

the strange think is that on the first installation of PMDG products EMT was on PC and everythings run perfectly since today. Anyway, I have unistalled EMT. Now,if I try to launch P3D installer to repair registry, all other addons will have problems?

Just for further info, I have installed with succes just few minutes ago a320/321 aerosfot. This let me think that there is a problem focused on PMDG products

Just for further info, I have installed with succes just few minutes ago a320/321 aerosfot. This let me think that there is a problem focused on PMDG products

Full name required for further support.

Unlikely that this is PMDG problem, it is installed daily by many without problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full name is Renato Ferracci,

I know that it is installed by many without problem, I have done in the past too. But now this is the problem, how can I fix it?

Thank you

But now this is the problem, how can I fix it?

Dan Downs told you to submit a support ticket to PMDG at - http://support.precisionmanuals.com. Like he said this is a users forum and you are unlikely to get this problem solved anytime soon on this forum. Submit a ticket to support. Being that is is the weekend, they will probably respond Monday, maybe even sooner.

And sign your post at the bottom not in the body of the post. Set it up so that is done automatically. Click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

But now this is the problem, how can I fix it?

By removing the EMT and fixing the damage it caused. You will have to look in your registry for your version of P3D to ensure that it's pointing to the correct location. You will then have to go through the registry and look for any versions of P3D that you do not have and remove those registry pointers. The EMT's sole purpose is to convince your computer that P3D isn't P3D, and different versions of P3D are the same version. It's literally there to confuse your computer, so if other programs seem confused, that's why.

Full names in every post, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I solved. I have recovered the pc and reinstalled everything from beginning. The problem seems like PMDG lose registration of both products. Infact before all goes wrong, when I selected 777 or 737 p3d asked me the registration keys like first time installation.

Anyway thank to everyone.

Regards