Sign in to follow this  
Stefan01

Audio reset PMDG 737NG

From time to time my FO does not answer. When I test the Audio I don´t hear anything.

Audio reset is always not successful even when I repeat it several times.

It is very uncomfortable to restart P3D because of the Audio problem.  Is there another possibility to reset audio for example by restarting a service in task manager?

If I have the same problem in my PMDG 777 the audio reset is nearly in all cases succesfull. Is there a difference in the resetting program between 737 and 777?

Thanks Stefan

My system
Master:
Intel i7 CPU X980 4GHz  ;12GB RAM; CSX SSD 1200 240GB x GeForce GTX Titan 372.70  2 screens 1920x1080
Sound Creative Sound Blaster SB X_Fi  driver 6.0.1.1376
Win10.Pro V1607 14393.222 64bit;
Slave:
Intel Quad Q 8400 2,66 GHz;  8GB RAM; graphic card INTEL Q45/Q43 Express Chipset
Win10.Pro V1607 14393.222 64bit;

Software Running:
on Master P3D v3.4.9.18400 PMDG 777 & 738 , FSUIPC 4.957b, LINDA 2.8.3 ,IVAP 2.0.2.2773, FS2Crew 777 & 738, RAAS Pro  
on Slave, ASN 1.0.6107.16151, IVAP 2.0.2.2773, WideFs6.995

regards
Stefan Liebe

If I have the same problem in my PMDG 777 the audio reset is nearly in all cases succesfull. Is there a difference in the resetting program between 737 and 777?

There's no difference between the two.

You're losing audio because your audio is momentarily disconnecting from your computer... all it takes is a micro second.  It could be due to static, etc.

Are you using a headset?  If so, try using a different port.

Cheers,

Thanks for the quick answer. The input to fs2crew is via headset. The output signal from fs2crew is send to my default soundcard together with p3d sounds. This soundcard is connected with the mainboard. I can´t see why it should be disconnected, but if it is interrupted, p3d sound is still continuing.
Thanks again Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

Hi!

The same problem occurs here now and then. I use a USB-headset and resetting audio doesn't help in these cases.

I usually finish the (online) flight without FS2Crew and restart the computer on the return leg to find all is working well again.

Do I understand it right that putting the USB-headset into another port would solve the problem?
And how come that the sound of -for instance- the online pilotclient is still there on the same headset and only FS2Crew stops working?

One would expect all applications to experience the disconnect of the headset right?

(Well..obviously not right, but just out of curiousity: how come? Changing to speakers doens't solve the problem, while the main soundcard

that is plugged into the motherboard obvioulsy never disconnects I guess.) Just to be sure: I'm not FS2Crew bashing, I'm a very satisfied and happy user!! Just trying to contribute to an even better client!!

Grtz.,

Hans

Hi Hans,

The other programs might be using a different audio system.  We use Microsoft Xact.

Try a different a port.  Make sure it's not "going to sleep".  Some of them will timeout.  Check your USB port settings/ sleep settings.

Cheers,

Sorry but I was not satisfied with the above answer. I made 10 flights with the 737 and 10 flights with the 777.

The results:
777 during 10 flights I had 1 audio failure. That means the FO was not answering but still reacting on my commands. With the audio reset function I was able to reset and after the reset I could hear the FO again.

737 during 10 flights I had 5 audio failures. I was not able to reset with the audio reset function. The FO was reacting on my commands but not answering.  I could still hear the announcements of the cabin crew

On the master PC which runs P3D and FS2Crew  I use for the speakers the default sound card which is installed on the main board and which is also processing the sounds for the simulator. The left channel of the headset microphone goes to a USB soundcard to the same PC. The speakers of the headset are not connected to this PC.

The right channel of the microphone goes to a usb card to my slave PC and is used for the ATC with IVAP and the speakers of the headset are used for the ATC via IVAP.

