Sign in to follow this  
RioPilot

Cannot get Linda to work with Aerosoft Airbus

As copied from my post here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/451948-aerosoft-airbus-module-43-v2/page-6

Could someone please help me with an issue I'm having?

I have the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321, Linda version 4.3, and this Aerosoft Airbus 4.3 module and the latest version of Prepar3d.

When I open the Airbus in Prepar3d, and Linda, I see "Aerosoft Airbus" in the dropdown menu when I hit "FSX sync." However, my attempt to assign any commands using my Saitek Multi Panel are fruitless.

For instance, when I hit the "AP" button on my panel, I see it selected in Linda, but when I assign it the "Autopilot AP1 toggle" function and save it, it does nothing in Prepar3d.

Hi @RioPilot,

thank you for copying your support question to this sub-forum. I am sorry for the delayed reply but I am banned from the computer on a Sunday evening!

The problem you are experiencing is mostly likely due to you having multiple setup folders for Airbus. Check that you have only one folder with name beginning "Aerosoft Airbus" in each of the following folders: \modules\linda\aircrafts and \modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts. If you find an old version present rename it to something else like "AirbusOld". Also check the file \modules\linda\aircrafts\aerosoft airbus\ident.lua contains the line: simfolder="Aerosoft Airbus".

Also check that you the Aerosoft add-on files are correctly located in \P3D\simobjects\airplanes. You should have up to 9 folder beginning "Aerosoft Airbus A3xx nnnn" depending on how many variants you have installed.

Once you have the above sorted, LINDA should sync correctly to "Aerosoft Airbus" (outlined in orange).  Only when you have this indication will the assignment of the AP button to 'Autopilot AP1 toggle' in the Airbus module 4.3. LINDA will only look in the sync-ed aircraft module to find the assigned function. If a function is not found then nothing will happen.

I hope this helps get you sorted.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew