Sign in to follow this  

ProATC/X STAR problem and wrong text info

Just installed the newest version of ProATC/X. I have to problems with it:

1. ATC tells me at a certain moment what STAR I have to fly but that's it. It doesn't tell me which runway it is for and what transition to use. I only get that information when I have already passed the startingpoint of the STAR which obviously is WAY too late. This used to work perfectly in the previous version, when all that information was given a lot earlier.

2. The scrolling text info is not in sync with the spoken text: it either has a lot more information or totally different information.

Anything I can do about this? How do you handle that late STAR information? Yes, I do know where to find that information but the fun of an ATC addon is that it TELLS you everything you need to know: I don't want to look it up...

And P.S. don't tell me to post this on the official forum because they refuse to support me even though I am a paying customer.

Just installed the newest version of ProATC/X. I have to problems with it:

1. ATC tells me at a certain moment what STAR I have to fly but that's it. It doesn't tell me which runway it is for and what transition to use. I only get that information when I have already passed the startingpoint of the STAR which obviously is WAY too late. This used to work perfectly in the previous version, when all that information was given a lot earlier.

2. The scrolling text info is not in sync with the spoken text: it either has a lot more information or different information.

Anything I can do about this? How do you handle that late STAR information? Yes, I do know where to find that information but the fun of an ATC addon is that it TELLS you everything you need to know: I don't want to look it up...

And P.S. don't tell me to post this on the official forum because they refuse to support me even though I am a paying customer.

Post this on the PATC forum along with the log file from the flight. http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I guess you missed his disclaimer not to tell him to post this in the official forum. ;)

I think he did. ;)

In addition to what I posted: I only fly the Aerosoft A319 with ProATC: in order to select a STAR in the MCDU I have to first select the runway. Is there a way to select a STAR without doing that? If so, that would sort of solve my problem.

And btw I've done two flights and both gave me the same problem. I also read the new version gives you specific information later than in the previous one so this all seems to be by design and not a bug... so I wonder how others handle this.

I guess you missed his disclaimer not to tell him to post this in the official forum. ;)

I thought he wanted a solution. If he doesn't, then don't post on their forum...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I thought he wanted a solution. If he doesn't, then don't post on their forum...

Of course I want a solution but since the developer doesn't want to give me support I am asking it here. I am not asking for official support here: for that you obviously have to be on there forum! I am asking my fellow simmers how they deal with this. That's what this forum is for. I am sure there are more Airbus users who ran into this problem. I think this isn't a bug either (for which only support would help) so hence the question. So... now we've got this out of the way, maybe some other users can chime in with actually useful info? ;)

If you open PATC in-flight menu you can select flight plan information, which tells you also excpected STAR and Rwy.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

If you open PATC in-flight menu you can select flight plan information, which tells you also excpected STAR and Rwy.

Yes, I know, thank you, but as I said I know how to obtain the correct information. But I didn't buy ProATX so I can click in menu's to find the info, I want ATC to tell it to me! That's the whole point of an ATC addon! I can fly without one and find my way around perfectly but I want ATC to tell me what to do etc. at the correct moment. And as it is now that moment is always way too late.

Of course I want a solution but since the developer doesn't want to give me support I am asking it here.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. If you have paid for the software, then you will get support on their official forums.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. If you have paid for the software, then you will get support on their official forums.

+1

Agreed. Nevertheless, I don't get it and I don't want to discuss that here. I would simply like to know how others deal which the changes in ProATC's procedures.

This is odd... it is normal to have an arrival STAR in the US without an arrival runway until you are handed off from center to approach, usually about 40-60 nm from the airport.  The normal sequence is to be checking ATIS before that hand off so when you check in with approach you give them the ATIS letter along with initial contact.  ATIS generally advised active runways for planning. The approach clearance comes from approach control, not enroute center unless there is no approach (unlikely in the US for air carrier ops).

This sounds like a question on how to set up the arrival without runway in an airbus.... I have no idea. It is not a big deal in the Boeing.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hm, well, a lot of people found ProATC to be too much European so maybe they made it a bit more US....? This procedure clearly is US now. Pity there isn't an option to choose.

When you follow the forum rules, you will receive support again. It's the same rule as on the PMDG forum, a full name is a must.

This sounds like a question on how to set up the arrival without runway in an airbus.... I have no idea. It is not a big deal in the Boeing.

This option is a bit hidden in the Airbus. I gave the OP Jeroen my Airbus workflow in another thread (adapted workflow learned by asking questions from pilots and by watching too many cockpit videos from justplanes.com). Hopefully these tips will prove to be useful.

Hm, well, a lot of people found ProATC to be too much European so maybe they made it a bit more US....? This procedure clearly is US now. Pity there isn't an option to choose. 

Prior to the latest update, ProATC was quite European. Now more universal (and more realistic even for European flights).

When you follow the forum rules, you will receive support again. It's the same rule as on the PMDG forum, a full name is a must.

That's what I figured.  :wink: