Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Sea Bases

I would like to fly a plane with floats and am having trouble finding a port with water. I would like anywhere in the world but since I have many ORBX Regions those would be a plus, thanks.

I normally test float planes at Sitka, Alaska. (not the airport)

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What I usually do is basically spawn at an airport and press for slew mode (Press Y). Once it is pressed, use F-keys to start vertical movements and arrow keys on your numbpad to navigate horizontaly. That way, you can move the airplane and start from water ;)

Start in Seattle and go anywhere North.  There is water all the way.....grin

Tom 

I've got the ' y ' key for stop and go and I can go up and down but need a way to go forward and backward. I had originally deleted all the keys so I can customize my own. That's why I'm lacking and not knowing how to go horizontally.

I've got the ' y ' key for stop and go and I can go up and down but need a way to go forward and backward. I had originally deleted all the keys so I can customize my own. That's why I'm lacking and not knowing how to go horizontally.

as I said, use your Numb-pad arrows

I fly Carenados Cessna 185 Amphibian, takeoff from a standard runway in the Rocky Mountains or Alaska and go lake hunting!

I'll have to go into the Keys/ control in FSX but since most are blank I need to know the commands and keys to move the aircraft forward and backwards while in slew mode.

I would like to fly a plane with floats and am having trouble finding a port with water. I would like anywhere in the world but since I have many ORBX Regions those would be a plus, thanks.

In terms of ORBX regions, you'll find plenty of SPBs scattered around PNW, PF and SAK - and add Tongass Fjords if you want to fill the gap between PF and SAK. If you want a further immersion factor in that area, check out Return to Misty Moorings - it's very water-oriented in its offerings.

I'll have to go into the Keys/ control in FSX but since most are blank I need to know the commands and keys to move the aircraft forward and backwards while in slew mode.

This confuses me a bit.. you seem to have accidentially blanked out your keys,  so why not go back into settings and start by re-entering all the basic key presses for flight control as you would prefer them to be,  then start a flight from one of the water runways as suggested above.

I purposely blanked out the keys to customized to my own liking . I'm missing the command/key setup that would enable me to go forward and backward in slew mode.

Go to "Settings" -> "Controls" and set the required keys:

Controls.jpg

Get yourself Tongass Fjords (payware) and Misty Moorings (freeware) Both sit nicely together.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776