Sign in to follow this  

ProATC/X STAR problem and wrong text info

When you follow the forum rules, you will receive support again. It's the same rule as on the PMDG forum, a full name is a must.

This option is a bit hidden in the Airbus. I gave the OP Jeroen my Airbus workflow in another thread (adapted workflow learned by asking questions from pilots and by watching too many cockpit videos from justplanes.com). Hopefully these tips will prove to be useful.

The difference being that on the PMDG forum any AVSIM forum member can post, so without having bought a PMDG product, so asking for a full name is a very simple and basic sort of validation. While on the ProATC forum I had to register using my full name and purchase serial so they know exactly who I am and that I am a valid paying customer and hence the need for a full name is totally unneeded. But again, as I said, I don't want to discuss this here but by now I feel the need to explain this once more. ;) And yes, I know a lot of people don't mind posting their full name online but some simply do for whatever reason.

And your workflow tips were very useful, so much so that this topic may be closed as far as I am concerned. ;)

The incorrect text vs voice issue in PATC has been known for a long time. Unfortunately, it has not been fixed in the latest version.

This means that if you're lucky, really lucky, it may be fixed in the next release. That is, in about a year.

This demonstrates the terrible release policy for PATC. The "we relase once a year" policy is really, really bad.  People report the same bugs over and over again. If they post outside of the official forum, they get the standard response of "post this in the official PATC forum". People who post in the official forum will get the standard respone of "this may or may not be fixed in the next release, please check back in a year or so".

Having to wait a year for major feature additions may be ok, but having to wait a year to get fixes for showstopping bugs like the numerous crash to desktop bugs in a software with this kind of price tag is NOT acceptable.

This is the reason I and many, many other people abandoned PATC. Some developers never learn.

Unfortunately, it has not been fixed in the latest version.

This was a decision that was made late in the development cycle. The release was late by two weeks already. Decision was to be made, are the current voices good enough to be used with the text off. As the answer was yes, the release went out to the users (voice instructions are correct). Mind you, this wasn't a mere bug fix update, but a free upgrade. Full list (over 50 items) here: https://fselite.net/news/pro-atc-x-v1-8-5-0-released/

This demonstrates the terrible release policy for PATC. The "we relase once a year" policy is really, really bad. 

And that is not how it has ever worked. Upgrade release in the fall, then bug fixes until January. Just like now. Upgrade has been release and I have already tested 4 different release candidates that fix user reported problems. If all goes well, the next bug fix release will happen in the next two weeks or so.

wait a year to get fixes for showstopping bugs like the numerous crash to desktop bugs

I've been on the forums for 5 years and I do not know of a case where CTDs haven't been fixed by following either these instructions: https://goo.gl/jZ3hKv or these  https://goo.gl/rGIFqO . If you feel that you will be the first, please let me know.

Of course I want a solution but since the developer doesn't want to give me support I am asking it here.

You seem to have got excellent support, and the answer! I think you should publish a retraction here!

What ProATC/X is now doing in this area is realistic! It wasn't before. Maybe you need to learn a little more about using your CDU? ;-)

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Does pro-atc-X tell you when to start descending when arriving on a star? Just started using it with FSLabs airbus and I hit the point where I need to start the descent and ATC doesn't say anything. I start the descent and it keeps ordering me back up to cruise altitude. 

And your workflow tips were very useful, so much so that this topic may be closed as far as I am concerned. ;)

Since you are the OP, topic closed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10