To me it is difficult to understand why  the 777 has nearly no problems while the 737 has every second flight a failure. I cannot imagine that this should be a soundcard connection problem; also because the sound card is plugged fix on the main board.

Thanks for understanding that I try to solve this

Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

The left channel of the headset microphone goes to a USB soundcard to the same PC

That's a complex setup.

By USB sound card, do you mean USB headset?

Are you using a USB powered hub or anything in all of this?

Check that your ports are powered/not going to sleep.

The 737 and 777 share the same underlying system, so the results should be the same.

If you concentrate on the Master PC which runs P3D it is not complicated.
The sound “out” is from my sound card which is plugged on the mainboard. This sound card is the default soundcard producing all the sound coming from P3D including FS2Crew and all other Apps on this PC.
This soundcard is always powered and performs always the sound of the simulator.
The sound “In” is coming from my headset microphone which is plugged in to a USB soundcard( the USB soundcard is not fixed to the headset).  This soundcard is plugged direct in the USB Port of the mainboard and the port for the USB sound card is always powered.
Only the speakers of the headset are not plugged in this soundcard. But as I do not select the headset speakers in the FS2Crew settings this should not be a problem. Beside this the sound “In” from the microphone is not a problem. In case of audio failure all the spoken commands are still executed from the FO.
The only problem is the sound “out”. ..and what I don´t understand is why the B777 has nearly no problems and  if an audio failure happens the audio reset works fine, while the B7378 has every second flight an audio failure and the audio reset never works.

Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

At the end my Fs2Crew copilots for the PMDG 737 and 777 refused completely to listen and to react on my speech input.

I tried a lot of things even uninstalled and installed again the program, but this was not the solution.

I like the Fs2Crew addon very much and that is why I didnot give up.

At the end I have found a solution and I would like to share what helped me.

1.)In control panel / speech recognition / advanced speech options

I have setup a new profile and did mircophone setup and the training.

After this I deleted the Default Speech Profile

2.)I set up the speech dictionary with words the FO had sometimes problems to understand like:

Altimeter

Altitude

After

Armed

Takeoff

Checklist

clear

cleared

feet

gear down

okay to clean up

reset

tested 100 percent

R

v

Transition

Checklist

Flight

Level

0-9

and I gave the dicitionary some word which I never say as cannot dictate

free

oui

too

we

wee

week

3.) I found out that after a reset of the audio system the level of my microphone was always set to 27% although I need a level of 100% for my FO.

I presume that this has something to do with the microphone calibration of the speech recognition.

To prevent this I have set the registry value to 100%. This is only possible by changing the registry directly and should only done if you know what you do and after you have made a copy of your registry.

In cases when I run the speech recognition to train words I must set the recording level back to 27% manually.

The value is set:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\RecoProfiles\Tokens\

look for your profile under the tokens, go to volume and change the value decimal to 10000.

This is 100%

After this Fs2Crew runs perfect.

Regards

Stefan

regards
Stefan Liebe

3.) I found out that after a reset of the audio system the level of my microphone was always set to 27% although I need a level of 100% for my FO.
I presume that this has something to do with the microphone calibration of the speech recognition.
To prevent this I have set the registry value to 100%. This is only possible by changing the registry directly and should only done if you know what you do and after you have made a copy of your registry.
In cases when I run the speech recognition to train words I must set the recording level back to 27% manually.

The value is set:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech\RecoProfiles\Tokens\

look for your profile under the tokens, go to volume and change the value decimal to 10000.

This is 100%

After this Fs2Crew runs perfect.

Glad you got it sorted.

What OS are you running?  Not XP I hope.... You shouldn't have to do that...

To prevent this I have set the registry value to 100%.

If wondering if there is some setting on your computer somewhere that is responsible for this:

To prevent this I have set the registry value to 100%. 

So basically, whenever a disconnect happens and the reset function doesn't work (it never worked on my system anyway) all one has to
do is put back the level of the mic and all is back to a working state again? Did I get that right?