Sign in to follow this  
bigtallman

MSFS HEADING PROBLEM

Evening all!Just booted up FS2004 and am having a rather strange problem. All of my runways are now about 20 degrees out of alignment for example runway 34R at KSEA used to be around 340 degrees in heading but now it shows the runway as 360 degrees heading. I have tried numerous airports both addon and default with different planes both addon and default but the headings are totally screwed up. Is there anything on the original CD's for FS2004 that I can copy and put back into FS to sort this problem out?All the best Richard

Problem solved!Read through some of the topics on this forum after doing a search and realised I just installed KCLE addon from the library. Must have a bad file in there or something because after I uninstalled it everything is back to normal, go figure!? Richard

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, I too have found this to be a problem, but in many airports -- now not sure what it is which has caused it, however, when it happens the compass and ILS are about 14 degrees off kilter. Not knowing what it is, or what scenery, perhaps, I just compensate for it as I would with compass drift or a bad ILS freq, which I have run into from time to time either caused by the airport or the aircraft.Dont' feel alone, just compensate and fly the aircraft like you would HAVE to do in real life. Just one of those MS or someone eles' 'eggs' which must be dealt with.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Yes it was Mr Ansari's but it was made for FS2002 and not FS2004 like I was using it for I know you dont but please dont think that I am cross at him for the problem.Regards Richard