Sign in to follow this  
Desaix

Enviro...weather revolution for XP?

Those beta screenshot aren't that impressive. (But there was a YB video preview out there on a takeoff in snowfall that looked impressive). I'll wait to see what X-Plane 11 has up their sleeves in the weather department.

P.S: Came across This today….. interesting!!

I see nothing on their web page about limited activations but $70 is way over the top.

As an unproven (for now) weather solution I would have thought half of that would have been more appropriate.

The price alone puts me off however good it may turn out to be.

Dev has updated. The activation system will be no different than any other XP addon so no worries on that front. The price is another matter entirely.

Tom Knudsen had posted some pics over a year ago and it looked pretty good back then.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/84551-xenviro/&page=1

The clouds look okay in those first couple of shots, but when flying over the top of those "popcorn" clouds it looks terrible. Mixing bright white puffs with gray-colored clouds doesn't look right. Just my opinion, and I know this is an old preview.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I'll reserve judgement when i'll see better, until now the cluds type are still the same but for 70$ i'd like see  all variants as Cumulus, nembocumuus, stratum ecc  and mixed togheder as rex4 with sc16. while in vide the is all uniform,  the same goes for the thickness of the clouds